• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-02, 07:23 PM   #221
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Yeah. That's certainly not a complete list, just a sampling of characters.

Old 2009-04-02, 10:27 PM   #222
Firebird
Diehard Decepticon

Decepticon base

I am very happy...
SPOILER! (select to read)
that Megatron is coming back!

Old 2009-04-03, 01:18 AM   #223
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Band members of metal band Mastodon are reportedly voicing some bots in ROTF, vid is actually quite old... Some parts can be considered NSFW I guess.

"It's not really (exciting) we just gotta do what we can to survive."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RncHa8VBKZ4

Old 2009-04-03, 05:47 PM   #224
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

http://www.empireonline.com/features...-2/default.asp

Galleries of the ROTF bots- MASSIVE Spoilers on some of the bios if they are true. Misinformation ahoy.

Last edited by secretcode; 2009-04-03 at 05:51 PM.
Old 2009-04-03, 07:02 PM   #225
TURBO CHARGER
DAMN I'M GOOD!

Aurora, Colorado

Anyone dissapointed about a Jetfire who walks with a cane? That seems pretty dumb to me. Also it seems like Arcee is a waste too. The Autobots don't need a tiny Autobot, they need some more bulk and fighting strength. Leave the speed and agility to Sideswipe and Bumblebee.

Old 2009-04-03, 08:21 PM   #226
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...08/story.jhtml
MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER (If true)

According to Bay (Well, that sorta files this under misinformation I hope) Arcee will in fact die.

Old 2009-04-03, 09:07 PM   #227
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

I am Suspicious from nature (sometimes quite a bit) and from the look of Bay's face I say that he's a big liar...

Old 2009-04-03, 10:39 PM   #228
praetorian
Powermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
I hope whoever wrote this article was being sarcastic when they wrote that Jazz's death "became one of the film's most touching moments." Please.

As for the other thing, I don't believe it.

Old 2009-04-04, 01:18 AM   #229
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

It better not be true. Otherwise, well...that just means more flaming...

Old 2009-04-08, 08:49 PM   #230
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Spoilers from the prequel comic:

Quote:
- The AllSpark still has unknown origins, but its power created The Fallen's race. That race was born on what appears to be a terrestrial planet. They become interplantary travelers, courtesy of The AllSpark.
- The Fallen's race determined that the AllSpark's power in not unlimited and must be replenished.
- They discovered that energy from a sun can be harvested to replenish the AllSpark. While the AllSpark's power is replenished, the sun dies.
- The AllSpark begins to change the race's terrestrial planet into a metallic planet.
- The Allspark provides the first Transformers to the race, to act as their workers who will locate suns and build the needed sun harvesters.
- The Fallen gets greedy and wants the power of the AllSpark for himself. He attempts to betray all of his "brothers" while another sun harvester is being built on another terrestrial planet.
- The Fallen's brothers apparently are onto his plan. They have trapped themselves in sarcophagus and do the same with The Fallen.
- Following the trap, a pyramid is being built around the sun harvester to hide it.
- As seen with the previous movie-universe comics, Optimus Prime sent the AllSpark into space to avoid it falling into Megatron's hands.
- The reason the AllSpark landed on Earth is because the AllSpark will detect and head towards sun harvesters.
- In Defiance, Megatron is turned evil and forms the Decepticons by the influence of The Fallen (who is trapped in the recovered sarcophagus). Towards the end, The Fallen continues to push Megatron to locate the AllSpark which in turn would help him to locate the harvester. Repowering the AllSpark will free The Fallen from his sarcophagus.
So apparently the movie's plot is going to be a cross between Stargate and The Mummy. Nothing original, but then the content of the plot is almost secondary to how it's told for this kind of flick, yeah?

I predict much whining to come.

Old 2009-04-09, 09:14 AM   #231
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Sounds fine to me. An interesting plot for a TF flick, if unoriginal. The idea of sun harvesters is pretty cool, as is the introduction of the Fallen as belonging to a particular race. Perhaps either could open the possibility of something so massive and destructive on a planetary scale as, say, Unicron... But, I still stick by my concerns something as massive as that would not work in live action film. (I hope to be proven wrong at some point - I have concerns Devastator is too big anyway!)

At the end of the day, I'll be satisfied with construction vehicles turning in to robots. The plot doesn't matter (and is unlikely to really make sense, when you stop to think a moment...)

Old 2009-04-09, 10:56 AM   #232
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

OK, i got two problems with that plot.

1: It doesn't seem like the fallen will get too much action till the end, if at all.

2: That much detail? The plot was simple in the first movie, and i still didn't get it till i watched it a second time. To date, it's the ONLY movie i've ever watched more than once.

Old 2009-04-09, 02:29 PM   #233
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...images-167276/

A ton of CGI Images of
Prime, Ratchet, Ironhide, Starscream...
Megatron, The Twins, Devastator, The Fallen, Ravage, and a quite impressive Sideswipe.

Last edited by secretcode; 2009-04-09 at 02:32 PM.
Old 2009-04-09, 02:35 PM   #234
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Red face

Quote:
The Fallen's brothers apparently are onto his plan. They have trapped themselves in sarcophagus
Er... why?

Old 2009-04-09, 03:13 PM   #235
praetorian
Powermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
With all that Megatron tank mess, they still can't find a better spot for his head than right up front, obvious, in the open. At least his jet mode from the first movie had that piece of plastic to cover his nose.

I guess it'll help him to see when he's driving.

Old 2009-04-09, 03:14 PM   #236
praetorian
Powermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
Er... why?
I was wondering the same thing.

Old 2009-04-09, 05:44 PM   #237
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

The new film's designs are all looking awesome. I love how Bay has gone further down the design route he touched upon in the first (although I'd guess, from all the arguing first time round, there must be many folks very annoyed by the even less traditional designs...). The movie design aesthetic is definitely my favourite among all the myriad TF lines.

Megatron looks a lot more imposing this time round, with the new hulking body, whilst retaining all his pointy bits. I don't at all mind the head being at the front of the tank - why not? It's just a weapon mode, really. He's sure not gonna blend in like that, head or no head! And if his head's armoured enough, why hide it? It looks like there are a load of panels which come in to play in tank mode, anyway.

The Fallen is just amazingly awesome - a great and totally demonic design. Can't wait to see him in action!

Sideswipe is totally cool - a car I'm very excited about (long time Corvette series fan) and kick-ass 'bot mode to boot!

Screamer is still Screamer - looking forward to finding out about those tatoos...

Ravage, ace. Twins, goofy, but they could be fun...

And Devastator - man, I can't wait to see him in the film! The design is fantastic.

Old 2009-04-09, 06:36 PM   #238
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
And Devastator - man, I can't wait to see him in the film! The design is fantastic.
Some pictures of a test shot of the toy showed up the other day with some concept artwork that I hadn't seen before. It seems hand drawn as opposed to the actual CGI renders, but I think it showcases the look even better.

The toy is still junk, though.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	devastator_concept.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	5049  
Old 2009-04-29, 09:06 AM   #239
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

tomorrows trailer, today

bugger me.

and its mostly new footage too!

and OP has a new (and not unfitting) tagline/motto/whatever for the next 20 years...

and to answer an above post, can you say 'nearly as big as a freakin' pyramid'?

Last edited by borg72; 2009-04-29 at 09:23 AM.
Old 2009-04-29, 02:20 PM   #240
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Holy crap.

I can't wait to see that bad boy in high def!

Closed Thread