Work-mode confusion

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Work-mode confusion

Post by RUNAMOK »

I got Cybertron Metroplex yesterday, second hand but complete and cheap(only Kr. 30, batteries not included). It is not difficult to transform him, but I have one problem, his work-mode(the short one). I have tried looking for pictures of it, but that is what led to the whole confusion in the first place. The transformers wiki has it transformed the same way as TFU.info, but the gallery at Seibertron has it transformed a second way, and the back of the box has it a third way. I did not get the instructions when I bought it, so not help there( haven't checked the net for any scans though).

Could someone help me clear up this work-mode mess?
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I'll lend you a hand! This is how the work mode is supposed to look like:

Personally, I just ignore this mode.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

OK, just like the back of the box. Thanks Detective. Anyhow, a picture from the instructions would be nice as a last confirmation.

Funny, on Seibertron they have just twisted the lower body 180 degrees, and TFU/Wiki has twisted both his lower body 180 degrees and each of his lower legs 180 degrees so the minicon posts fave inwards what keeps him from standing properly.

I'm not sure that I'll direcktly ignore this third mode though, it might be good for storage. Also his normal robot mode is rather lanky. Maybe it can be used as a nasty surprise to the decepticons, going from work to robot mode I mean.

Another little question, how is he supposed to use his axe properly? He can't really swing it that much with the Handel so close to the axehead(not that that stopped G1 Venom).
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Here's a scan of the instructions from mine.

Hopefully those are helpful. If you need higher res/larger pics, PM me and I can rescan them.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

No wonder that it's transformed in different ways in the pictures on the web, those plans surely are confusing. But I think that it is transformed just as in the picture above, the details looks like the backside of the pelvis. Thanks to both of you.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

I actually much prefer the work mode version. I've always found the full robot mode to be far too lanky. Unless it's THAT Fortress Maximus kitbash. Then it's awesome.
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Grufflock wrote:I actually much prefer the work mode version. I've always found the full robot mode to be far too lanky. Unless it's THAT Fortress Maximus kitbash. Then it's awesome.
You mean Frenzy_Rumble's Fortress Maximus kitbash? He does do awesome customs.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

yep, that's the work mode. The legs are too bulky in this mode, IMO. I love the proper robot mode.

I found Cybertron Metroplex in late 2007 at a discount, at a retail store. Mint condition, when the Movie toys craze hits.