The Transformers Archive Skip to main content / Also skip section headers

[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

 
  • transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-09, 05:47 PM   #1
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."
 
Clay's Avatar
 
Murray, KY
Default New Encore: Combaticons box set

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...09&mode=retail

Bah, do Menasor!

If these use the die cast metal parts, they might actually be worth getting even with the myriad knock offs floating around. Or not.

Interesting nonetheless.
 
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 05:54 PM   #2
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door
 
Cliffjumper's Avatar
 
Smile

Well, we were going to see them or the original Seacons at some point... wonder if high enough sales would justify cleaning up/repairing/reverse engineering all the other ones they've destroyed over the years?
 
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 06:16 PM   #3
Detective Barricade
"To Punish and Enslave..."
 
Detective Barricade's Avatar
 
Middle of Nowhere, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...09&mode=retail

Bah, do Menasor!

If these use the die cast metal parts, they might actually be worth getting even with the myriad knock offs floating around. Or not.

Interesting nonetheless.
I'm surprised that the molds for the Combaticons hasn't crumbled into dust yet, considering that there's been about a zillion different re releases of them, in legitimate versions alone!
 
Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 08:18 PM   #4
ganon578
GO BLUE!
 
ganon578's Avatar
 
NoCo
Default

Holy Transformers love for the Combaticons!!! How many versions of these guys/Onslaught are we getting lately?
 
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 09:24 PM   #5
wolfbolt86
Triple Changer
 
wolfbolt86's Avatar
 
Default

Great, now if they will only releasse the Stunticons and Trypticon. At least they are continuing the line. Think we might get a Fort. Max at some point?
 
wolfbolt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 09:59 PM   #6
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door
 
Cliffjumper's Avatar
 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Holy Transformers love for the Combaticons!!! How many versions of these guys/Onslaught are we getting lately?
Well, Henkei most likely isn't using the random Energon recolours, whereas Universe shows no sign of releasing the originals... both markets have just got a different set of old Combaticons that look nothing like the show counterparts
 
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 10:19 PM   #7
ganon578
GO BLUE!
 
ganon578's Avatar
 
NoCo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Well, Henkei most likely isn't using the random Energon recolours, whereas Universe shows no sign of releasing the originals... both markets have just got a different set of old Combaticons that look nothing like the show counterparts
True story...
 
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 10:45 PM   #8
Gouki
Not a robot.
 
Gouki's Avatar
 
Australia.
Default

I happy to see more Decepticons, though. Wish it was Menasor or another Predakin Or even Abominus. Just never been fond of the Combaticons for the most part. Might pick this up still, though, just because I've missed out everytime I wanted one.
 
Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 01:07 AM   #9
The Reverend
Double Targetmaster
 
The Reverend's Avatar
 
Knoxville, TN
Default

I was never fond of the Combaticons back in G1 days - they had cool characters, but the toys just didn't grab me. Onslaught is cool to have if you have Trypticon (although I got two chinese KOs for cheap so my Trypticon could have two sets of cannon platforms attached).
 
The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 02:46 AM   #10
RID Scourge
Lurking
 
RID Scourge's Avatar
 
In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Default

Nice to see them in the old colors. Can't say I'd like them enough to pay that much for them though. Especially since I have both RID releases and I ended up with 1-2 sets of knockoffs in a lot once . . .

I'd love to see them do Swindle and Blastoff as new molds that were compatible with the Energon Conbaticons and give them propper hands. That'd be sweet, but I guess that's only a dream.
 
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 01:26 AM   #11
S_Windell
Dinobot
 
S_Windell's Avatar
 
Default

I'm sadly fanboyish when it comes to the Combaticons but, yeah, it's getting a bit much. Bring on someone else! And I agree with Menasor.

Incidentally, I recently picked up a G1 Brawl from ebay. (My old one suffered a coffee spill and I'd never been able to get that sludge from between his flabby arms.) Very decent shape, 5.50 USD. Bidding simultaneously on a similarly conditioned G1 Dead End from the same seller which eventually went for much more, 34.00, IIRC. This tells me that you could probably get a complete Bruticus- original and in decent shape- for less than BBTS is asking for this reissue which may(or may not, to be fair) suffer from an overused mold; for Menasor, good luck on that!
 
S_Windell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 11:00 PM   #12
BlacknRedTed
Dinobot
 
Default

$94.00, naww I will pass. Didnt a repaint of these guys come out a while back in camo colors and it was available at wal=mart for $50 ? And I think that is to much to for these guys to. Yeah they are one of the first combiner teams, but they cant really do to much but that, and I dont think they are worth $50, let alone almost $100 now. I will pass.
 
BlacknRedTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 12:25 AM   #13
burnitall
Triple Changer
 
burnitall's Avatar
 
Washington
Default

I, too, would rather have the stunticons, or even constructicons, reissued, but I had combaticons when I was a kid, and now I kinda want them again. I think 94 dollars is a bit much, but I might be able to swing it.
 
burnitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 12:48 AM   #14
Springer007
Truth-bearer
 
Springer007's Avatar
 
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbolt86 View Post
Great, now if they will only releasse the Stunticons and Trypticon. At least they are continuing the line. Think we might get a Fort. Max at some point?
The last Fortress Maximus was with RID, and that was very hard or impossible to find.

I like the original colors, but I have my RiD combaticons, and sadly, I just want either a Superion, Menasor, Computron, or Defensor, or just a Devastator (since my Hook's legs crumbled basically from cheap chromed plastic).
 
Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 05:33 AM   #15
wolfbolt86
Triple Changer
 
wolfbolt86's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer007 View Post
The last Fortress Maximus was with RID, and that was very hard or impossible to find.
I know that was the last time that mold came out, but I was wondering if there is a chance for it to come out in the encore line. I wonder if it does come out, how much are they going to charge for the thing. Aren't unopen Fort. Max's around $1,000?
 
wolfbolt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 07:34 AM   #16
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...
 
Treadshot A1's Avatar
 
Default

They won't be if there's an encore one!

I'm guessing with Fort max being 2 feet tall, and a Leader class (bout a foot or so, rounded up) being round 50 USD, that the price would be bout 250 - 300 USD (Twice the height, bout twice the width, plus possible mould repairs, and low amounts produced, etc. etc.)
 
Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 08:04 AM   #17
S_Windell
Dinobot
 
S_Windell's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadshot A1 View Post
They won't be if there's an encore one!

I'm guessing with Fort max being 2 feet tall, and a Leader class (bout a foot or so, rounded up) being round 50 USD, that the price would be bout 250 - 300 USD (Twice the height, bout twice the width, plus possible mould repairs, and low amounts produced, etc. etc.)
That doesn't seem unrealistic, no. What does seem unrealistic, to me, is the concept of it happening, at least outside of Japan. Available as an import again, sure!

I am in the US, btw. I may be biased because of my local market, but Leader class toys are shelf warmers here. And then you get into the Supreme class. I can't think of a single Supreme class TF that didn't end up on clearance. If this is true overall, a $200+ TF probably isn't the best move for Hasbro. (And then there's the drop test to get around, which prevents Maximus from being here in the first place...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknRedTed View Post
$94.00, naww I will pass. Didnt a repaint of these guys come out a while back in camo colors and it was available at wal=mart for $50 ? And I think that is to much to for these guys to. Yeah they are one of the first combiner teams, but they cant really do to much but that, and I dont think they are worth $50, let alone almost $100 now. I will pass.
There were no less than four repaints of this mold around 2000-2002. Car Robot, RID(which was different enough from the CR version to warrant both, for me at least), the urban camo and desert camo. The two latters were Wa-Mart exclusives, IIRC, but I remember them running only around $25 at my locals. (And the desert camo I saw on clearance for roughly half that after I'd already gotten it...)
 
S_Windell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 08:12 AM   #18
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...
 
Treadshot A1's Avatar
 
Default

Agreed. It probably wouldn't be a good move for Hasbro or Takara to release outside of Jap, especially after Ultimate Bumblebee & Rollout Prime.

I know there's a die hard group of Ult. BB fans. I won't forget that time in the reviews section for a while, ut it just seemed to shelfwarm here.

Though, i doubt it would be possible to get F.Max out of Jap anyway, thx to that awful drop test.
 
Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 09:56 AM   #19
BlacknRedTed
Dinobot
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Windell View Post
That doesn't seem unrealistic, no. What does seem unrealistic, to me, is the concept of it happening, at least outside of Japan. Available as an import again, sure!

I am in the US, btw. I may be biased because of my local market, but Leader class toys are shelf warmers here. And then you get into the Supreme class. I can't think of a single Supreme class TF that didn't end up on clearance. If this is true overall, a $200+ TF probably isn't the best move for Hasbro. (And then there's the drop test to get around, which prevents Maximus from being here in the first place...)



There were no less than four repaints of this mold around 2000-2002. Car Robot, RID(which was different enough from the CR version to warrant both, for me at least), the urban camo and desert camo. The two latters were Wa-Mart exclusives, IIRC, but I remember them running only around $25 at my locals. (And the desert camo I saw on clearance for roughly half that after I'd already gotten it...)
Man I wish they where that price at my wal-mart when they where out. I didnt pick up the urban camo set because it was $50, and I never saw the desert camo set. I picked up 2 of the RID combaticons(onslaught and movor), but I couldnt never find the rest in stores for some reason. I wish this set would come out again, and at a good price, because $94.00 is just to much for me to pay for a brick basically. He looks cool, but that is about it.
 
BlacknRedTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 03:20 PM   #20
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."
 
Clay's Avatar
 
Murray, KY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Windell View Post
That doesn't seem unrealistic, no. What does seem unrealistic, to me, is the concept of it happening, at least outside of Japan. Available as an import again, sure!
That toy will never be released in the United States again because it can't pass the safety test of not shattering when dropped.
 
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
 
[the-hub.co.uk]
[transfans.co.uk]
[oneshallstand]
[unicron.com]
[counter-x.net]
[ntfa.net]
[allspark.com]
[transformertoys.co.uk]
[tfu.info]
[botchthecrab.com]
[obscure_tf]
[tfradio.net]
 

[TFArchive button]
Link graphics...

BOOKMARK US
Or in FF, hit Ctrl+D.