• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-03-09, 10:18 PM   #61
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

BotCon Landshark!
http://www.botcon.com/BotCon09/figurePRE09.cfm

He's nothing even like a shark! So yeah, if there's a year you want to skip...

secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 11:01 PM   #62
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Landshark!

Mildly funny if you're old enough (or caught on CC) the old SNL skit.

Otherwise.. the crowd goes mild!

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 07:16 AM   #63
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

It's a piece of crap, imo.

It's deffo land-ish enough, what with all the green and brown stuff, but seriously, if there's one year to skip...

And i love their explanation of their mold choice. From the bio given:

Quote:
Landshark doesn't know where he got his name from and he doesn't really care. Some bots tend to confuse it with Landmine, but once Landshark pulls his fist from their abdomen they don't seem to get it wrong anymore. Always the practical jokester and seen by his peers as a wise guy, he often makes light of even the most
dramatic situations.

Yeah, great way to avoid the whole shark ordeal. Yeah.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 09:17 AM   #64
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

OMG.

These are bad...

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 01:25 PM   #65
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Who the **** wrote that bio?! He "often makes light of even the most dramatic situations.", but if you get his name wrong he'll punch you through the abdomen? Either he's schitzo or the writer is incredibly retarded . . . I mean it could be his vicious nature, he could be good at cards or he could even be the guy who loans money to the autobots, but if they don't pay him back he gives them a working-over.

Uhhh . . . yeah. We're not sure why we gave him that name. Then why not name him something else? I wasn't able to find any TF on TFU named Landshark either. At least the colors look all right on the mold. Though I didn't buy it at retail so I definitely won't fork over Botcon prices for it.

Wow. This year has been a bit off so far. The three years prior were actually pretty good (I never picked up the Beast Wars set, but it looked pretty cool). I really only want Leozak (and possibly Skyquake if they're a two-pack) out of the figures we've seen so far. Scourge's head looks more like Alpha Trion tbh. Shame they wasted the big one on a figure whose name they couldn't justify.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 11:34 PM   #66
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

Wow. I'm just completely underwhelmed by what I'm seeing. Relatively speaking, this set makes the "Shattered Glass" figures look appealing.

Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 11:24 AM   #67
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civ View Post
Wow. I'm just completely underwhelmed by what I'm seeing. Relatively speaking, this set makes the "Shattered Glass" figures look appealing.
totally agree.

WTF... are these in Generation One or Aniamted continuity? because 'Elite Guard' and all...

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 01:04 PM   #68
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
totally agree.

WTF... are these in Generation One or Aniamted continuity? because 'Elite Guard' and all...
Apparently, millions of years ago in the 'Classics' timeline, where Cyclonus and Scourge had travelled back in time to serve under Scorponok. Granted, there are more than one set of problems with this explanation as well...

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 05:35 PM   #69
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Default "The Desert Heat" Comic Strip

A touch late here.....

Transformers Collectors Club has posted a two-page comic strip (the third obviously being an ad) featuring the also upcoming Heatwave club exclusive figure.

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 11:47 PM   #70
Civ

Pennsylvania

wtf...Why is a TF beating on a gopher?

They made Soundwave sound like a California surfer stereotype while giving him what looks like Universe Ratchet/Ironhide's mold. Neat mold, bad...um...would that be characterization?

What is Heatwave's connection with the other four TFs mentioned? I love it when ads treat us like we're mentally deficient...oh, wait a sec...

I don't know what Hasbro's on when making decisions about these exclusive figures but I want to know who their dealer is and if (s)he delivers.

Old 2009-03-12, 11:58 PM   #71
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

Sometimes I wonder if they don't pull stuff like this to deliberately encourage the "@$$blo" idiots, in order to have an excuse to not listen to adult fans too much the rest of the time*. It really isn't like this with Lego, you know...

(*Or you could say they feed us any old thing to shut us up, same difference, really)

borg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 12:15 AM   #72
Civ

Pennsylvania

Something just occurred to me -- I wonder if these pages are joke pages like last year's "Shattered Glass", G2-art styled, "WOT!" abusing panels.

Old 2009-03-13, 12:40 AM   #73
RID Scourge
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civ View Post
I don't know what Hasbro's on when making decisions about these exclusive figures but I want to know who their dealer is and if (s)he delivers.
Hasbro doesn't make any decisions aside from "Yes, you may use this mold/No, we are currently using that one so it's not available."

Master Collector calls the shots on what they want to offer, and then ask Hasbro for the molds.

Old 2009-03-13, 01:07 AM   #74
Civ

Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by RID Scourge View Post
Hasbro doesn't make any decisions aside from "Yes, you may use this mold/No, we are currently using that one so it's not available."

Master Collector calls the shots on what they want to offer, and then ask Hasbro for the molds.
That makes me feel better...sorta...well, not really. Hasbro doesn't even look over what Master Collector comes up with and give it a "yay or nay"? Not make the decisions but give the approval.

Old 2009-03-13, 02:31 AM   #75
RID Scourge
Lurking

As long as MC pays them what they owe they're allowed to do whatever they want within reason.

Old 2009-03-13, 02:38 AM   #76
Civ

Pennsylvania

Quote:
As long as MC pays them what they owe they're allowed to do whatever they want within reason.
Well since that's the case, somebody really needs to redefine the bounds of reason.

Old 2009-03-13, 02:49 AM   #77
RID Scourge
Lurking

Nah. It's not like they're doing anything to hurt the brand. Yeah some people may not like the figures, but they're not doing anything offensive, and it's not like retail sales are suffering because of it.

Old 2009-03-13, 03:17 AM   #78
Civ

Pennsylvania

True. They aren't doing something along the lines of Kiss Players but I'm curious why they're taking this approach with a storyline. The past two years that I've seen Botcon comics, they seemed to be a bit better in terms of story. Not masterpieces or even that good by any stretch but better than to resort to cheap stereotypes. Not important since they're non-canonical but usually enough effort to make them seem semi-serious. This, unless it's a joke, doesn't seem like the they give much of a hoot unless the rest of the comic is mind-blowingly brilliant. It's sorta surprising if this turns out to be the official convention comic.

As far as the figures go, there've been loads of crappy exclusives in the past. They don't bother me so much except I find them unappealling, but then again, I find a bunch of figures at retail unappealling like just about any other TF fan.

Old 2009-03-13, 11:22 AM   #79
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Quote:
Who the **** wrote that bio?! He "often makes light of even the most dramatic situations.", but if you get his name wrong he'll punch you through the abdomen?
Quote:
Landshark doesn't know where he got his name fromand he doesn't really care. Some bots tend to confuse it with Landmine, but once Landshark pulls his fist from their abdomen they don't seem to get it wrong anymore. Always the practical jokester and seen by his peers as a wise guy, he often makes light of even the most dramatic situations.
If he doesn't care about his name, then why does he punch you in the abdomen if you get it wrong? Yeah, i second the "Who the **** wrote that bio?!" notion.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 03:04 AM   #80
Civ

Pennsylvania

Flak's being shown now.

http://www.botcon.com/BotCon09/figurePRE09.cfm

I have to admit, he looks pretty good but not enough for me to want him since the mold is available in Cybertron/Galaxy Force, Universe 2.0, and I think the Movie line as well. He's definitely getting my vote for the best of the bunch so far.

Last edited by Civ; 2009-03-21 at 03:06 AM.