• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2014-09-09, 07:52 PM   #3961
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Not really MY newest acquisition...but still

My friend came over and I gave her the IDW Bumblebee I got her as a gift. So we opened him up and toyed a little.

I thought he'd be a good entry point but he's not---for a total non-fan, even a deluxe his size and complexity is a bit too much.

Instructions were not much help at all. This makes it 2 things out of that one package with bad instructions.

Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 08:08 PM   #3962
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
My friend came over and I gave her the IDW Bumblebee I got her as a gift. So we opened him up and toyed a little.
You dawg, you. "...toyed a little." Uh huh.

Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 09:52 PM   #3963
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

RiD Dreadwind and Smokejumper ... fun for their FOURTEEN MISSILES , as Mr Thew points out http://youtu.be/IUTGqWsTzRE?list=UUP...3U_8jMzLw5TbEg

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 09:56 PM   #3964
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
I thought he'd be a good entry point but he's not---for a total non-fan, even a deluxe his size and complexity is a bit too much.
Out of recent stuff, I'd say Swerve or Cosmos are probably decent starters.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 10:37 PM   #3965
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Through the post today I've had a leader Grimlock, which I look forward to opening (lovely mold with some odd colour choices) and a Generations Whirl which I didn't offer and can only guess is a birthday present. It arrived as a standard parcel with no wrapping or message or anything!

Still alive, I'm just bad at keeping up with forums.
You can read my articles and reviews at gintendo.co.uk but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 01:29 PM   #3966
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Beast Machines Spy Streak! He's ace! I love him and his crazy missile launcher / claw grabby arms! I've been after one since I saw him teasingly advertised in the old Beast Wars VHS tapes as 'Win A Beast Machines Basic Toy' (I entered and won Scavenger - so I have two of him, but that's okay as he's a drone). Lovely colours and detailing, plus a fun transformation. Robot mode is great and I am very pleased with him. Or possibly her. Hard to tell.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 09:08 PM   #3967
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Only following the Senate's orders.

Old 2014-09-11, 10:38 PM   #3968
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Nice! I wanted to grab one of the first versions, but they evaporated pretty quickly. iGear has been more poorly circulated than some of the other companies, it seems.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 11:15 PM   #3969
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Regular one looks really quite nice with reprolabels to cover the windows, but still wasn't feeling it -- Primes are one area that's well served by official releases, and personally don't feel the need for anything beyond a battered original and the original MP. First black repaint I've picked up apart from a brief dabble with RID Scourge years ago. Feels well-made.

iGear = ToyWorld, then?

Old 2014-09-12, 12:57 AM   #3970
Clay

Murray, KY
Red face

Gah, no... I must have conflated this one with the Faith Leader/downsized MP1 that iGear made, because that was another one that I couldn't find after the first round had passed.

Toyworld makes Hardbone, yeah? They've got good designs, but I haven't seen much of their stuff that's piqued my interest more than the Fansproject counterparts.

Old 2014-09-12, 03:14 PM   #3971
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

If anyone wants a Prime Beast Hunters Abominus still, the fact the line died a death in the UK means they're now reduced to just 5.50 at your local Tesco (probably not in the main toy aisle if my store is anything to go by but in what we call The Power Aisle, which will basically be a big wall of reduced toys in this case). That's about a quarter of what they were originally.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 03:28 PM   #3972
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Opened Roadbuster last night. A fine toy but with so many quality issues. The joints that should be tight are loose and the joints that should be looser are so tight. And I cannot believe how light he is. This is a VOYAGER CLASS we are talking about here (maybe I shouldn't play MMC's Bovis/Fortis/Leo Dux first and then this dude). The hollowness in both robot mode and vehicle mode were covered well but while it may look fine from outside, the fact it is hollow inside cannot be ignored. He has many accessories (weapons), too. And I like them more than Whirl's weapons.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 05:36 PM   #3973
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
And I cannot believe how light he is. This is a VOYAGER CLASS we are talking about here (maybe I shouldn't play MMC's Bovis/Fortis/Leo Dux first and then this dude). The hollowness in both robot mode and vehicle mode were covered well but while it may look fine from outside, the fact it is hollow inside cannot be ignored.
-Fully- agree. I handled dalek's Roadbuster at AA and was surprised at the lack of weight. He's certainly lighter than Springer/Sandstorm.

Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 06:57 PM   #3974
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
If anyone wants a Prime Beast Hunters Abominus still, the fact the line died a death in the UK means they're now reduced to just 5.50 at your local Tesco (probably not in the main toy aisle if my store is anything to go by but in what we call The Power Aisle, which will basically be a big wall of reduced toys in this case). That's about a quarter of what they were originally.
It's the see-through parts version, isn't it?

http://www.tesco.com/direct/transfor...r/528-0784.prd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2iukRdsV9s

If it's this, I might pick one up...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...-abominus.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay
Toyworld makes Hardbone, yeah? They've got good designs, but I haven't seen much of their stuff that's piqued my interest more than the Fansproject counterparts.
They do lack flair. It works with Hegemon and Orion (the black version, anyway) but things like Swamper just look off.

Old 2014-09-12, 07:59 PM   #3975
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Got a package from Kapow Toys while I was away bat surveying in the north this week: Make toys Armageddon and Perfect Effect Warden have arrived!

I'm too knackered to feel I can do Warden justice tonight but I have opened Armageddon and built both the new improved G1 style YOS Supreme Omega Supreme robot and base. And wow. Simply wow. I've got a few 3rd party WSTs, the I gear Legends Class G1 Bumblebee and of course the original release of Fansproject City Commander but I'm generally reluctant to buy 3rd party stuff. This was therefore a big gamble but it more than paid off. I expected the robot mode to be awesome and it is, but I did not expect the base mode to be so f*%ing cool! This is the best Transformers base mode ever! And if you leave the cannon attached to the spaceship it looks so much like an updated version of the G1 character it's unreal. Oh, and it is huge!

A very welcome distraction from the Scottish referendum debate. Getting personal attacks from 'friends' now for voting Yes, and the media is so biased and talking so much nonsense it's depressing. I thought the UK was better than this, but apparently not. I'll update on that new thread over the weekend but seriously if you take the 'facts' from the national media headlines just now, you're being fed half-truths through misrepresentation of the actual facts. And sadly the BBC is the worst...

Anyhoo - if Warden is as awesome as Armageddon I'm sold on 3rd party - bigger test though being a large standalone figure rather than an upgrade kit!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.

Last edited by numbat; 2014-09-12 at 09:13 PM.
numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 10:17 PM   #3976
Clay

Murray, KY

Big box came today, including Talon, Movie Wheeljack, Takara Rusty Prime, Generations Legends Cliffjumper and Nemesis Prime, and the Skids wave of Generations Deluxe.

Have only opened Talon so far, but *yay*. One more to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
If it's the boxed set, it'll be the translucent versions.

How much is 5.50 GBP in dollars? $11 or $12? I think the shipping would nix it for me either way.

Quote:
They do lack flair. It works with Hegemon and Orion (the black version, anyway) but things like Swamper just look off.
I like their version of Hardhead. I know Fansproject plan to do one at some point, but I like the tank being bigger than Chromedome's car or Brainstorm's single-seater spaceship.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	talon.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	336.6 KB
ID:	10386  
Old 2014-09-13, 07:49 AM   #3977
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Wow, that 3rd party Predaking is looking pretty neat!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Old 2014-09-13, 03:56 PM   #3978
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Snagged a Generations Roadbuster the other day.

I like him. A lot. He's a little on the light side but the plastics feel solid. I also love all the ratchet joints all over him. The only issue I have with mine is a little over paint on one of his legs way down (but nothing I can't remove in 30 seconds). I don't so much mind the hollow bits if the plastic is solid and the figure looks good.

He comes with 6 separate weapons that can combine in various ways if desired. He also comes with something like 30 stickers to add detail, much like Whirl did. Roadbuster also comes with an optional Wreckers symbol for his chest. I also dig his alt mode, which looks like an armored car.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 07:33 PM   #3979
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

I lucked out at Savers yesterday. For US$13 I got used:
Prime: Megatron. No weapons, and someone had swapped the legs around, but great condition.

Transmetal: Cheetor and Dinobot II (chipped paint)

Fuzor: Airhammer (loose ball joints)

Generations: Blitzwing. He's missing a foot, his head, and the panels that cover his wrists, but there's enough here for me to know I don't like him, which is better than paying retail price to learn that.

Beast Wars: Ultra Optimus Primal. He's missing the panel that forms his ape face, and what I assume are panels that hold his missle launchers down. But, the gun hand works, he came with the skull mace, and his arms still do the flailing thing. He's basically a fully functioning robot mode. If I want to put him in alt mode, I can use the little mask thing for the beast face.

Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 08:39 AM   #3980
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Opened up Perfect Effect Warden.

Robot mode is absolutely amazing. The build quality and finish is up there with Masterpiece, if not better (although I'm disappointed paint is chipping from the pegs that clip the tread backpack into the tank mode with just one transformation). Love the wee Nebulan dude too. Such a phenomenal likeness to IDW Fort Max, which is a very cool design. And I can't believe he balances just fine with the giant treads on his back, or holding that gigantic gun!

Alternate mode... Yeah, well. He doesn't so much as transform, but rather the robot folds in half, pieces pop off, then pop on in different places (which is also quite fiddly - and can the big gun actually attach properly in tank mode the way the instructions say?). If Hasbro released a figure with a similar transformation we'd all be ranting about it. So best third party Transformer ever? I really hope not, personally. But Warden is certainly an extremely impressive display piece in robot mode, and worth it if you like the design and character. (Certainly better than a G1 brick, in my view.)

So, I've ordered his upgrade kit to make him taller and add his leg guns, as well as MMC Terminus Hexatron Continuum. I realised I've almost effectively completed my collection in terms of G1 characters I want updates of, and third party may be the way to finish it assuming Perfect Effect do release Deathstalker (not-Scorponok) sometime, and someone makes a not-Overlord. I won't hold my breath for Hasbro, and, frankly, I don't like the style they've given the upcoming Combiner Wars figures anyway.

Also items on eBay.