• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2008-12-29, 02:28 AM   #1
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Default Samurai Sentai Shikenger- 33rd Sentai Series (Yes, Toy Related)

Hell yes. Coming Feb 2009- Samurai Sentai Shikenger

Not much is known about it at this time, except for the toys being available on Preorder already, as well as the estimated prices. I've been hoping since Gingaman for a Samurai-based Sentai series (Shurikengar from Hurricanger doesn't count) and it's finally happened.

The best part? The main mecha is comprised of friggin' SHOGI pieces.

The Rangerboard thread, including pictures of the ShodouPhone (A Phone/Paintbrush changer) and Rekkadaitou (Big-ass sword that turns into a big-ass cannon): http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=123131

Thoughts? Mockery? Bring 'em in!

Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 11:27 AM   #2
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

No, just no.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 12:13 PM   #3
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Get alive man. Come on??? The Power Rangers???? Operation Overthingie is now on Jetix the evolved form of Foxkids just before Transformers Animated. That and all of the other shows are lame and should be forbidden if you tell me. To be short: It's just plain crap.

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 02:28 PM   #4
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Talking

It's like he's ****ing five! They're long lost brothers or something, who in a heart-warming concidence may soon be reunited through posting at a board with names based on the same Transformer and the combined intellect of a used match.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 03:53 AM   #5
Ackula
Charnel House

CA
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap's tail View Post
Get alive man. Come on??? The Power Rangers???? Operation Overthingie is now on Jetix the evolved form of Foxkids just before Transformers Animated. That and all of the other shows are lame and should be forbidden if you tell me. To be short: It's just plain crap.
Wait..are you calling TFA crap as well? I can't comment on the quality of any of the Sentai shows in honesty, as I've only seen their American counterparts. My earlier post was simply a drunken answer of "no" in regards to whether I liked the designs or not. Its not really my thing, but I didn't act like an ass to him did I?

I would like to stress the importance of being constructive if you are going to criticize someone or something here. Simply saying "its crap" or "it sucks" only shows your own lack of constructive thinking. In short it makes you look like an ass at best, and an idiot at worst, and can eventually earn you a short to moderate vacation from these boards.

I bet the Sentai shows are somewhat different than their American counterparts anyway, and unless you have watched them I don't think you can make an assumption that they are crap based on another countries interpretation.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 03:55 AM   #6
Gareth Infinity
Ashamed

Northeast Ohio

These are looking pretty cool. I don't watch the shows but some of the Super Sentai mech designs really interest me.

I only own the 9-Zord set and the six Micro sets from Jungle Fury, nothing actually original from Japan. But I'm looking to change that pretty soon I think. EVA_Unit_4A, resident Sentai nut from CollectionDX, is slowly working towards getting me involved...

Vatterott forbid I learn a thing.

Last edited by Gareth Infinity; 2009-01-03 at 04:00 AM.
Gareth Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 04:16 AM   #7
Sunstreaker2
It's a Gundam!

Trumbauersville, PA

I have the RPM High Octane Zord, but the only Zord I truly covet has to be Grand Liner/Super Train. A massive Zord, the Fortress Maximus of Power Rangers. Not quite as tall at 18 inches, but still AMAZING. And did I mention that he's made of trains? I just love train based combiners. LOVE them.

/fanboy gush

No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Sunstreaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 01:14 PM   #8
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

No. Just no. That is just not for me. Sorry. Though the green guy looks ok...barely.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 01:57 PM   #9
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstreaker2 View Post
I have the RPM High Octane Zord, but the only Zord I truly covet has to be Grand Liner/Super Train. A massive Zord, the Fortress Maximus of Power Rangers. Not quite as tall at 18 inches, but still AMAZING. And did I mention that he's made of trains? I just love train based combiners. LOVE them.

/fanboy gush
Grand Liner is awesome, I must admit. I need to find him, as well as more Sentai Mecha. I'm sick of just seeing Transformers (and Retrofire) on my shelves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackula View Post
I bet the Sentai shows are somewhat different than their American counterparts anyway, and unless you have watched them I don't think you can make an assumption that they are crap based on another countries interpretation.
Yeah. I wouldn't say that the USA intepretation is butchering it, persay, but it's pretty ****ing close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
It's like he's ****ing five! They're long lost brothers or something, who in a heart-warming concidence may soon be reunited through posting at a board with names based on the same Transformer and the combined intellect of a used match.
Am I missing something here?

Last edited by secretcode; 2009-01-03 at 02:00 PM.
Old 2009-01-03, 05:25 PM   #10
electro girl
Tall child, holding a beer.

Robot Republic of Yorkshire.

I was a big Power Rangers fan as a kid but this Megazord looks aweful, tell me does every episode still go like this.

1. Everything is just fine and we're all just hangin out at the juice bar.

2. The main villain hatches a plan to ''DESTROY THE POWER RANGERS ONCE AND FOR ALL HA HA HA HA''

3. In a similar fashion to the last episode, a monster starts terrorising civilians by setting off some pyrotechnics that have been carelessly strewn around the city.

4. The Rangers hangin out is interupted so they confront the villain but they can only talk to it whilst flailing thier limbs.

5. After fighting the Rangers the villainous monster increases in size so the Rangers call upon their Zords and combine them.

6. The fight between the newly gigantified monster and the Megazord/man dressed in boxes gets a bit drawn out so the Rangers decide to end it by summoning their super powered weapon, which could've just as easily been done when the fight started.

7. The main villain curses the Power Rangers who continue to hang out.

-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
electro girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 05:31 PM   #11
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

More or less, yeah. At least in Sentai, people are actually killed...

Old 2009-01-04, 05:52 AM   #12
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

When Power Rangers first came out I liked the first Zord they had and absolutly hated the acting and characters... even when i was 9 they just looked rediculous to me. Their uniforms even now scream: SOMEBODY SHOOT THEM BEFORE THEY MULTIPLY!!!

Oh to late...

All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Catalyst Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 01:24 AM   #13
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackula View Post
Wait..are you calling TFA crap as well? I can't comment on the quality of any of the Sentai shows in honesty, as I've only seen their American counterparts. My earlier post was simply a drunken answer of "no" in regards to whether I liked the designs or not. Its not really my thing, but I didn't act like an ass to him did I?

I would like to stress the importance of being constructive if you are going to criticize someone or something here. Simply saying "its crap" or "it sucks" only shows your own lack of constructive thinking. In short it makes you look like an ass at best, and an idiot at worst, and can eventually earn you a short to moderate vacation from these boards.

Eehh you're right but there is just one misunderstanding because I still Learn English. I didn't mean to say that TFA was crap, its the only thing that I am liking about the whole of TFA. And that interpretation by the way isn't really such crap from me because the only thing they do in Holland is Translating the stuff and in earlier days they didn't even bother to and just used subtitles and no spoken translated lines. In fact they did the same with Hannah Montana and Zack and Cody's the hotelliving drugsdealers or something. Also: when I was 5 I was able to watch different series of PR and later knew about it when their was a new season. When that happened I always tented to watch one episode and came always to the same conclusion: It was a crappy remake of the previous season. I also did this with the latest series and there's no way that this stuff isn't just like the new one Japanese.

Old 2009-01-05, 09:03 PM   #14
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap's tail View Post
Eehh you're right but there is just one misunderstanding because I still Learn English.
Which does not give you carte blanche to rant formlessly. Half the board is American and thus speaks a different language, we don't cut them much slack. All you seem to do is spew uninformed bile peppered with random insults about whatever subject other people are discussing. Don't like Power Rangers or Sentai? Dynamite, aside from a few of the 1980s robot designs (Dynaman, er, no, that's about it...) neither do I. But if other people want to talk about it and you don't have anything to add beyond "It's just plain crap", kindly piss off (you seem to have little problem with English language swearwords, after all) and do something more constructive.

Last edited by Cliffjumper; 2009-01-06 at 05:33 AM.
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 02:17 AM   #15
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Actually, now that i look at it again, the mecha (combine robot, dunno what that's called) actually looks half decent. However, the waist concerns me. It looks like it supporting a lot of weight. Like the loose waist on my camaro 08 bumblebee.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 01:22 PM   #16
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Which does not give you carte blanche to rant formlessly. Half the board is American and thus speaks a different language, we don't cut them much slack. All you seem to do is spew uninformed bile peppered with random insults about whatever subject other people are discussing. Don't like Power Rangers or Sentai? Dynamite, aside from a few of the 1980s robot designs (Dynaman, er, no, that's about it...) neither do I. But if other people want to talk about it and you don't have anything to add beyond "It's just plain crap", kindly piss off (you seem to have little problem with English language swearwords, after all) and do something more constructive.
D'accord mate.

Old 2009-01-06, 02:24 PM   #17
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadshot A1 View Post
Actually, now that i look at it again, the mecha (combine robot, dunno what that's called) actually looks half decent. However, the waist concerns me. It looks like it supporting a lot of weight. Like the loose waist on my camaro 08 bumblebee.
The CGI version of it looks much better. (Rumor is they are no longer using suit actors for the mecha, which odds are isn't true and it's probably just for footage that is impossible with the suits.)

Old 2009-01-07, 07:07 PM   #18
poyguimogul
Life is.. So unpredictable..

The mini-apple.
Wink Maximum Ownage

He He He!!! I Pwnz Joo!!!!

Part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdSFHCwlDRw

Part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1cPakKLcGQ

poyguimogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 11:22 PM   #19
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Sad thing is I remember that....

Old 2009-01-22, 10:48 PM   #20
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

i lost track of Power Rangers after they went into space. I always loved the Shogun Zord though with the limbs and torso all becoming robots. Oh how I'd love to kitbash it and give it joints now! I think that is when Power Rangers were at their height of awesomeness was the ninja zords, then shogun zord, then the random Ninja mech who turned into a giant Ninja Mech. Good times, good times indeed. And villian wise, Zed will always be one of the best done villians in a costume to me!

"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote