• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2008-11-29, 03:55 AM   #1
starlord
Triple Changer

Default Singer and Maytag giving jobs in Africa

Maytag has started factories to make old fashioned tub washers with ring dryers on them while Singer has started a factory to make old times sewing machines that use only pedels and a wheel. No electricity needed with those sewing machines.

A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
starlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 04:24 AM   #2
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

I think this is a good thing if it helps build their ecomony up.

What do you think? Do you actually revisit the threads you start? I've never actually seen you post in the threads you make (aside from the initial post). Just curious is all.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 08:14 PM   #3
rattrap23
Who knows?

ont,canada

I think we should worry about our own economy before we go into another continent.

Grew up, mellowed out.
rattrap23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 08:25 PM   #4
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattrap23 View Post
I think we should worry about our own economy before we go into another continent.
They probably are - the money saved by this route will help both companies stay viable, thus meaning the people they currently employ in Canada (always thought Singer and Maytag were American, but there we go, they seem to be part of your economy...) are unlikely to be unexpectedly laid off if the companies fold.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 02:23 AM   #5
rattrap23
Who knows?

ont,canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
They probably are - the money saved by this route will help both companies stay viable, thus meaning the people they currently employ in Canada ..... are unlikely to be unexpectedly laid off if the companies fold.
Excuse me, can you explain again to me how laying off people in North America (because our economies fundamentally rely on each other) and giving the jobs to countries where they donít have to pay their workers as much is good for the economy?

Its obviously corporate greed. Companies can cleanly produce their widgets in North America pay their workers a fair wage and still make a profit, but they move the factories to countries where there arenít things like minimum wage and environmental emissions standards.

PS: Their used to be a Maytag factory in Hamilton but they closed it down.

Grew up, mellowed out.
Old 2008-11-30, 05:11 AM   #6
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
They probably are - the money saved by this route will help both companies stay viable, thus meaning the people they currently employ in Canada (always thought Singer and Maytag were American, but there we go, they seem to be part of your economy...) are unlikely to be unexpectedly laid off if the companies fold.

Old 2008-11-30, 05:33 AM   #7
rattrap23
Who knows?

ont,canada

You address my points with everything you just wrote and an emoticon. This was not enough information the first time, why would it be the second time?

I’d appreciate if you would elaborate.

Grew up, mellowed out.
Old 2008-11-30, 08:04 AM   #8
Blaster
This used to mean something.

Vancouver.

Quote:
You address my points with everything you just wrote and an emoticon. This was not enough information the first time, why would it be the second time?

Iíd appreciate if you would elaborate.
.... /facepalm

Wake up son of mine. Momma got something to tell you. Change has come; life will have its way.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 01:57 PM   #9
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:

Iíd appreciate if you would elaborate.
It's perfectly clear what he said. Try reading it. =D

Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 03:45 PM   #10
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Looks like we need a Special Version. The companies are thinking of the economy - they're thinking of saving on labour cost (that's the money spent on the people working, or as you might call it, labouring) in their factories. If they save on that, there's less chance the companies will go completely bankrupt (that's when they run out of money and stop being companies).

Quite why the companies need to penalise themselves in the current climate in order to aid the Canadian economy (there's a Honda dealership about 500 yards from my house... yet Honda are still Japanese... Sheba Syndrome?) is beyond me also.

Old 2008-11-30, 07:52 PM   #11
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Not to mention the initial post stated that they're producing oldschool equipment that is going to be sold in Africa, not shipped to North America. This isn't outsourcing.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 09:00 PM   #12
Blaster
This used to mean something.

Vancouver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Auros View Post
Not to mention the initial post stated that they're producing oldschool equipment that is going to be sold in Africa, not shipped to North America. This isn't outsourcing.
Actually Canada is so old and backwater, they are going to sell it there. That country is a hole above the good Ol' USA. If someone would just nuke Canada everyone would happier. That's something we can all agree on.

Wake up son of mine. Momma got something to tell you. Change has come; life will have its way.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote