• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2014-10-08, 08:00 AM   #4041
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK

I just bought the Tesco exclusive FOC Grimlock dressed up as G1 Grimlock + Deluxe Silver (Chrome) Knight Optimus Prime. UK'ers be aware - this set is now 20 in store (and I think online!). The shelf edge label still said 30 though...

Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 11:30 PM   #4042
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

I just got TF:G Jhiaxus, Crosscut, and Leader Class Jetfire

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 12:00 AM   #4043
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
I like the figure, but that red chrome...
Surprise! The plastic under that red chrome is red too, so if one were so inclined and knew how, they could strip the chrome off.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutori...ire-101-a.html

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 12:33 AM   #4044
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

A Generations Rattrap arrived in the mail today courtesy of Clay, who graciously didn't mock me for telling him a month and a half ago "nah, it'll totally be out here in a week or two".

The figure is definitely a step up from the disappointing kneeless Waspinator, though I don't think he's as cool as Rhinox was. I especially like the beast mode, which is adequately lively and poseable, doing a good job of replicating all the times he did his "we're doomed" shtick in rat mode (even if he does have obvious robot parts visible in his tummy). Robot mode a bit less so since the joints don't quite have the range of motion I'd like, but he's well-designed and has every Deluxe I've bought in the last couple years beaten on looks aside from maybe Waspy.

The transformation is very shellformery and it seems like all you're going to get at the end is a loose rat-shaped mess of panels, so I was very pleasantly surprised to find that after I finally figured out where each of the little bits go he was actually very, very solid in both modes.

I think I need to do something about that clear gun, though...

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 01:17 AM   #4045
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
A Generations Rattrap arrived in the mail today courtesy of Clay, who graciously didn't mock me for telling him a month and a half ago "nah, it'll totally be out here in a week or two".
Well, not yet anyway...

He's pretty good, innit he?

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 03:02 AM   #4046
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

He's not bad at all. I especially like how the tail is poseable, but still rigid enough that you can use it for extra support in robot mode. It makes him so easy to balance!

I wish he was a bit more poseable in robot mode (the elbows in particular could really use another 20 degrees or so of movement) but I'm struggling to think of any Deluxes I've bought in the last couple years that are better. The only one that comes to mind is Scorn, so he's in pretty good company.

Thanks again!

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 09:42 PM   #4047
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I has got the 2004 reissue Predacons!!! (er, again, after stupidly selling them a few years ago)

weeee they are ace. Now i can do Prey in the living room! Hooray!

and maybe Grudge Match.

I have decided I very much like how big and chunky they are. And adorable, becasue all the sharp looking bits are all round so they look quite cute.

And Predaking frickin' rocks!

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 05:43 PM   #4048
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

The local Wal-Mart, having finally gotten most of their reworking done, has picked exactly the wrong moment to bring in most of the Generations figures I wanted.

Stupid needing stupid winter stupid tires.

So, looking at the vast number of Skids', Crosscuts, and Roadbusters, I decided to go for the one they had that there was only one of.

Nightbeat: I have to say, this mold does work for him. Not as well as it could, though. The fact that the only remold the figure got was a different head sculpt doesn't help. Would it have killed them to resculpt the chest plate? It's not perfect, but the vibe the original figure has is there.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 07:36 PM   #4049
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
I has got the 2004 reissue Predacons!!! (er, again, after stupidly selling them a few years ago)

weeee they are ace. Now i can do Prey in the living room! Hooray!

and maybe Grudge Match.

I have decided I very much like how big and chunky they are. And adorable, becasue all the sharp looking bits are all round so they look quite cute.

And Predaking frickin' rocks!
Yep! I was delighted with them when I got the set back on release, and still really am enamored with them. As you say, they're wonderfully chunky. And Predakng, as a whole, is remarkably articulate for a figure from 1986! Good stuff.

As for myself, Quantron showed up yesterday. Haven't had time to investigate it yet, though.

Old 2014-10-12, 12:22 PM   #4050
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Yeah, I was seriously thinking about going for the MMC Preds, but for the same price as one of those guys, I can have all five of the originals. And, tbh, I'll know I'll get more enjoyment out of these blocky old school lumps.

Still think its dumb that poor old Headstrong has a diecast back so he falls over in robot mode all the time

Old 2014-10-12, 03:51 PM   #4051
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Still think its dumb that poor old Headstrong has a diecast back so he falls over in robot mode all the time
There's a little tab that flips out between his ankles that stops that.

Old 2014-10-12, 06:55 PM   #4052
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Why, so there is! (You can tell I never bother with the instructions, can't you?)

Thank you Mr. Clay, sir!

Old 2014-10-13, 12:25 AM   #4053
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

Yep! I had mine for about a year before I figured it out. Was much more pleased with him afterwards, let me tell you...

Old 2014-10-15, 08:01 AM   #4054
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Meet the little friend I like to call More Than Meets the Eye Issue 33 Page 12:

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/...75988352843776

30 ****ing pound customs charge because the twonk I won it from (not Alex Milne I hasn't to add, I think the inker was using a third party) didn't mark it down as "Gift". Considering it took a week for it to be poster that'll be some snarky feedback.

Which is a shame as it is pweety.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 09:33 AM   #4055
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
30 ****ing pound customs charge because the twonk I won it from (not Alex Milne I hasn't to add, I think the inker was using a third party) didn't mark it down as "Gift".
Kind of illegal not to. I'd seriously not mention it in feedback.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 08:44 PM   #4056
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Got back from holiday to find a package sent kindly by Clay from over the pond, containing Generations Deluxe Kup, AoE Generations Deluxe Drift and Aoe Generations Voyager Drift. This completes my AoE collection, unless Stinger one day appears as a retool of Bumblebee.

I've played around with what Clay so aptly terms the most inefficient way of making a triple-changer - AoE Drift(s):

- AoE Deluxe Drift: I'm surprised by how much I like this guy - I did not expect that. He's well designed, doesn't use false vehicle parts in robot mode, and is a bit different. Don't know what's going on with all those ratchet joints though! Such a small guy to go clickety-clack! He also has his 'helicopter rotors' in the right place. Pretty neat, but Deluxe New Camaro Bumblebee remains my fave AoE Deluxe car.

- AoE Voyager Drift: This is a really interesting take on the helicopter Transformer, and way out there for DOTM, but the mould just doesn't work for Drift despite the excellent head sculpt and awesome swords. A bit more retooling would have made quite a difference, but at the end of the day that chest was never gonna be right, and the rotors were never gonna end up in the remotely the correct place for AoE Drift. Ironic - as almost ever other helicopter Transformer ever would have at least got the rotors in more-or-less the right place... Still, it's an awesome mould.

Just gotta open Takara AoE Voyager Slog and Deluxe Snarl and my AoE journey will be over...

I think I'll take an interlude to enjoy Generations Leader Jetfire first though...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 01:42 AM   #4057
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Wandered back into the local Wal-Mart, a man on a mission. I needed guns. Lots of guns. So I went to the toy aisle.

Skids? Not enough guns.

Crosscut? Not enough guns.

Nightbeat and Goldfire? I've already got Nightbeat, and he swiped Orion Pax's gun. And I'm not sure I can talk myself into another Bee reprint.

Anybody else? Anybody at all? Where the frack did all the.... Oh, thank Primus. There's one left, surrounded by AoE Voyager Grimlocks. And the Grimlocks look scared.

Roadbuster: Yes, my favorite Wrecker and yours, the Autobot who is the most like Rutger Hauer from Split Second, Roadbuster. A beautiful figure, made even more beautiful because I'm going for limited sticker application. My only complaint is the upper arm swivel. It's supposed to be there, but they don't move. They do pop out, so I'm thinking I should trim down the posts a little.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 08:22 AM   #4058
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Played around with Generations Deluxe Kup this morning while waiting for my computer to load up (a meeting up north which should have lasted three hours tops ran for over eight hours yesterday, so I need to catch up on work before speaking at a conference tomorrow now... so of course I am procrastinating...).

He's really neat. Nice simple, but very effective transformation which gives a cool G1 / IDW look robot mode and a nice alternate mode (as opposed to the G1 nonsense one).

Thanks Clay!

Just need to find an iGear cygar head at a reasonable price now...

My Wreckers are coming together. Six down, but I guess plenty more to go thanks to the massive roster over the years! Generations Deluxe Perceptor is probably next on the achievable list.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Old 2014-10-18, 04:09 PM   #4059
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

I think I may actually have a spare Perceptor in my piles if you're interested. I'll poke around and see.

(And your sale thread link in your sig gives me an error and sadness.)

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 04:57 PM   #4060
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
I think I may actually have a spare Perceptor in my piles if you're interested. I'll poke around and see.

(And your sale thread link in your sig gives me an error and sadness.)
Please do - I would be very interested in a Generations or RTS or whatever his was Perceptor.

I'll look at that link sometime... The thread is there in the trade place I think though. Will be putting more TFs up for sale/trade shortly too.

Also items on eBay.