• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Old 2009-03-23, 12:34 AM   #41
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

Rail Racer is one of my favorite Gestalts. I've only been able to find Rail Spike so far though... and his missile is missing.

All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Catalyst Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 09:11 PM   #42
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst Dragon View Post
Rail Racer is one of my favorite Gestalts. I've only been able to find Rail Spike so far though... and his missile is missing.
It's actually a smidge easier to find the Korean JRX Brothers on eBay right now, as there are usually a few sets on there for a decent price. The Korean version is official, and the same quality as the Japanese version (made by the same shops).

And, yes, Railracer is one of the sweeter releases from Car Robots. It's a pity that they didn't do a minor Redeco of him for the Universe 2.0 line as a gift-set. It would have been a good choice.

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 12:17 AM   #43
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

I totaly passed on the RiD trains cause at the time I was like "meh, they're robots that turn into sticks".

Since then every one has said what a great set it was...
Guess I missed out.

Come on and wind me up.
another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 07:05 AM   #44
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
It's actually a smidge easier to find the Korean JRX Brothers on eBay right now, as there are usually a few sets on there for a decent price. The Korean version is official, and the same quality as the Japanese version (made by the same shops).

And, yes, Railracer is one of the sweeter releases from Car Robots. It's a pity that they didn't do a minor Redeco of him for the Universe 2.0 line as a gift-set. It would have been a good choice.
The Korean set i got sealed from Ebay (not mentioning seller unless necessary) for 50 USD + Shipping. Considering what they are, that's cheap as chips.

And Universe Rail Racer would be Awesome!!! In Noir Justice colours would be even better. Hey, any one ever though of taking Rapid Run (the Gray backpack forming one), adding some wins to his legs and calling it Blast Off?

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 07:45 AM   #45
Dreadwing
Dinobot

Phoenix, Az, USA

I want to get all 24 of the original G1 figures. I've wanted to get those since I was young, but right now all I have is Megatron. I also want the entire G2 line and the Machine Wars Line. I would like to get some of the action masters as well, mainly megatron. I have probably 90% of the Beast Wars/Machines line so I might finish that as well.

I seem to have just lost intrest in the newer figures. I got the entire Classics 1.0 line and most of the 2.0; Animated is ok, I got the dinobots, Prime($20), Cybertron Megatron, Starscream, Lugnut, Blitzwing, but they dont have the same appeal as the older figures.

Dreadwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 08:14 AM   #46
Raze
Headmaster

Gloucester, UK

No collection in sight as yet. Have been wanting to get hold of the G1 seekers and coneheads but not the originals as I'm not a fan of the rigid legs. Was looking at the masterpiece series as they seem very poseable which is a big plus in their favour even if a little pricey. I'm open to other more knowledgeable suggestions though.

After that I'd have to go for the gestalts.

Raze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 09:58 AM   #47
Treadshot A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raze View Post
No collection in sight as yet. Have been wanting to get hold of the G1 seekers and coneheads but not the originals as I'm not a fan of the rigid legs. Was looking at the masterpiece series as they seem very poseable which is a big plus in their favour even if a little pricey. I'm open to other more knowledgeable suggestions though.

After that I'd have to go for the gestalts.
Anyone know if the wing problem has been fixed yet? I have MP Screamer in green, no problems, but i heard quite a few stress mark/snapped wing stories when it first came out.

Old 2009-03-24, 01:34 PM   #48
Blackjack
Micromaster

@ Raze-- if you dislike the G1 Seekers, and Masterpiece is too expensive for you, try the Classics/Henkei molds. You can find Starscream and Acid Storm easily in the current market, and Ramjet or Skywarp if you're lucky. (Ultra Magnus tags along with 'Warp, though.) Thrust and Dirge are Japan-exclusvie. As for Thundercracker....

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 01:36 PM   #49
Vin Ghostal
Gave you a concussion

Making his summer residence in Alexandria, VA

I've put the brakes on TF collecting for the time being. I know there will be some movie figures I'll want, but as I was looking around my den, Transformers have taken over just about every goddamn flat surface in the room. So many figures that I'm only lukewarm about (like Animated Prowl, Ratchet, Snarl, Sentinel Prime, Universe Starscream, and so on) are just sitting around sealed in their packages taking up space, and I've got boxes more sealed upstairs (movie Bumblebee, Premium Optimus Prime, etc.) that I don't even have room to display. At this point, I'm more keen on unloading a lot of my RiD, Beast Wars, movie, and Animated stuff than bringing anything else in.

Vin Ghostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 02:32 PM   #50
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raze View Post
My recommendation would be to steer clear of the Masterpiece seekers and go for the Classics molds of the seekers. The Masterpiece seekers are riddled with QC problems in my experience. I know some people here will argue against that, but it is a fact that they suffer from QC problems, and I have had one come out of the box with stress marks that make transformation impossible without snapping the wings. I've also had one with the wings snapped due to the same stress marks after only 3 very gentle transformations. I've seen this personally in both the Japanese and US release.

Obviously not all of them have this problem, but it is very much hit and miss, and for that much money it is not a risk I like to take. Especially if you are just getting into collecting, I would think it best to get some quality figures that won't possibly leave you feeling like you wasted your money.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 02:56 PM   #51
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Hmmm. Maybe is it because they're from French. And oh yes, the weapons are nice, I use them as shoulder weapons, but I am really regretting the fact that I miss Railspike's weapon. A Friend of mine (former,duh) crushed his weapon under his feet by accident!

EDIT at Notabot : I think Mr. Tail sounds quite nice, thanks. Oh and gestaltitude is really nice, far better then gestalt-ish...

Last edited by Rattrap's tail; 2009-03-24 at 02:59 PM.
Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 03:16 PM   #52
Prowl1984
Tick-Tock

What would Deadpool do?

i'mm gonna try and get as many of the universe/classics as i can, not too bothered about the larger figures in the line, i'm loving cyclonus and hound at the moment. wanna try and get hold of ratchet, jetfire and hotrod at the moment. i'm also buying a few choice figures from animated since i was given the ratchet and bumblebee double pack. i recently picked up leader megatron with a starscream activator included for 19.99 from toys r us. awesome. looking to get bulkhead (he's on the same offer), samurai prowl, starscream, the dinobots and prime. i'm trying to keep all the animated figures to scale with one another as they appear in the cartoon any ideas on which prime would be the best purchase?

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005
Prowl1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 03:35 PM   #53
Raze
Headmaster

Gloucester, UK

Thanks all for the pointers.
After working (well I am at work) on some research, I've picked up Starscream, Acid Storm and Cyclonus (what the hell he's a reformatted seeker anyway) for no more then 14 each.
Will probably pick up Ramjet, Thundercracker and Skywarp next month as imports.

Old 2009-03-24, 04:38 PM   #54
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadshot A1 View Post
The Korean set i got sealed from Ebay (not mentioning seller unless necessary) for 50 USD + Shipping. Considering what they are, that's cheap as chips.
Considering they were $15 each when they came out? Yeah. I'd say that's a damn good price.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 06:06 AM   #55
Treadshot A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RID Scourge View Post
Considering they were $15 each when they came out? Yeah. I'd say that's a damn good price.
Well, the individual bot RID ersion are more than what i paid for this set on the secondary market, so i was happy.

And this set is just too good to pass up.

Old 2009-03-25, 10:31 AM   #56
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

Wow. All this love for RiD Rail Racer and I thought the figure was decent at best. I'm actually about to get rid of mine.

Thanks, Zeeks! Great job!
Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 10:51 AM   #57
Treadshot A1

If it's free, i'll take it.

Old 2009-03-25, 03:04 PM   #58
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
@ Raze-- if you dislike the G1 Seekers, and Masterpiece is too expensive for you, try the Classics/Henkei molds. You can find Starscream and Acid Storm easily in the current market, and Ramjet or Skywarp if you're lucky. (Ultra Magnus tags along with 'Warp, though.) Thrust and Dirge are Japan-exclusvie. As for Thundercracker....
Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker were both BotCon toys and Henkei toys. Skywarp is also available in Henkei, but honestly you'd be better off hunting down the Classics one for it's current price.

My current goal with my collection is to bypass 100 by the end of this year.

Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 04:01 PM   #59
Raze
Headmaster

Gloucester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker were both BotCon toys and Henkei toys. Skywarp is also available in Henkei, but honestly you'd be better off hunting down the Classics one for it's current price.

My current goal with my collection is to bypass 100 by the end of this year.
Would that be the Cybertronian Dirge I've been seeing all over the place packaged with Roadbuster?

Old 2009-03-25, 04:17 PM   #60
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

No.
http://www.tfu.info/2007/Decepticon/BCDirge/dirge.htm
http://www.tfu.info/2007/Decepticon/BCThrust/thrust.htm
http://www.tfu.info/2007/Decepticon/...dercracker.htm

Those were BotCon Exclusive releases. Thundercracker is now available in Japan as a Gentei! release. Dirge and Thrust WILL be available soon, but they have been delayed.

Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote