• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2012-08-10, 01:51 PM   #2841
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Got Knock Out - not a bad figure actually; despite the very bare robot mode it sums up the character nicely for the most part - love the smirking face. Shoulders are a bit of a mess, though.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 11:39 AM   #2842
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

And now I've got a Hasbro Ratchet. While the mould's still too small and the alt mode is like something out of Universe, if you're going to get a Prime Ratchet, get the Hasbro one - the paint apps on the robot mode alone make it the better choice as you can get Reprolabels for the vehicle details but you'll never get stickers looking good over those curved limbs. If that isn't enough, the Hasbro one isn't covered in those shitty Powerlinx craters and has the screen-accurate double stabby blades.

Old 2012-08-11, 01:48 PM   #2843
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Been a while since I posted on here:

FoC Shockwave: In short he's a pretty neat toy. Follows the game character model pretty well, including the flying roadster cannon he has for a vehicle mode. While not perfect, he's got hollowish legs, he's a pretty neat toy. Oh, and his arm cannon turns into a 3 barreled cannon if you want to give it to someone else.

The Ultimate Battle 2 Pack: Boy are these guys crappy. Of the pair G2 Megs comes out the best, being kinda bulky in robot mode even if his tank mode is shite. Prime looses all around. He looks like Prime in robot mode, but if you try and move him the stupid gimmick in him makes his upper body spin round like he's a bloody top trying to punch everyone. Thankfully the pair of them are just going to sit there in robot mode and look like G2 Megs and Optimus.

Prime Hot Shot: Rather then buy another Bumblebee I picked him up. So much more awesome.

Cyberverse Ultra Magnus: Meh truck mode, but the robot mode is pretty awesome. He's almost as wide as Bulkhead, taller, and not hollow, plus he comes with a big assed Animated styled hammer.

Cyberverse Dreadwing: Decent enough Jet and Robot modes, he's pretty beefy even if he's a tad bit shorter then Megatron. However you can combine his weapons into a rough approximation of his show cannon and I've got nothing bad to say about his color scheme.

Kreo Optimus Prime, Sentinel Prime, and Mirage: Go clearance sales. Snagged the two big guys for $40 for the pair, and paid $5 for Mirage at another store. Not bad sets, if large ones.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 09:17 PM   #2844
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Found the (deep breath) Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Cyberverse Commander Series 2 Ironhide. (Gasp choke wheeze). He's pretty cool. The only thing wrong with him, to me at least, is that he doesn't turn into a van. Now, when they finally get him on the show, I hope they stick with these arm cannons. I'm loving this merging of G1 and Movie designs.

I hope the Deluxe version looks as good.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 09:35 PM   #2845
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Oddly enough, it seems like the Deluxe mold was solicited as Kup first. Even though they didn't remold it, so he's just a teal and light green Ironhide. I don't get it.

I had a good find myself today. I was bored, there was nothing on TV and I didn't want to do dishes, so I spent the afternoon scouring garage sales and a local collectibles shop instead. I was pleasantly surprised to find some G2 goodness at one of my stops. They had a really shitty Air Raid (as in, it literally looked like someone had shat in his arm socket). My Air Raid had broken tailfins and that was the only part of the toy that wasn't disgusting. So I popped that section off, popped it onto my Air Raid and threw the rest of that mangy thing right into the garbage. It's a shame actually...the figure looked like it was in better shape than mine but there's no way I'm even trying to clean it off.

They also had G2 Afterburner, missing his arms and gun but otherwise practically mint. I had an Afterburner at home who was loose and covered in paint wear, and a couple swapped limbs later I now have a gorgeous, bearly used figure.

They also had all of the G2 Combaticons save for Swindle (who I just happened to have at home)...but none of the accessories or combiner parts. Bah. I suspect my eyes just lit up for a second there until I realized I wouldn't be able to make Bruticus from them. Can't win 'em all, I suppose. I did grab the extra G2 Blast Off they had though, because I've always loved the look of him and for $5 you can't go wrong.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 10:27 PM   #2846
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK
Talking

I just got custom head guards for Universe Inferno & RTS Grapple. They are made by a guy who trades as Maiden Japan. I found him through the TFW2005 boards, and there are pictures of his work there. The parts are really well made, with love and care evident. The head guards even come painted to match the TF colours too, so no work involved at all. Very nice, and recommended. Inferno particularly benefits from the addition of the head guard. I'll post photos over the weekend hopefully.

Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 01:44 PM   #2847
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Lumping all my new acquisitions in one:

Takara Arms Micron Breakdown: Aka the one that hasbro won't put out. Not a bad figure, unique transformation but some parts feel like they will break [most notably his elbows]. Lots of reports about broken parts on this one and none in the same spot! Nevertheless, very show accurate once those crappy stickers are applied, Rhinohammer minicon is very stable in weapon mode.

Takara Arms Micron Terrorcon Cliffjumper: Aka the one hasbro puts out but can't decide on the deco. It's the FE mould, in zombie flavour, in translucent purple plastic. Needs stickers for almost every detail there is [windows, wrists, faux bumper in robot mode]. Powerlink ports aren't as obtrusive as I thought, vehicle mode isn't half bad and his minicon, while shitty, looks like Ravage in panther mode.

Takara Arms Micron Darkness Megatron: Aka the one character hasbro screws over in decos the last four years. Voyager Megatron with chrome, darker colours, minicons instead of powerup gun and tribal\classy sticker deco. The mould isn't bad in robot mode, although he's a tad thinner than I'd like. Chrome works well, the darker plastic everywhere else suits him. Minicon 1 is a gorilla that turns into an approximation of his arm cannon, minicon 2 is a HUGE bat that turns into wings or a scythe. I mean it, it's HUGE, easily the size of a deluxe figure. Joints on it are a tad loose and I don't trust the backpack connection that much, but it's impressive. Scythe mode, as you guessed it, is too heavy for Megatron to effectively wield. Vehicle mode for Megatron is laughable, seriously, who thought that this is a good mode?

Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 06:02 PM   #2848
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack 'n Ruin View Post
I just got custom head guards for Universe Inferno & RTS Grapple. They are made by a guy who trades as Maiden Japan. I found him through the TFW2005 boards, and there are pictures of his work there. The parts are really well made, with love and care evident. The head guards even come painted to match the TF colours too, so no work involved at all. Very nice, and recommended. Inferno particularly benefits from the addition of the head guard. I'll post photos over the weekend hopefully.
Photos are here: http://photobucket.com/RnR_TF

Apologies for the dodgy camera work...

Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 03:20 PM   #2849
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Back from vacation, I have the green Giant waiting for me in the garage. It's a cool, cool toy!

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 07:34 PM   #2850
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Kreo Galvatron
Got this guy on a cheap order from Amazon. Cute, though obviously made of recycled parts (Sentinel Prime's helmet, and Megatron's cannon most notably). Includes parts to form a 'cannon' mode, provided that you're drunk and aren't looking at it too closely.

Kreo Spinister
"Well, here's a helicopter!" Like Spinister, is made largely from recycled parts, in this case Mirage's helmet and Vortex's helicopter attachment. Doesn't really invoke Spinister, but at least his colors are arranged correctly unlike his BotCon equivalent. Comes with a big-ass gun that also forms his helicopter skids. Not as laughable of an alt-mode as Galvie, but not exactly convincing either.

Kreo Scorponok
This one mades a reasonable Scorpion mode, for a Microchanger, anyway. Robot mode reuses Sideswipe's helmet (though it really works here) and Vortex's helicopter harness flipped around. The big note here is the new 'fore-arms' which are the scorpion claws, which really help this guy stand out. This was my first KreO with some QC problems, though, as the tolerances on the new hand pieces seemed really off. Fun though...

Half the trial wave done, the other have to go. Crankstart, Waspinator, and Sunstorm.. got one more small batch of KreO leftovers coming, so I hopefully won't have to pay exaggerated prices to get the last of these guys before they're just gone.

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 06:42 PM   #2851
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Aligned Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Revealer Hot Shot.

Not bad, actually. The mould's nowhere near as good as the FE but isn't bad on its' own terms - great Automorph, everything needs more Automorph. Plus he's a homage to Tracks in one mode and some sort of psychotic Skids in another. Between the mould and the scheme I don't really feel like I've doubled up too much. Let's have Crapjumper as Tailgate now please Hasbro!

He looks like a right twat with his goggles up, though.

Old 2012-08-21, 08:36 PM   #2852
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Aligned Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Revealer Hot Shot.

Not bad, actually. The mould's nowhere near as good as the FE but isn't bad on its' own terms - great Automorph, everything needs more Automorph. Plus he's a homage to Tracks in one mode and some sort of psychotic Skids in another. Between the mould and the scheme I don't really feel like I've doubled up too much. Let's have Crapjumper as Tailgate now please Hasbro!

He looks like a right twat with his goggles up, though.
Not sure if I like the goggles, but I do love the deco on this one. This is a 'repaint done right', particularly for such an overused design as Movie:Prime:Aligned:Etc. Bumblebee. The new colors, head, and tamps really make this one stand out, and it's actually attractive to boot! (Unlike, say, Dead End over there... )

Tailgate is supposedly still coming, but I'm beginning to wonder with only one wave of Prime toys in the announced queue and dead silence after that apart from more FoC stuff. :S

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 09:42 AM   #2853
The Reverend
Double Targetmaster

Knoxville, TN

I got Impossible Toys' Spike & Sparkplug figures from BBTS on clearance. They're Diaclone driver-scaled, so you can put them in the Diaclone-era vehicles.

They also come with some extremely tiny accessories. Magnified close enough for easy viewing on the internets, the figures are quite fugly, but to the eye they're not too bad a representation of the characters.

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 01:28 PM   #2854
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
The new colors, head, and tamps really make this one stand out, and it's actually attractive to boot! (Unlike, say, Dead End over there... )
Mmm, the rest of the recolours look absolutely terrible... I'm not picking any of those up... Hot Shot though is really growing on me, though - the boxy chest, red touches, doors and guns really do make him look an awful lot like Skids in robot mode to the point that I'm surprised they didn't do a different head, carry the red bars onto the car mode and just name him as such; presumably all the unsold DotM Skids were a bit of factor (though once again Mudflap outnumbers him about 8-1 - can't see that trademark getting much of an airing now the character's gone from the films).

But then none of the repaints really look like anyone thus far... I'd be tempted to pick up an RiD Cliffjumper and have a go myself but white paint on scarlet plastic isn't going to be fun.

Old 2012-08-22, 03:05 PM   #2855
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
I'd be tempted to pick up an RiD Cliffjumper and have a go myself but white paint on scarlet plastic isn't going to be fun.
Somebody is already bravely enough to do that. Not me, though.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 09:23 AM   #2856
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

I picked up Quickswitch from the post office and winning him in a Ebay bid, without any accessories and more than likely missing some stuff.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 06:12 PM   #2857
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Smile

A local flea market was overrun with Transformers collectors today as part of a local fan convention, so I swung buy to see what they had. Mostly is was overpriced MISB stuff from recent lines, but a few people we selling Japanese figures and there was a bit of vintage stuff, too. I didn't find any of the BW stuff I'd been looking for (all I saw was a Tigatron that looked really, really bad...not sure if it was badly yellowed or if the Hasbro version was originally that far from white, it's been so long since I've seen one) but I did get a good deal on a few small G1 figures: Crankcase, Sinnertwin and Dead End.

Crankcase is a surprise, because I didn't think Triggercons were this big. I was expecting something closer to a Sparkabot or a combiner limb, but backpack included he's as tall as Prowl. It takes away a bit from the cute factor I was expecting, but overall I do like the look of him. His trigger mechanism doesn't lock into place for vehicle mode anymore, which in theory would be a bad thing but his alt-mode is a detailless block like most of the 1988 toys so it doesn't really bother me. For $5, not a bad deal. He's definitely changed my mind about the other Triggercons though, and not in a good way. The others are even simpler than he is and while that would have been cute if they were smaller, but at this size any interest I had in guys like Backstreet or Override has evaporated. Out of the others only Ruckus looks even close to this good, and even then he'd be a "maybe" for me.

Sinnertwin I already owned, but mine had seen better days. He got played with a lot and his joints got so loose that you'd need to glue his feet to the table to get him to stand in beast mode. He's still a servicable toy, but completely useless for display. The one I picked up today obviously didn't get put through nearly as much back in the day, because all the joints are tight and the only wear is to the stickers. He looks really weird though, because he's the 1988 version and the one I had was from the '87 production run -- you can tell the difference because they removed the rubsign indents from the '88 Terrorcons, and Sinnertwin looks very different without a giant black square between his necks. I like him the most out of the small Terrorcons (faint praise, I know...) so it's really cool to have a Sinnertwin around that isn't beat all to hell.

Dead End I bought as a novelty more than anything. Breakdown, Drag Strip and Wildrider all transform like Micromasters, with about two steps to get from robot to car. Dead End's a bit different, and I was always impressed with how his back wheels wound up between his legs in robot mode. It's not much, but it gives him a unique look that stands out from the rest. He's also got a nice colour scheme. Articulation is limited to the shoulders, but unlike lots of gestalt limbs (like Sinnertwin above) his arms are proportioned well enough that he doesn't look silly. The one I got is a bit dirty and his stickers are essentially gone, but a good wash will get rid of the grime and sticker residue. He also (surprisingly, for second-hand combiner limbs) came with all of his accessories, which is cool even though I've never been a fan of the "car with a giant gun on top of it" look that the Stunticons have going on.

All in all, some pretty good finds.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 08:49 AM   #2858
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

I got me a DOTM Guzzle to hang out with Kup. Guzzle's a decent, if rather tight-jointed, toy. In today's standards, Guzzle is a rather shitty Scouts-sized figure, especially compared to, oh, Ransack or Breacher, but he is Guzzle and I love him.

Blackjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:56 AM   #2859
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Snagged two things over the past week.

Fall of Cybertron: Been taking it slow on this one. Haven't beaten it yet. Between work, a commission, and the like I haven't had the time to beat it AND screw around on the multiplayer. I think, so far, it's an improvement on War for Cybertron. I like the customization for the multiplayer a whole lot more, that's for sure.

DOTM Leader Ironhide: Found this sitting in a discount shop for the same price new Voyagers are going for. I picked him up because I'm a fan of Movie Ironhide and, lets face it, his figure looks pretty boss. He's big, he's bulky. While not perfect, he's still pretty awesome.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 11:33 AM   #2860
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Bought first Transformer in months the other day - Prime Deluxe Soundwave.

I'd seen him in Forbidden Planet and was tempted, but not at their silly prices. Fortunately Prime Deluxes seem to have arrived in my local stores at last this week, and at normal RRP I couldn't resist. I just had to know how he transformed from that drone plane into the spindly robot on the back of the box! I wasn't disappointed - he's a neat figure with a remarkably simple transformation. I like the wee Laserbeak too, and that he can perch on Soundwave's arms.

I find it hard to connect the robot with Soundwave, not having watched Prime at all it's a radical change from the G1 design - even the live action film designs look more like Soundwave than this - but frankly he's a really cool design anyway.

Are other Prime deluxes as fun as this? I'd be tempted to pick up more if they are - Asda seem to have a buy two for 20 deal, but I'm not sure there's two I want... (Sadly they didn't have Soundwave, or I may have been tempted to pick up Wheeljack as well - seems it's Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Arcee and Bumblebee that are common here.)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat is offline   Reply With Quote