• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2014-07-02, 09:39 PM   #3801
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Generations Sandstorm and Scoop, Warbotron not-Brawl and TFC not-Scrapper. Got TFC not-Air Raid not so long ago (works great with reprolabels and the targetmaster partner that Cyclonus came with).

Sandstorm goes well with the Rain Storm minigun. Scoop, despite the lack of paint apps, feels like a surprisingly premium product... smooth movement and better quality plastic than I've come to expect from a lot of Hasbro things these days.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 09:57 PM   #3802
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Generations Sandstorm and Scoop, Warbotron not-Brawl and TFC not-Scrapper. Got TFC not-Air Raid not so long ago (works great with reprolabels and the targetmaster partner that Cyclonus came with).
Are you chasing the whole sets now? My not-Brawl should be here Monday.

Picked up AOE Galvatron yesterday, and it may be the single greatest shellformer ever. The entire truck cab just folds up flat against the robot's back and gets out of the way. It's brilliant! However, it's that same slightly ugly shade of unpainted gray plastic that several DOTM toys were made in. It's a shame as it's a very intricate sculpt.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 10:28 PM   #3803
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Are you chasing the whole sets now?
Nah, just pieces I particularly like the look of, which is averaging towards one member of a team and mixing and matching production companies. Counting the FP Headmasters, although the Autobot ones are in a smaller scale 3P/classics line-up whilst not-Weirdwolf is with MP/3P stuff, I've picked up more FP figures than the others, though -- got their not-Bombshell and not-Wildrider as well. A little bit tempted by other MMC Feralcons, but I don't care about Predaking. The Technobots are the only team I'd display as a gestalt and completism tends to burn me out. FT Dinobots are an exception to that.

TFC have gone for reflective plastic and quite noticeably chamfered edges in comparison to everyone else, and feel a bit cheaper (more like official voyagers) because of it. Whilst I like these two, I'm not struck on other stuff they've done or even the rest of the teams they're part of. With Eagle 15 I only went for it because I liked the effect the labels added. Structor suffers a little from the colour scheme, elbow hinges and lack of ankle articulation.

Taking a bit of a break now whilst pre-orders come in and until something particularly exciting gets revealed.

Old 2014-07-02, 10:36 PM   #3804
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
The entire truck cab just folds up flat against the robot's back and gets out of the way. It's brilliant!
My friend picked him up and compared it to beautiful origami. I haven't had a chance to check it out, but based on that, I'm wanting it. On the other hand, there's a fairly high chance of a future repaint, isn't there?

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 12:22 AM   #3805
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Nah, just pieces I particularly like the look of, which is averaging towards one member of a team and mixing and matching production companies. Counting the FP Headmasters, although the Autobot ones are in a smaller scale 3P/classics line-up whilst not-Weirdwolf is with MP/3P stuff, I've picked up more FP figures than the others, though -- got their not-Bombshell and not-Wildrider as well. A little bit tempted by other MMC Feralcons, but I don't care about Predaking. The Technobots are the only team I'd display as a gestalt and completism tends to burn me out. FT Dinobots are an exception to that.

TFC have gone for reflective plastic and quite noticeably chamfered edges in comparison to everyone else, and feel a bit cheaper (more like official voyagers) because of it. Whilst I like these two, I'm not struck on other stuff they've done or even the rest of the teams they're part of. With Eagle 15 I only went for it because I liked the effect the labels added. Structor suffers a little from the colour scheme, elbow hinges and lack of ankle articulation.

Taking a bit of a break now whilst pre-orders come in and until something particularly exciting gets revealed.
I'm not playing completest with the 3P stuff by any means (I'm not even aware of enough of it to play completist for a subset). But I learned long ago to enjoy the quiet, slow burn of anticipation to piece together an ensemble that comes out in staggered releases. So I am greatly enjoying putting together the various combiner sets. Feral Rex and Warbotron may be the last two that I acquire as they come out, though. I know of at least two Defensors and two Computrons in the pipeline, and I'd rather wait until they're fully in the wild to start another one. Acquiring one group at a time is fine, but multiple teams simultaneously is proving to be a bit too much.

Of course the gestalts were something I was pining for when I started collecting, so I'm perhaps giving less cautious considerations than I should. And they've also got me building display cases to put them in, so they're definitely a thing to themselves within the larger collecting hobby... but they're so pretty when they're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
My friend picked him up and compared it to beautiful origami. I haven't had a chance to check it out, but based on that, I'm wanting it. On the other hand, there's a fairly high chance of a future repaint, isn't there?
Yes! Truck origami, that's him. Basically, just imagine the original Pipes/Huffer with a truck cab that folds up flat. It's really neat. As for future repaints, maybe? None that I know of right now, but I'd wait to pick one up until after the San Diego Comic Con if you want to hold out for a bit. That's usually the last reliable announcement of new stuff until the New York Toy Fair in January, with other announcements scattered randomly through the fall.

Old 2014-07-05, 10:58 AM   #3806
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Transformers Generations Orion Pax and Dreadwing (prefer it over the Megatron variant) in separate shipments from different sellers.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:51 AM   #3807
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Snagged Generations Rattrap and Cybertron Red Alert

UI don't know what it is about the Cybertron designs I like so much. Something about the bulky, boxy look to them I guess.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:51 PM   #3808
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

I opened the Generations AOE Slug I got a couple while back and he's pretty messy. Purple murder-dinosaur mode actually looks good other than the wacky-looking feet (but then the show model also has wacky-looking feet, so it's not the fault of the toy designers). Both the transformation and robot mode are awkward and messy as hell, though, and it generally feels like a rushed product all around.

He's got a cool head though.

He isn't as messy as stock photography had him -- the tail that hangs down his butt can be folded upwards -- but unlike Crosshairs it doesn't absolve him of all of his problems. Looks a bit better (if thinner) with the dinosaur forelimbs folded up out of sight behind the dinosaur head, but still, not a fan of him.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 08:31 AM   #3809
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Generations Scoop. A cheerful orange digger with two cheerful Targetmasters. He's fun!

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 06:06 PM   #3810
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
but unlike Crosshairs it doesn't absolve him of all of his problems.
Does this mean my review coerced you into buying Crosshairs?

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 03:08 PM   #3811
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Does this mean my review coerced you into buying Crosshairs?
Damn right it did.

He's a fun little bugger!

Old 2014-07-08, 04:17 PM   #3812
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Damn right it did.

He's a fun little bugger!
Excellent! I'm always glad to be an enabler.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 12:47 PM   #3813
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

AoE Crosshairs and Drift. I hadn't bought a transformer in ages, but now that there are movie Autobots I don't own I couldn't help it. The addiction took over. I haven't opened them yet, but I really like the box designs.

Still alive, I'm just bad at keeping up with forums.
You can read my articles and reviews at gintendo.co.uk but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 02:50 PM   #3814
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Went on a spree! On the AOE side I got Strafe, Drift, Hound and the two-packs with Beast Wars repaints

On the Generations side I got Skywarp, Scoop, and the newest MVP of my collection that took a shit-ton or time to find... THE GREAT AND MIGHTY UNVINCIBLE WHIRL!

Freakin' Minicons are everywhere. I suppose being Ammonites they represent their fictional counterparts exceedingly well.

Old 2014-07-10, 09:27 PM   #3815
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

Got Warborton not-Brawl Tuesday, and I also got the Takara Lost Age Soundwave redeco in black. Never got the DOTM deluxe Soundwave mold as 1) it never came out here and 2) it was the same ugly shade of gray plastic as Sideswipe. But this version... this is nice. It would seem to have an actual paint deco, and the silver paint on the head is lovely. I like it! It's a neat variation of the car-to-robot scheme. I can't think of any others that place the wheels behind the head. They didn't include his mechtech weapon thing, but I'm not too worried about it.

Also got the blue Jolt, but I haven't opened him yet.

Old 2014-07-11, 03:50 AM   #3816
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Ooh, blue Jolt was around but at a price more expensive than a Voyager class toy I regrettably passed on him.

DOTM Soundwave might just tempt me though...

Old 2014-07-11, 04:17 PM   #3817
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

The Transformers: Generations-Deception Doubledealer. I haven't taken him out the box but IMHO he looks better than Generations Blitzwing does. Maybe it's paint apps or maybe the mold just better suits Doubledealer's character better than Blitzwing.

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 04:48 PM   #3818
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

It's amazing how much a new head improves Blitzwing. Doubledealer... seems a bit unfinished, since the defining things about him were the bird mode and big rocket. At least the rocket's fairly easy to do;

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub...?f=143&t=97849

Old 2014-07-12, 11:58 AM   #3819
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Transformers: Age Of Extinction deluxe Slug on Sunday and Generations: Armada Starscream from Amazon on Thursday.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 01:49 PM   #3820
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

WASPINATORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Also, Rattrap.