• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2012-12-15, 01:31 AM   #181
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Sadly, no - I don't see them doing that anytime soon either, not with the new cartoon toyline on the way.

You'll never know, but considering how long these have been around, you'd think there'd be some kind of announcement or rumour already.

Tetsuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 03:37 AM   #182
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Smile

I'd be tempted to consider that a good thing, actually. It means I could buy the four Turtles without having to worry about wanting Splinter, Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead, Man Ray, Mondo Gecko, Metalhead, Tokka, Rahzar, Slash...

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 06:20 AM   #183
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Lego Batman Batcave Set.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 07:03 AM   #184
HeavyArms
Unicron

An ET plushie.

Old 2012-12-22, 11:08 AM   #185
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I'd be tempted to consider that a good thing, actually. It means I could buy the four Turtles without having to worry about wanting Splinter, Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead, Man Ray, Mondo Gecko, Metalhead, Tokka, Rahzar, Slash...
I heard there's gonna some kind of announcement about possible continuation to the Classics line sometime next year, so at least you'll have the benefit of extra time.

Tetsuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 12:06 AM   #186
Warcry

I picked up Leonardo and Donatello today. The prices were a bit steep ($22 each!) but I had a gift card that paid for one of them and there wasn't a single Transformer worth buying in their 40% off sale so I figured, why not? Mikey and Raph were my two favourites when I was a kid, but pickings were slim so I grabbed the two guys I could get my hands on (these guys have been disappearing from the shelves pretty quickly around here, so hopefully they'll restock somewhere soon and I'll be able to grab the other two).

These guys are awesome! After seeing all the joints in the pics above I was worried that there's be too much articulation and that the toys would be a floppy mess, but there isn't and they're not. The manhole cover stands are necessary for a lot of poses since they're naturally pretty back-heavy, but the joints on mine are very tight. The fact that Leo can actually reach back and draw his swords makes me gleeful like a little kid, too.

My only real niggle is with the colours. Leo's skin colour is pretty close to his 80s/90s toys, and it looks like Mikey and Raph are pretty close too from the pic above. But Don isn't -- his old toys were a beautiful dark brownish-green, but here he's the lightest-skinned of the four Turtles and the closest to his cartoon colours. It wouldn't have bothered me if Leo, Raph and Mikey had been done in cartoon colours too, but it seems like Don's the odd one out and that's a shame because his original toy was easily the best-looking of the four.

I want to play Turtles in Time on the SNES now, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the game anymore.

Old 2012-12-29, 06:23 AM   #187
HeavyArms
Unicron

For Christmas I got Lego Lord Of The Rings: Uruk-Hai Attack.

Now I have to find the Battle For Helm's Deep set at a good price.

Old 2013-02-09, 04:49 AM   #188
HeavyArms
Unicron

An Ice Age Scrat plushie and Lego Batman with Ice-Mobile, Aquaman and Mr Freeze.

Old 2013-02-16, 07:31 AM   #189
HeavyArms
Unicron

Grabbed a Lego City Dirt Bike Transporter and a few of the 9th season of blind packed minifigs hoping to get the knight and the space marine, but instead got two of the the alien space marines.

Old 2013-02-23, 06:33 AM   #190
HeavyArms
Unicron

I ordered off Ebay a Lego Lord Of The Rings: Battle Of Helm's Deep set that came in on Tuesday, the box is heavier than I remembered it being, it came posted in a Amazon.com post box which is strange.

Also, bought Lego Marvel Avengers: Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape, which does have Iron Man in the set even though he wasn't in that scene.

I also bought two more of the S9 Mini Figs, getting two Knights this time .
I still need to get the Space Marine though.

Old 2013-03-02, 08:55 AM   #191
HeavyArms
Unicron

Not much to say, just a couple of minifigs: Chicken suit guy and a cyclops. The cyclops could work with my Lord Of The Rings stuff, I guess.

Old 2013-03-09, 09:59 AM   #192
HeavyArms
Unicron

With the next Iron Man movie coming out in the next couple of months, I went and bought War Machine and Iron Man mark IV, as well as a couple more of the blind pack Lego mini-figs, this time getting a Mermaid and the Chicken Suit Guy.

Old 2013-03-16, 07:38 AM   #193
HeavyArms
Unicron

As mentioned in a previous post, I got a Kratos Sackboy with the God Of War game.

Old 2013-03-23, 12:04 PM   #194
HeavyArms
Unicron

When I bought the Star Wars Lego: The Empire Strikes Out, it came with a Darth Vader mini-fig with a medal pained on his chest, which makes sense if you watch the short movie.

I also bought a Kratos statue that is based on the God Of War: Ascension video game. When I was trying to get the statue to slot on to the base I felt like I was going to break something because the plastic they used to mold the statue and the base didn't feel to strong.

Finally, I got a nice looking Naruto Uzumaki statue that came with the Naruto Storm 3 game, now I'm looking to get a couple more.

Old 2013-03-24, 11:29 AM   #195
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

The current turtles, April and Splinter. Really enjoying the scripting of the show and it's a better balance than the old show (which Turtles Forever emphasised a bit too much) -- the figures are decent representations, although why Donnie is the only one grimacing is a mystery and April's a bit bland. Also, nunchuks in single colour is rather sloppy.

Liking them all more than that suggests.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 08:56 PM   #196
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Like you, Denyer, i have taken the opportunity to pick up three of the four Turtles from Asda as they've had the new action figures available as some Easter special for 5 a throw. I'd picked up April O'Neil back in January and adore her! And now I own Raphael, Michaelangelo and Leonardo (Dontatello conspicuous by his absence...). Playmates have done a bang up job with these. A nice updating of the designs a little more in keeping with Eastman and Laird's original designs (at least to my eyes). The big feet give them excellent balance, the sculpts are great and they have nice posable limbs! Not a big fan of the sprued weapons, so I've just put them aside. Never owned any Turtles toys before, but these just really jump off the shelves at you and demand to be purchased. Nice, bright packaging with a cool graffiti style logo. They're not perfect, suffering from a lack of paint apps, but for a cool looking kid-friendly toy, they're near enough.

The Asda stock seems to be US packaged stuff as well, as these came with a product leaflet. I so want Fishface and Dog Pound! They look awesome, far better than Rocksteady and BeBop!

I will also have to hunt down the TV show, I really want to see it

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 02:34 AM   #197
Warcry

Smile

Have a hard time getting into the toys for the new Turtles show, personally. The toys are great and so is the show, but I don't think the toys are particularly good representations of the show's designs. The characters models have a lot of personality to them that doesn't really carry over into plastic form given most of the toys' obligatory TMNT big toothy grins.

Plus now that I own the really neat Classics Turtles, it's hard to get excited about other toys of them so soon.

Old 2013-03-30, 02:57 PM   #198
HeavyArms
Unicron

So for the last few weeks Toys 'R' Us has been doing specials for Lego sets, the last week of the Lego Star Wars promotion, I grabbed the Old Republic Striker Star fighter set. This week and the next couple of weeks they are promoting the Lego Super Heroes sets, so I bought Lego Batman: The Bat vs The Tumbler as well as a Police Chase set that I wanted, so that the Police Commissioner Gordon mini fig that comes in the Batman set has a vehicle.

Old 2013-04-06, 10:36 AM   #199
HeavyArms
Unicron

Bought two Heroclix, Brainiac and Marvel Girl, mainly because they were 2.50 each. I also bought Lego Super Heroes Ultimate Spider-Man: Daily Bugle Showdown, and Spider-Cycle Chase as part of a month or so of specials I'm trying to capitalize on.

Old 2013-04-10, 08:07 AM   #200
calvin_0
Headmaster

I just got Batman Unlimited: Batgirl, pretty sweet figure, very detailed. But i wish it come with some accessory because the open hand look pretty awkward in certain pose.

calvin_0 is offline   Reply With Quote