• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2017-10-16, 05:18 PM   #5861
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Y'know what I'd like? For third party companies to include instructions that tell you how to transform a toy from the mode it's actually been packed in.

Anyway, giant clunky heavy not-quite-tabbing into place partsformy back-heavy Terminus Giganticus for the not-having-space-anywhere win.

Another Lost Lighter on the shelf.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 01:30 AM   #5862
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Red face

You should display him as separated and scattered parts, with Buzzsaw perched atop his head.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 08:31 AM   #5863
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

MP 37 Artfire w/ Nightstick
Of all the fancy Japanese figures, Artfire was probably the one I was least interested in. He's just one of those ' random colours' repaints (see also Buster and Hydra), which never look that nice IMO. The white, red and black doesn't sit well together - why not just make him white? Anyway, the vehicle mode is nice, but lacks the detail and level of finish some of these things have - no doubt due to matching the simplistic animation models - outside the cab and wheel hubs which makes for a n odd mix. Likewise, whilst the robot mode is good and the tampographs are a nice touch, the flat and smooth surfaces are just dull to look like, and makes Artfire look a bit...soft focus. I dunno, I just think for this price and scale, detailing should be the thing. Not trying to measure up to an animation model that deliberately smoothed out the detail to make the animators life easier. Where Artfire does impress though is in the transformation, which is very impressive. I like how the ladder tucks away and how there's some nice shifting of parts to make the robot mode very clean and tidy. Impressive stuff. Nightstick is good fun too, although I can't get Artfire to hold him very well in gun mode.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 12:16 AM   #5864
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Mech Planet Hot Soldiers Heavy Soldier Iron.... Tin? - So while perusing TF Directís website, I stumbled across this figure. Itís a take on Masterpiece Ironhide, but done at roughly current Legends/Scout class scale. And since the figure I was looking for is on pre-order, I figured Iíd give this guy a shot. The weapon load out isnít quite as impressive(no nozzles, no jet pack), but they borrowed a page from the G1 figure and integrated the weapon sled(or Laser Bird.... ah, China.), and added tank treads to make it kind of resemble the original figureís battle deck, while Ironhide himself is an excellent representation of.... well, Ironhide.

And as an odd note, I ordered him the same day I ordered Legends Targetmaster Hot Rod. A figure shipped from China got to me before a figure shipped from Wisconsin.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 11:45 PM   #5865
Heinrad
Ironmod

TF Legends #45: Targetmaster Hot Rod - So while the name isn't as long as Ironhide's(seriously, I can't call him Irontin), the Japanese version of Hot Rod is really cool. But he's not perfect. The hips are a little loose. And his vehicle mode canopy doesn't work quite as well with the redesign of Roddy's chest. It's not as flush as it could be. Other than that, he's great. I've finally got a Hot Rod in something close to his original colors. His exhausts are more of a chrome color. His Targetmaster partner is really well done. The only reason Sparks/Firebolt/Whatever his name is supposed to be isn't currently in gun mode and being held in Roddy's hands is I prefer Hot Rod with arm cannons like in the movie. I'm almost tempted to have Chromedome use the little guy......

EDIT: Giving Chromedome the Targetmaster won't work. If you've seen any of the ad shots of Hot Rod with the Targetmaster perched on his arm, the trick only works with Hot Rod. The gun barrels on the Targetmaster's back let him hook on to Hot Rod's forearm when he sits down.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Last edited by Heinrad; 2017-10-24 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Just realized something.....
Old 2017-10-30, 05:49 PM   #5866
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I found TR Seaspray and CW Chop Shop at the local comic-con this weekend. Paid a bit more than I should have, probably, but Chop Shop's wave never showed up at the tail end of Combiner Wars, and at least he was a good sight less than the going rate on eBay plus shipping.

Even though I wish that Chop Shop had a new set of mandibles, I still think he's a whole lot better looking than Shrapnel was. The colours are great, and the paint job is so much more crisp. I think he's my favourite of the recent Legends Insecticons. I just hope they tart up Kickback as Ransack and Bombshell as Barrage and Venom one day soon.

Seaspray is a bit disappointing. His torso is just one big giant cube. Overall he's just a lot more boxy and stubby than I'd expect considering how long and narrow the original was. He's pretty easy to pose because the giant feet give him great balance, and the transformation is fun. Overall I like him, but he's probably not worth the extra few bucks I paid.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 12:33 PM   #5867
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Angry

y u hate shrapnel!

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 02:27 PM   #5868
Warcry

Smile

I don't hate Shrapnel, but he's just okay and he was definitely the weakest of the recent Insecticons. His yellow paint didn't cover well, and on every example I've seen in person either the chest or the leg vents (or both) don't have even paint coverage. Also, he was a pinhead. Chop Shop's just better-executed all around.

Plus he's Chop Shop, and Chop Shop is awesome.

Old 2017-11-01, 09:08 PM   #5869
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

3P MTMTE Megs! Insane amount of accessories of which I've already managed to lose one as I'm not someone who should be allowed to have nice things.

Great fun toy, keeping up MMC's hit rate.

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/...50652918210560

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/...25342852009984

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/...51642148933632

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-03, 02:17 PM   #5870
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Got TR Highbrow from my family the other day. I've seen him in stores several times and couldn't ever pull the trigger. I'm glad I have him now, though, as he's much more fun than I anticipated. His range of motion is excellent and his feet are pretty large = good action poses. I'm surprised at his range of motion in his neck too, as he can do some neat 'looking down' poses pretty well while toting his two guns. Transformation is pretty simple, but fun.

Also picked up TR (Gen?) Cosmos. Fun little guy with a simple and easy transformation. I like him better than the Uni version (previous Legends class) that I used to have. And it's not every day that you get a TF that transforms into a UFO.

I might just have to double back and get CW Warpath and Huffer towards a 'complete' minibot set, with Beachcomber on his way at whatever point.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 02:10 PM   #5871
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

RID (2015) Grimlock - Wasn't originally going to buy this as the majority of 2015 RID doesn't interest me, but Big W has dropped the price a bit so I'll probably buy a few now.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 02:24 AM   #5872
Heinrad
Ironmod

TR Slugslinger - So in a desperate attempt to get the snow tires put on my car - Walmart overtightened the lugs in the spring, and now corporate policy wonít let them fix the problem because they might break the bolts - I found Slugslinger. I was hoping for Misfire, but I have to say Iím very impressed. Itís like Hasbro suddenly remembered how to do paint apps. He looks really good, heís got a fun transformation, and even his guns are near.

Old 2017-11-15, 01:22 PM   #5873
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

"Collector's Edition" G1 Red Alert - another one of those "reissue now older than the original when it came out" toys.

Tetsuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 09:36 PM   #5874
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Titans Return Leader Class Sixshot w/ Revolver
Bought from Tesco for a not unreasonable £37 (compared to the Leader Class movie figures, which are both going for £60). Also the only TR figure Tesco seem to being doing, and celebrates the sh*tty waves system -'Titans Return Leader Class Assortment' - not much of an assortment when there's just one figure packed per case, is it?Was going to pass on Sixy as I still like the reissue of the original I have, but seeing this in hand at TFN, I put him on my 'if I can find him for a reasonable price' list. Like all the TR figures, this just takes the original design and spruces it up with modern toy engineering and fully brings those mad late '80s designs to life. I love it. He looks really nice, feels hefty in hand and the transformation is pretty much just like the original, but with more tabs. Articulation is good, if not great and the only problem I've encountered is with Revolver - I can't get him out!!!

Old 2017-11-17, 10:27 PM   #5875
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Titans Return Misfire w/Aimless
Still not 100% on this guy...I think he's just a bit too pink and could have used another colour to break it up. He is a very nice figure though and fun to swoosh about. Aimless breaks the run of unremarkable Titan Masters by being decently painted up. Mad to think this is just a tweak of the Triggerhappy mould though, it feels different enough

Old 2017-11-18, 01:16 PM   #5876
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Tesco seem to have pulled out the remaining earlier waves stock of TR, at least around here. Also knocked five quid off which is a bit more palatable for anyone still after.

In two minds as to whether to wait for PotP stuff to make it to UK retail or get a wave of deluxes. Have ordered the Pretenders since they probably won't be carried as widely, but being wave one kind of figure the deluxes will see more circulation.

edit: Got the Grotusque exclusive a while back, and whilst overpriced (and apparently Takara will do a regular release, Andy was suggesting) it is rather swish and a more successful use of the base design than Doublecross. Planning to have them flank the MP scale 3P Repugnus.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 04:10 PM   #5877
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

RID 2015 Bludgeon.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 03:14 PM   #5878
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Went on a spree yesterday, and found Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Jazz, and Dreadwind. According to da internets, these were hitting Target stores in the US... so I used Brickseek & the DCPI to find them around me. Took a little finagling, as they had recently stocked the pegs with a bunch of TR deluxes (Quake, Krok, etc.) so the worker nicely pulled them from the back for me. Unfortunately they are ringing up at $17 USD instead of the CW/TR prices of ~$15.

I didn't get a chance to open any of them yesterday, but they all look really sharp in package with clean paint apps and tampos. Plus, I'm a sucker for cross-play functions like the CW limbs, so these were a good pick up. Honestly I was only going to get the Dinobots, but with Jazz and Dreadwind being able to be combiner limbs, I couldn't resist.

Old 2017-11-21, 05:29 PM   #5879
Warcry

I'd love to hear what you think about the Dinos when you open them! I'm hoping they make it out here before Christmas.

Old 2017-11-21, 07:57 PM   #5880
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I'd love to hear what you think about the Dinos when you open them! I'm hoping they make it out here before Christmas.
Hopefully I will get a chance to crack them open tonight for a few minutes. They look cool, but I'm hoping their multi-functionality doesn't ruin them. Combining is a cool feature, but honestly Volcanus looks a little silly. If it's poor on the whole, I'm hoping I'll be able to just pretend it doesn't exist and the individual figures still rock.

I'll definitely report back if I can mess around with them