• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-01-12, 03:38 PM   #21
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Fort Max is probably just too big for a niche line like Encore anyway, the whole process would just be more difficult and costly. Takara probably haven't had a chance to destroy the mould since CR, but the production run would be (relatively) expensive just for the amount of materials, and then there's trying to persuade retailers to take it when, in Japan, Transformers is only just coming out of a bit of a rut (you don't enter into a friendly merger with a rival when you're dominating the market...).

I've always been curious as to just how many Fort Max figures were originally made, relative to - say - Metroplex.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 02:53 AM   #22
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
I've always been curious as to just how many Fort Max figures were originally made, relative to - say - Metroplex.
Rough estimate: Twice the size, 10 times the price now, probably 5:1 ratio of Metro to F.Max. Just a guess, though. Probably a lot less Fort Max's.

Wonder what the chances are of other base formers coming out? I don't care if it was Greasepit, just a baseformer of some sort.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 07:07 AM   #23
S_Windell
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknRedTed View Post
Man I wish they where that price at my wal-mart when they where out. I didnt pick up the urban camo set because it was $50, and I never saw the desert camo set. I picked up 2 of the RID combaticons(onslaught and movor), but I couldnt never find the rest in stores for some reason. I wish this set would come out again, and at a good price, because $94.00 is just to much for me to pay for a brick basically. He looks cool, but that is about it.
I think I'm lucky because I don't really live in a huge toy collecting area. The only adult collectors I know of are Hot Wheels guys. Things are usually relatively cheap and the higher end products usually end up on clearance. (Though I thought Wal-Mart had standard prices?) Also, availability of 'hard to find' toys seems to be better. The only downside, I think, is we generally get things a bit little later than usual. (I'm just now seeing Universe 2.0 Cyclonus and Hound; still waiting on Animated Swindle.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
That toy will never be released in the United States again because it can't pass the safety test of not shattering when dropped.
Yes, I didn't overlook that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Windell View Post
(And then there's the drop test to get around, which prevents Maximus from being here in the first place...)
But thanks for pointing out this very important bit again. The reason reason it'll never be a US release ever, ever again unless there are some serious mods. I also can't help but wonder how many fans who are hoping for a Fortress Maximus are honestly serious about getting it. There's a huge difference between saying "Do Want!" online and standing there looking at its price tag in the store.

S_Windell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 08:22 AM   #24
Treadshot A1

Quote:
There's a huge difference between saying "Do Want!" online and standing there looking at its price tag in the store.
Yes, there is. Saying 'Do want' is possible, it being in a store long enough to see it's price tag, not so plausible.

Mind, if it wasn't too expensive, i'd buy one. No matter what...

Old 2009-01-13, 04:07 PM   #25
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

I have the Korean Car Robots version. Cool enough, but there's not much you can do except marvel at its size.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 06:52 PM   #26
BlacknRedTed
Dinobot

Quote:
I think I'm lucky because I don't really live in a huge toy collecting area. The only adult collectors I know of are Hot Wheels guys. Things are usually relatively cheap and the higher end products usually end up on clearance. (Though I thought Wal-Mart had standard prices?) Also, availability of 'hard to find' toys seems to be better. The only downside, I think, is we generally get things a bit little later than usual. (I'm just now seeing Universe 2.0 Cyclonus and Hound; still waiting on Animated Swindle.)

Yes, I didn't overlook that...

But thanks for pointing out this very important bit again. The reason reason it'll never be a US release ever, ever again unless there are some serious mods. I also can't help but wonder how many fans who are hoping for a Fortress Maximus are honestly serious about getting it. There's a huge difference between saying "Do Want!" online and standing there looking at its price tag in the store.

Dang, that sucks. I found swindle at my local wal-mart about 2 weeks ago now, and there is alot of them, so that does suck for you bro. Just keep looking. He should appear soon for you bro.

I would get a fort. max., if he came out at U.S. retail, but that wont ever happen. They need to just make a new one, and put him out. That would be so sweet. Having a transformer that size would be so tight. They need to make an animated omega supreme that size, instead of wasting time, money and material on stuff like a supreme optimus prime, that is the worst toy of 2008. A omega supreme that size would be a great toy to make, and great thing to have in any collection. And if done correctly, it would actually sale better then the supreme prime, by far.

BlacknRedTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 07:47 PM   #27
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

The problem with Supreme Prime, besides the price, are the gimmicks too. I thought it looked pretty neat until I saw and heard what all it did. I doubt they will make Omega Supreme that big mainly because collectors and kids are two different demographics by far. Parents won't buy it because it is huge and expensive whereas collectors will. I will admit, I would love to have Omega Supreme in my collection of toys by my tv, but sadly I can only order two things from ebay to make them worthwhile later on: Omega from Energon and Metroplex from Cybertron. Then make a proper Omega and Fort Max.

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 02:21 AM   #28
Treadshot A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RID Scourge View Post
I have the Korean Car Robots version. Cool enough, but there's not much you can do except marvel at its size.
Hey, if you don't want it, i'll gladly have it.

Yeah, i agree. There's not much you can do with him, cept keep him in base mode for others. That's all i want him for anyways...

Old 2009-01-14, 02:33 AM   #29
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

I got him in robot mode. He looks way too imposing to be displayed in any other mode.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote