• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-05-23, 10:41 PM   #141
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

i wonder how far the 'next' transformers series will ultimately be from animated, if they are

a) wanting to get their moneys worth out of molds that really wouldnt work anywhere else right now but '25th anniversary universe'

and

b) about to have a 50/50 partnership on their own tv station/production co, giving them far more creative control on the direction of any future series

plus

c) animated just... stopped. with barely any resolution. yes, you could call it the end of the series, but you could easily just launch a fourth/new series based off of the unresolved plotlines.

borg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 09:36 AM   #142
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Let me say you this, It's a dead giveaway that after the Movie line has stopped, Animated will get a sequel. The line is too succesfull, too full of options to ignore it and create an entire new line...

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 08:13 PM   #143
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Thumbs up

That would be fantastic, but it would also make my bank account cry . . .

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 04:59 PM   #144
Neuronutter
Gestalt

Halifax, NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap's tail View Post
Let me say you this, It's a dead giveaway that after the Movie line has stopped, Animated will get a sequel. The line is too succesfull, too full of options to ignore it and create an entire new line...
A sequel to Animated makes the most sense. I hope this is what they do. Set it up so that Prime's Magnus and some time has passed. Then they can start new stories! Yay! Guess we'll find out next weekend.

Neuronutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 05:32 PM   #145
astrotrain85
Transformers 4ever.

Sao Paulo,Brazil.
Angry Why Hasbro will cancel TFAnimated.

Damn,i got a new job and Hasbro will cancel TFAnimated? Or they will wait the RTOF toy line came out .

astrotrain85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 07:00 PM   #146
wolfbolt86
Triple Changer

Does CN have any rights to Animated or does Hasbro have all the rights. Just wondering because I thought Animated was a CN house creation.

wolfbolt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 02:51 PM   #147
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

You mean those guys who designed Super Robot Monkey Hyperforce Go(That I remember that name is a sure wonder...)? I believe they're property of Hasbro, since they brought us also the toys from that series.

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 06:54 PM   #148
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbolt86 View Post
Does CN have any rights to Animated or does Hasbro have all the rights. Just wondering because I thought Animated was a CN house creation.
If they do, it'll probably only be doen as work for hire - there'd be something complicated about CN being able to use the trademarks for the duration of the run or something, but nothing that'd be any use without Hasbro's say-so (which is, I believe, the situation with the 1980s Gobots cartoon - Hanna-Barbera own the episodes, but Hasbro own enough trademarks to make sure a release wouldn't be viable even if HB wanted to). This is why, say, the G1 cartoon (created by Marvel and Sunbow) can be licensed to Rhino, Madman, Sony, Pioneer, Maverick, Metronome etc, etc, etc.

That said, every other licensing deal Hasbro have done with the line has seen (nearly all*) the material revert back to Hasbro when the agreement has ended, and I can't see them suddenly changing that now

* = there's some complication where pre-existing Marvel characters were used in the 1980s TF comic

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 10:59 AM   #149
Transformer Kamen
Ego Sum

From Allspark.com's Hasbro panel synopsis:

Animated.

* Rodimus Minor, Cybertron Mode Ironhide and Cybertron Mode Ratchet share a body type, but Ironhide features a new head. Electrostatic Soundwave with Ratbat and Arcee are coming. Wasp is a simple redeco of Bumblebee, no new head sculpt on him. Golfire Grimlock and Hydrodrive Bumblebee are not dead either. Blackout - Earth helicopter mode, not the hovership seen in "Transwarped." Wingblade Prime as seen in "Endgame" will also be released; the Deluxe Earth mold plus parts, similar to Hydro-Bumblebee. Finally, we'll be seeing a Voyager-sized Thundercracker.

This is surprising, and quite welcome, news.

Last edited by Transformer Kamen; 2009-05-31 at 11:24 AM.
Transformer Kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 12:42 PM   #150
Detective Barricade
"To Punish and Enslave..."

Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Well that should make some people happy. First time in a long time that the three original Seekers will be available to the general public and all the same mold. Overall it looks like Hasbro's going to try and get their monies worth before moving on to their next cartoon series, whatever that may be.

Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 07:09 PM   #151
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Sweet!

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 11:09 PM   #152
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...d-toys-167782/

Images of the new Animated toys.....

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 11:59 PM   #153
Bluecatcinema
Dinobot

As I expected, Rodimus looks awesome, and Cybertron Mode Ratchet is pretty decent (can't wait to see how the Ironhide version will fare).

Bluecatcinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 02:55 AM   #154
CJHawk
Protoform

Kansas

Woo-hoo! I for one am glad to see Ironhide, Arcee, and Rodimus are on their way. Now if we could just get Cliffjumper, Brawn, AND Omega Supreme that would be perfect. I know, wishful thinking. Animated had a good run.

CJHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 09:05 PM   #155
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

They look sharp. Can anyopne who was at BotCon tell me roughly how tall the new Bumblebee is, whether the figure itself is larger or smaller than the first one?

Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 11:49 PM   #156
Detective Barricade
"To Punish and Enslave..."

Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Hybrodrive Bumblebee is supposed to be smaller than Deluxe 'Bee, but larger than Activators 'Bee. But I didn't go, so I don't know...

Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 08:34 PM   #157
Transformer Kamen
Ego Sum

Tfw2005.com has some new pics of Animated Rodimus Minor (I'm still not sure why they didn't go with Prime) and a repaint of Oil Slick. Unexpected!

I'm really digging Oil Slicks new scheme. If the actual version is that shiny, I'll pick him up.

Transformer Kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 09:17 PM   #158
praetorian
Powermaster

They may have gone with Rodimus Minor because in Transformers Animated, "Prime" is a rank. Hence, Sentinel Prime, Longarm Prime, and Optimus Prime. Magnus is also a rank. Rodimus is perhaps a rank lower than the Primes.

Those pictures look great, though!

praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 11:57 PM   #159
Gouki
Not a robot.

Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorian View Post
They may have gone with Rodimus Minor because in Transformers Animated, "Prime" is a rank. Hence, Sentinel Prime, Longarm Prime, and Optimus Prime. Magnus is also a rank. Rodimus is perhaps a rank lower than the Primes.

Those pictures look great, though!
Pretty sure Minor would be the rank.

Although, for some reason, I thought his name was Rodimus Major.

Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 07:23 AM   #160
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

minor, major, prime, magnus are the known ranks in ascending order.

in autobo(o)t camp, for example, sentinal was sentinal major.

i think its a nice twist on the whole naming convention (though technically it means that ultra magnus's actual name is just 'Ultra', as bee points out when he arrives on earth in season 2)

borg72 is offline   Reply With Quote