• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-01-06, 02:09 AM   #61
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Talking

I get a good laugh out of you guys, sometimes. (not anyone in particular)
Such simple comment, simple explanation/justification, and everyone thinks i'm angry or something. I laughed so much last night i nearly spilled stuff over my keyboard and mouse when i read windell's reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
You guys really amaze me.

And not in a good way.
I didn't actually plan for this to happen. Originally it was just 'justify, and get over it'. Didn't plan for the support. Thanks, anyways, rattrap's tail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg72 View Post
Really? i love it when they get really wound up.
This basically proves the point in bold above.

@ secretcode: Yeah, it's funny for a while, from both points of view as far as i'm concerned, but then it does get a bit predictable.

On topic: I support the idea of packaging in bot mode. I've always found that the details of a bot aren't expressed well enough in the pics on the back, so i would'nt mind if they kept packing them in bot mode. I can live with the car mode pics, in my experience.

Last edited by Treadshot A1; 2009-01-06 at 02:11 AM.
Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 07:03 AM   #62
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

Just a general warning, not to any one person in particular, don't cock up this news thread with petty bantering and arguments like the last ROTF thread. I shouldn't have to name names for you to know if I am talking about you or not. Consider this the only warning, we don't want these movie news threads getting hijacked by childish banter or childish posters.

Getting right back on topic, I'm not finding myself particularly fond of any of these toys so far. The Prime looks great, I'm just not into the movie designs very much anymore, I've sold off almost all my movie figures. At least they are doing some wonderful looking stuff with that mold. The others look predictable so far. I'm thinking the larger sized figures (voyager/leader) may appeal more to me when I get a chance at seeing them.

Anyone know if Starscream is going to be a Voyager class again or Leader? I haven't been exactly keeping up with this stuff as I try to avoid movie spoilers at all costs.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 12:24 PM   #63
S_Windell
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadshot A1 View Post
Such simple comment, simple explanation/justification, and everyone thinks i'm angry or something. I laughed so much last night i nearly spilled stuff over my keyboard and mouse when i read windell's reply.
The thing is, I was sure you weren't angry, I just thought the idea of not liking a toy based ONLY on its name is a bit weird. I was hoping for some clarification(please notice I started my little 'rant' with "Just curious...") and now I have it.

Everyone else: I wasn't expecting this to get blown out of proportion either. It was a misunderstanding, surely nothing personal on my part though I do apologize for my part in it.

SPOILER! (select to read)
So far I'm liking Sideswipe. The car is definitely sweet. And what little's been seen of the robot mode is nice too. I was hoping to wait until I actually see the movie to buy toys on this one. That already looks hard to stick to...

S_Windell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 01:20 PM   #64
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Quote:

I didn't actually plan for this to happen. Originally it was just 'justify, and get over it'. Didn't plan for the support. Thanks, anyways, rattrap's tail.

This basically proves the point in bold above.

@ secretcode: Yeah, it's funny for a while, from both points of view as far as i'm concerned, but then it does get a bit predictable.

On topic: I support the idea of packaging in bot mode. I've always found that the details of a bot aren't expressed well enough in the pics on the back, so i would'nt mind if they kept packing them in bot mode. I can live with the car mode pics, in my experience.
Ok then. I took it a bit to serious. Sometimes is speeking mucho better then just reading the words and thougts of others. Oh yes by the way, Acks I know that I should try to prevent myself from cocking up everything but eeh, according to the laws am I Still a child.

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 01:34 PM   #65
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Windell View Post
The thing is, I was sure you weren't angry, I just thought the idea of not liking a toy based ONLY on its name is a bit weird
Oh, right. Sorry, mate.

On topic, is it just me, or do theese scouts have lots of kibble? And not aesthetically pleasing kibble either.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 01:50 PM   #66
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

Quote:
Oh, right. Sorry, mate.

On topic, is it just me, or do theese scouts have lots of kibble? And not aesthetically pleasing kibble either.
Well... yeah. You're quite right. I believe that Rollbar is a shellformer, Knock Out has two halves of the front of a motorcyce as a backpack. And Dead End isn't filled with too much kibble. The boat was mistransformerd. and Scrapper(yes I call him like that since I already have a Dirt Boss) his arms are kibblish. So in common you're right.

EDIT: swipe's head reminds me oddly enough of Jazz.

Old 2009-01-06, 02:30 PM   #67
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackula View Post
Anyone know if Starscream is going to be a Voyager class again or Leader? I haven't been exactly keeping up with this stuff as I try to avoid movie spoilers at all costs.
Nothing has been announced quite yet. I'll PM or IM you if there's anything though.

secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 02:51 PM   #68
Springer145
You knew what this was...

TN

Secret Code's list reminded me of something...

Has anyone found anything else out about "Wheels?" I remember the little doohickey being relatively big news around the same time that the SR-71 was revealed as Jetfire, but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Springer145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 02:54 PM   #69
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer145 View Post

Has anyone found anything else out about "Wheels?" I remember the little doohickey being relatively big news around the same time that the SR-71 was revealed as Jetfire, but I haven't heard anything about it since.
Eeh no. I can't remember this. I haven't acctually seen it in the list but it is true. He's there but there is no news about him. Creepy...

Old 2009-01-06, 03:07 PM   #70
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer145 View Post

He's allegedly like Roller. It was seen being rolled around during the filming by one of the main characters. It's on the list right after Jetfire.

I plan updating the list with URLs of the individual news posts eventually.

Last edited by secretcode; 2009-01-06 at 03:10 PM.
Old 2009-01-06, 03:22 PM   #71
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap's tail View Post
Oh yes by the way, Acks I know that I should try to prevent myself from cocking up everything but eeh, according to the laws am I Still a child.
there are people here who are 15 years old and possibly younger, who do not act like total gits. Consider this your last warning, if you act like a child you'll be treated like one. I don't want anyone else saying another word about it here. Keep on topic.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 04:37 PM   #72
Detective Barricade
"To Punish and Enslave..."

Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackula View Post
If the pretty much confirmed Skywarp and Ramjet are anything to go by, I think Starscream will probably be a redeco of the first movie's version. (if ever so slightly from the Target exclusive version) But there hasn't been anything official yet...

Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 04:49 PM   #73
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Barricade View Post
If the pretty much confirmed Skywarp and Ramjet are anything to go by, I think Starscream will probably be a redeco of the first movie's version. (if ever so slightly from the Target exclusive version) But there hasn't been anything official yet...
I sincerely hope not. I hate that mold (fine robot mode...horrible horrible jet mode). Starscreams deserves better.

Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 05:17 PM   #74
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
I sincerely hope not. I hate that mold (fine robot mode...horrible horrible jet mode). Starscreams deserves better.
Heh. I was the other way around on that toy. I loved the jet mode despite it's obese take on it, but the robot mode seemed ironically too thin.

Old 2009-01-06, 05:29 PM   #75
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Concept art for
Sideswipe
can be found here.

Stolen from this thread.

I don't think I can describe how much I'm loving that look. I hope the final production looks like that.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 06:09 PM   #76
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

That's the old concept art that was purged from TFW upon request. I see no reason to take it down here unless the powers-that-be (Hasbro) request it.

Old 2009-01-06, 07:27 PM   #77
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Street date for the ROTF line is May 29.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.t...2f76d69?hl=en#

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 08:56 PM   #78
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Well I guess I know how long it'll be until I start buying toys at full force again.

Old 2009-01-07, 03:00 AM   #79
Detective Barricade
"To Punish and Enslave..."

Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Street date for the ROTF line is May 29.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.t...2f76d69?hl=en#
So, about four months from now. Hopefully, they won't outstay their welcome this time.

Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 04:34 PM   #80
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Another Toy-Only scout, a Bi-Plane.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...89/biplane.jpg

And Packaging of the Boat
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...e5789/ship.jpg

Names allegedly Ransack and Depth Charge.

Last edited by secretcode; 2009-01-07 at 04:44 PM.