• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-02-12, 09:16 PM   #41
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
Right, finally read the articles. Newsarama referring to the upcoming film as "Transformers 2: Rise of the Machines" is hylarious.
Wait, that makes sense. Perhaps due to a giant cock up AHM is in fact a tie in to the third Terminator film. Hence the complete lack of compatibility with their previous TF stuff.

Quote:
Bold claim innit? And one that almost makes me predisposed to hate whatever it is on principle...
Plus, do they really expect people who didn't like AHM (well, people who didn't like it and aren't crazy completist bastards) to buy anything else with that title?

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 09:16 PM   #42
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

A bit of news on their Doctor Who range does raise one question:

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php...VVpZyVcayWiroL

Quote:
A number of new Doctor Who-related comics were announced during the recent New York ComicCon during a panel held by IDW Publishing.

May will see The Time Machination by Tony Lee with art by Paul Grist; this is a 22 page issue that the author revealed will involve Victorian London, and will be the first Doctor Who comic to mention Torchwood.

From July, a new monthly anthology, also by Lee, will commence; entitled Doctor Who Ongoing, it aims to be a 'season' to portray new tenth Doctor adventures, with all-new companions, through to the arrival of his eleventh incarnation in issue 18 (December 2010). Lee commented: "Itís the best fun Iíve ever had." The first two issues will be set in Hollywood in 1927.
Considering both GI Joe and Who are getting ongoings I now wouldn't be surprised if the big news for Transformers is them attempting a continuing title for us as well.

Old 2009-02-13, 09:55 PM   #43
LKW
Gestalt

fray-adjacent
Smile

Yet oddly, they just ended their (by far) longest running on-going series, Fallen Angel, with issue #33, just so they can re-launch it in July [with special Joss Whedon-approved guest star Illyria, btw].

But, yeah - an on-going TF series would seem more likely now, with what you point out; hm....

LKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 04:22 AM   #44
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Smile Spotlights for Cliffjumper and Metroplex revealed

During the IDW panel at the Wondercon '09 convention, it was announced by editor Denton Tipton that there are plans for a Transformers Spotlight: Cliffjumper.

Read the rest of the Wondercon coverage at Newsarama.com.
Quote:

Tipton then announced Transformers Spotlight: Cliffjumper, a one-shot set in the standard Transformers continuity rather than that of the films. The issue will be written by Shane McCarthy (Transformers: All Hail Megatron, Star Wars Tales) and Tipton and illustrated by Robby Russo. The issue will focus on the titular Transformer and deal with loose ends of the current All Hail Megatron story arc. Don Figueroa will be doing an alternate cover.

Last edited by zigzagger; 2009-03-02 at 10:09 AM.
zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 05:12 AM   #45
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

ok. I like the choice as a spotlight. I like the look of Clffy in AHM.

but McCarthy has been completly panned by the fandom... so I have my doubts about how this issue will turn out.

As a side note, I actually enjoy AHM but I also like G1 so I know my tastes are not sophisticated like most of the Comic reading world.

another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 08:07 AM   #46
Blackjack
Micromaster

Well, at least Cliffjumper had some love. So is Jazz. When did those two get any story focusing on them? Except for Cliffjumper's cliched role in the episode 'traitor?'

Good. But With McCarthy? Erm.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 11:23 AM   #47
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

Cliffjumper could go one of two ways. In AHM he's been used as the occasional 'Everyman', voicing the readers' unframed questions ("When did perceptor get scary?"), so I hope that wouldn't get in the way of him being the awesome charachter he could be; My fear is that it'll be an issue full of "hey, look at me, i'm cool, aren't I? yeah, of course I am! <insert cheeky grin/wink here>". hopefully not, and we'll get to see some actual characterisation, some personality flaws, internal monologue, etc.

My bigger concern is that Spoltlight: Cliffybabes* is being used to 'tie up some loose ends from AHM'. Hang on... 12 issues? Plus another four in this 'Coda' thingy? and we Still have loose ends to tie up?

*i'm so calling him Cliffybabes from now on

borg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 11:31 AM   #48
Neuronutter
Gestalt

Halifax, NS

Good choice with Cliffy, but yet another 'Bot? That's five for the next trade, five in the last SL trade, two in Rev and only two Con issues the whole time. Two Cons in 14 issues is pretty poor.

Cliffy's been fun though in AHM so I'll look forward to this. But, yeah, more tying up of AHM? As if 12 issues wasn't enough!

Neuronutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 11:34 AM   #49
Neuronutter
Gestalt

Halifax, NS

Quote:
The film itself will be adapted by long time Transformers writer Simon Furman, with art by Jon Davis-Hunt and Alex Milne, and be released weekly before the theatrical release date. Josh Nizzi will be doing covers to both the adaptation and Defiance as well. A cover gallery of his work for the various Transformers prequel miniseries and his concept art from the film will be made available to comics retailers as an incentive.
Weekly release of movie adapation comics? Not according to the solicits it isn't. It would make more sense if it was though, as that's what we were expecting and that's what they did with the last movie.

Old 2009-03-02, 11:48 AM   #50
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuronutter View Post
Weekly release of movie adapation comics? Not according to the solicits it isn't. It would make more sense if it was though, as that's what we were expecting and that's what they did with the last movie.
I noticed last time round that the TPB got a lot of mainstream store lovin' as a piece of movie merchandise (HMV & Virgin music stores had it on stands by the tillcash registers, a few other stores had it round whee i live). perhaps they are banking on the same again, and just going for straight for the TPB?

Old 2009-03-02, 12:02 PM   #51
Blackjack
Micromaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuronutter View Post
Good choice with Cliffy, but yet another 'Bot? That's five for the next trade, five in the last SL trade, two in Rev and only two Con issues the whole time. Two Cons in 14 issues is pretty poor.

Cliffy's been fun though in AHM so I'll look forward to this. But, yeah, more tying up of AHM? As if 12 issues wasn't enough!
Let's see... Spotlight issues, heh?

In the Autobots we have: Nightbeat, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, Kup, Optimus Prime, Blaster, Arcee, Wheelie, Mirage, Grimlock, Hardhead, Sideswipe, Blurr, Cosmos (if that's confirmed), Metroplex, Jazz, Cliffjumper

In the Decepticons we have: Shockwave, Sixshot, Soundwave, Galvatron, Ramjet, Cyclonus, Doubledealer,

Oh yeah. Definitely we need more Decepticon love. All Hail Megatron isn't exactly the thing, y'know... I want my Spotlight: Thundercracker.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 01:19 PM   #52
Neuronutter
Gestalt

Halifax, NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
I want my Spotlight: Thundercracker.
Seconded!

Old 2009-03-02, 09:08 PM   #53
Hennessy
Seeker

Covers up

http://tformers.com/transformers-won...1101/news.html

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 09:12 PM   #54
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Nice vest, that does not look shit at all.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 09:19 PM   #55
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

So by extension Cliffjumper is actually going to do something in the second half of AHM in order to have some loose ends that need tying up? That cover does look woryingly like a Kiss Players crossover...

Old 2009-03-02, 10:03 PM   #56
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
100 quatloos on the anime girl!

Old 2009-03-03, 12:34 AM   #57
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

YEAH, I'LL BE BUYING THE BROWN BAG COVER VARIANT.

another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 12:52 AM   #58
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania
Wink

Why would IDW be doing a spotlight on Tom? Oh wait, my mistake.

Not sure what to make of the cover or for the character either. I mean really, who's he going to call a "traitor" now?

Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 02:33 AM   #59
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civ View Post
Why would IDW be doing a spotlight on Tom? Oh wait, my mistake.
It'd still be a better choice than Drift.

secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 11:06 AM   #60
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Red face

Quote:
the standard Transformers continuity
yuh... huh...

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote