• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-03-24, 07:30 PM   #101
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Whahaha... LOL

Sorry. Just a bit of chuckling(and some amazing thoughts about American parents and their kids.) over here because If you're such a great parent that you'll make an account esspeccially for your child, you deserve a prize in my opinion. Too bad only that I can't help you Optimom because I am not going to Botcon because Holland is so far from it... Anyway's, I am glad to welcome you to the boards...

PS: Yay, I've got post number 100!

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 08:03 PM   #102
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadshot A1 View Post
I agree with Vanguard. A fulls set of Turbomaster, and maybe Preadators as souvenir sets/Attendee exclusives would have been better than this set.

Main set: Boss, Flash, Scorch, Hurricane, Thunderclash
Attendee exclusive: Rotorstorm (there was a sixth T.Master, not sure of name).
Hyperdrive, who was never released, but does appear in artwork in a few places. Basically, he looks an awful lot like God Gin Rai if he was a Euroforce Turbomaster, really.

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 08:13 PM   #103
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimom View Post
Hi,

My son is 9 and nearly obsessed with TF. Is BotCon open to the public on the 28th? If not, what do I need to join/sign up for to go on that day. Is it worth only going on Thursday? We have a conflict with the other days. Thanks.
http://www.botcon.com/BotCon09/faq09.cfm
"Question: If I purchase a Primus package, will my wife and kids be able to enter on Thursday and Friday along with me? Will they buy their tickets at the door, or is their entry included in this package?
Answer: No. To enter on Friday, they need a registered package like a Primus, Mini-Con or Protoform. They can come in on Saturday and Sunday via General Admission tickets $15 & $8 each day."

My guess is probably not -- the events/dealers will most likely be focused on the weekend. Transformers do seem to tend to get some representation at general comics/anime conventions these days, though, so it might be worth a Google for anything similar as a family day out alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap's tail View Post
PS: Yay, I've got post number 100!
Oh good. Can we please not turn into Slashdot/wherever with the whole "first/whatever post" malarkey?

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 10:08 PM   #104
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
No idea, but that's the last I heard (and, yes, that's a definate 'he told me' there). Could be an issue with design rights, royalties, or something, I suppose, since the designs aren't internal to Hasbro. But, really, I'm just guessing.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 11:07 PM   #105
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
No idea, but that's the last I heard (and, yes, that's a definate 'he told me' there). Could be an issue with design rights, royalties, or something, I suppose, since the designs aren't internal to Hasbro. But, really, I'm just guessing.
Not quite true. The only reason Animated toys are off limits for now is because the line is still in progress. Same with Universe. Movie is off-limits for obvious reasons.

secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 08:01 PM   #106
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
http://www.botcon.com/BotCon09/faq09.cfm
"Question: If I purchase a Primus package, will my wife and kids be able to enter on Thursday and Friday along with me? Will they buy their tickets at the door, or is their entry included in this package?
Answer: No. To enter on Friday, they need a registered package like a Primus, Mini-Con or Protoform. They can come in on Saturday and Sunday via General Admission tickets $15 & $8 each day."

My guess is probably not -- the events/dealers will most likely be focused on the weekend. Transformers do seem to tend to get some representation at general comics/anime conventions these days, though, so it might be worth a Google for anything similar as a family day out alternative.

Oh good. Can we please not turn into Slashdot/wherever with the whole "first/whatever post" malarkey?
Njah. You're right. It was a bit silly from me, And you won't see me doing it again.

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:55 AM   #107
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

http://www.botcon.com/BotCon09/figurePRE09.cfm

BotCon Thunderclash revealed! I would be able to see it, but I think my eyes just go blind when I look at the horrid deco.

Old 2009-03-31, 01:11 AM   #108
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

Holy shit, that's ****ing horrid looking. This whole set has just been one massive disappointment for me. I'm having trouble thinking of another Botcon set that just so completely underwhelmed me. There've certainly been one's that I didn't find impressive but this set takes the cake for me.

Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 01:20 AM   #109
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Hell, next year's can be all Robot Heroes, and it'd be 3x better.

Actually, that's a great idea... You could probably get 12 or so RHs in that set... Maybe the price would be halved.

Old 2009-03-31, 01:33 AM   #110
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

Yeah the Turbomasters SUCK.

And Thunderclash sucks the worst.

This is reaching for straws at this point.

Start releasing interesting repaints... suckers...

Hasblow...

pthhhh...

another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 01:39 AM   #111
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Well the colors look like him, and the mold matches, but that doesn't make it a desirable figure.

It's disappointing because I liked the Beast Wars set (didn't pick it up, but I admired it), Games of Deception and Shattered Glass.

Last edited by RID Scourge; 2009-03-31 at 01:44 AM.
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 03:18 AM   #112
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by another tf fan View Post
Yeah the Turbomasters SUCK.

And Thunderclash sucks the worst.
Well, this manages to be ugly without actually pulling off being Thunderclash. It fails on two levels. (Honestly, what would have been wrong with just cleaning up Thunderclash's color scheme for this set, really?)

Quote:
Start releasing interesting repaints... suckers...
Or at least a set that makes some sense. This is insanely random, with characters from all over, and versions which.. arghle. If you WANTED to do a Turbomasters "Elite Guard" set, why not go all the way? And why not make them look better... this is just... ick.

Meanwhile, watch GI Joe get a kick-ass Tiger Force set or something...

Quote:
Hasblow...
... had nothing to do with this set other than providing the toys. This is all FP, baby.

Old 2009-03-31, 03:46 AM   #113
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Not true, as they have final say on whether they can use molds or characters.

Old 2009-03-31, 01:19 PM   #114
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Yeah, but Hasbro's not going to say no unless they're currently using the mold or they feel the set will hurt the brand image (ie if they decided to reveal that the transformers were deviants who got off on torturing kids or something twisted like that).

As long as they get their money Hasbro doesn't care if the set isn't that great. All in all only a handful of the sets are made, and only collectors give that much of a hoot about con exclusives. From a business standpoint it's not worth their time unless it would turn parents off to the brand.

Quote:
Meanwhile, watch GI Joe get a kick-ass Tiger Force set or something...
A couple of years ago they did a Dreadnok set that included Tiger Force versions of Beachhead, Mutt and Hardtop. There's a rumor that this set might have to do with the Red Shadows.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 01:47 PM   #115
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Just quick thought on what COULD have been...

Thundercrash - Energon Rodimus. (Mold choice is actually okay, but clean up the color scheme, and have the pink light piping! New head, definitely)
Rotorstorm - Energon Bulkhead. (Mold choice is spot on. Blue and teal)
Boss - Cybertron Override. (Sky blue.)
Flash - Energon Downshift. (New head, red with blue.)
Scorch - Cybertron Dirt Boss. (Yellow with blue)
Hurricane - Classics Rodimus. (White with blue)

Then you would have had a whole team that dedicated fans would want, a very quirky G1 'Euro' nod, etc. Yes, some of the mods were used before, but I wish FP would recognize that the fandom is a lot MORE about the character choice than the mold choice.

Old 2009-03-31, 05:52 PM   #116
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Default Uh... huh...

Offical BotCon 2009 Promo vid.

----

http://www.botcon.com/BotCon09/images09/KUPcard09.jpg
Tech Spec update #1- Kup!

Last edited by secretcode; 2009-03-31 at 07:43 PM.
Old 2009-03-31, 11:34 PM   #117
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Quote:
Thundercrash - Energon Rodimus. (Mold choice is actually okay, but clean up the color scheme, and have the pink light piping! New head, definitely)
Rotorstorm - Energon Bulkhead. (Mold choice is spot on. Blue and teal)
Boss - Cybertron Override. (Sky blue.)
Flash - Energon Downshift. (New head, red with blue.)
Scorch - Cybertron Dirt Boss. (Yellow with blue)
Hurricane - Classics Rodimus. (White with blue)
Boss as Override? Flash as Downshift? I say Boss should be Downshift, it fits the original better in my opinion. Flash can be Override.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 09:41 PM   #118
poyguimogul
Life is.. So unpredictable..

The mini-apple.

When I first heard Thunderclash was going to be a botcon / energon repaint, the only mold that I could see actually working out, and looking good was ENERGON Optimus Prime... While I congratulate them on working in this Winged chest Logo, the toy is quite Gaudy and doesn't really capture the feel of the original. Colors are all over the place on this botcon butchery.

random note born from previous posts:
Boss = Cybertron Crosswise/smokescreen/ (keeps the launcher look in car mode) seems more g1ish to me

Last edited by poyguimogul; 2009-04-01 at 09:43 PM.
poyguimogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 10:29 PM   #119
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyguimogul View Post
the toy is quite Gaudy and doesn't really capture the feel of the original.
Gaudy doesn't capture the feel of Thunderclash? What the hell?

Old 2009-04-03, 07:40 AM   #120
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Guys, to be perfectly fair, I think that paint application does Thunderclash perfect justice. It's actually a great repaint to represent that character.

Shame he was ugly as hell back then, and still is now.

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote