• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2013-04-13, 11:23 AM   #201
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

I bought the Lego Ultimate Spider-Man: Doc Ock's Ambush, also, when I bought Bioshock Infinite, the collector's edition came with a good size statue of the Songbird with detachable wings, as well as a very small Handyman figurine, although I wish it was bigger and a Murder of Crows keyring.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 07:56 AM   #202
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Just some things....

Kerrang! - Currently in mourning for the passing of My Chemical Romance, whom apparently were quite important as a musical force. Astonishing Spider-Man # 88, Essential X-Men # 43 and Mighty World Of Marvel # 47. Also picked up a couple of Iron Maiden albums Piece Of Mind and Powerslave.

Currently listening to How To Destroy Angels' welcome oblivion which is right good, but invariably draws comparrisons to Reznor's other bands as quite a lot of this sounds like the more refective moments of NiN. At its best, it sounds like a crackly, Spectrum tape deck loading version Curve.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 07:44 AM   #203
HeavyArms
Unicron

When I bought Injustice, it came with a statue of Wonder Woman fighting Batman, also I bought the Miles Morales version of Ultimate Spider-Man and Lego Monster Fighters Ghost Train as they were on special.

Old 2013-04-23, 05:18 PM   #204
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

These:

Being a TMNT fan for a long time (thought I haven't kept up with them much until recently) I thought these looked pretty awesome in the store. And they're almost like a 'Classics' version of the 1980's TMNT figs I had a long time ago, but with more articulation.

So far I've been really pleased with them, and they're not too expensive ($9 USD each). The arms are really poseable, and so are the legs, but some balance issues crop up when you try to pose them to crazily. They come with TONS of weapons outside of their normal armament, and the detailing is done quite well (like all the nicks and cuts on the shells). Anyways, anyone who is a TMNT fan should definitely consider getting them. I probably won't pick up any others than these (maybe Shredder?), but they're definitely fun, and exactly the same scale as the original Playmates Turtles.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 06:16 PM   #205
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I have those Turtles figures, they are great. I really like them. I am expecially fond of my April O'Neill figure

Just some albums from yester year of late:

Killing Joke - Killing Joke
Therapy? - Troublegum
Faith No More - Angel Dust

And a couple of cool little Judge Dredd pocket books 'The Dark Judges' & 'The Judge Child'

Old 2013-04-25, 08:32 AM   #206
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Saw a nice, big Enterprise D in a charity shop window for six quid, had to go back for it. It's now Sat next to my original series enterprise and looking mighty pretty

Still alive, I'm just bad at keeping up with forums.
You can read my articles and reviews at gintendo.co.uk but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 02:15 PM   #207
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
I have those Turtles figures, they are great. I really like them. I am expecially fond of my April O'Neill figure
I've been very pleased with the purchase, and nostalgia takes me back to when I only had the four original Turtles. My parents picked them up for me as a surprise since we couldn't go see the movie in the theaters. That was a great surprise!

I think it's kinda funny that the skin colors for Mikey and Raph are swapped from the early TMNT characters to these ones. Leo and Don have basically remained the same.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 06:47 PM   #208
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Picked up the new(ish) Batman: Unlimited Batgirl last night at a local comic shop, for a bit less than I've seen her selling for online. The articulation isn't quite on par with some of the male sculpts, partly because she doesn't have the same torso joints and partly because her hair interferes with head movement -- she's about as poseable as Mr. Freeze, but his mold is coming up on ten years old and he's supposed to be big and clunky. But she's a pretty good figure overall and I'm glad I tracked it down.

My meagre selection of villains really, really need some backup now, though.

Last edited by Warcry; 2013-04-25 at 07:54 PM.
Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 07:41 PM   #209
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

There can be such a thing as too many joints and joint lines -- I picked that one up a while back without knowing which series it was from (loose eBay example; the colours and styling are a good mix of Steph and Babs) and it's pretty nifty.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 08:06 PM   #210
Warcry

Smile

On balance, I think I agree with you. Some of the older DC Universe lines with a similar articulation style gave the female sculpts the same joints as the males and the results were spotty at best. The waist swivel especially tended to be awkwardly-placed, and the ball-joint in the upper chest gives a similar (though reduced) range of motion as the stuff that's been removed. The improved looks (and the figure does look great, I think it just edges out Freeze for my favourite in my small collection) are probably worth Batgirl's reduced poseability.

The hair is a bit more annoying, though. It looks like a separate piece from the rest of the head, and it's a shame it's not cast out of the same pliable stuff as her cape instead of hard plastic. A fairly minor issue overall, though.

Old 2013-04-26, 12:50 PM   #211
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

SoC Ideon.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 04:54 AM   #212
HeavyArms
Unicron

After winning on a couple of Lego sets, I was able to pick them up locally for what is virtually a buy one get one free dead.

Lego Monster Fighters Lord Vampyre's Castle and the Crazy Scientist And His Monster, which altogether cost $131!
Although the Castle is missing a black Lego piece that makes up part of the castle's spire, but that's not a big deal.

Old 2013-04-27, 08:00 PM   #213
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

you should be able to order the missing piece through Lego's website for free - check the instructions for the 'missing a piece?' smiley face where all the parts are listed at the back.

I've done it for a set with some genuine bits missing...and then, he says, rather shame facedly because I managed to loose a couple of bits through being clumsy and useless

I have bought Rob Zombie's new album and it is most excellent

Old 2013-04-27, 11:31 PM   #214
Warcry

Ggot a TDKR "Movie Masters" Batman from a local clearance store. He's the same scale and articulation style as my other toys, but winds up being a bit smaller because...well, because Christian Bale is a normal six-foot-tall man and the comic book version of the character is six inches taller and all muscle. It's not my favourite batsuit design, but for $12 it was worth it.

His neck looks silly from some angles, though. Way too long and skinny.

Otherwise the only problems with it are the problems inherent in the movie design, lack of colour being #1. The toy actually has lots of paint, but it's mostly dark grey over top of black so it's really hard to see in real life (though the camera catches it pretty well...I wish it looked that cool in person ).

I'm totally going to wind up buying a dozen different Batman variants now, aren't I? Bah, this is all Blackjack's fault...

Old 2013-04-28, 12:10 PM   #215
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Drybrush some highlights on with a lighter grey, maybe?

Old 2013-04-28, 01:42 PM   #216
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Bah, this is all Blackjack's fault...
-whistles innocently-

Blackjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 12:07 PM   #217
calvin_0
Headmaster

just pick up 4" cheetara and wilykit at Toy R Us clearance sale (10 bucks, around 4 USD).

they look pretty good for a 10 bucks, i'm considering to hunt down the whole team..

its a shame that they didnt have the 6" cheetara..

calvin_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 09:34 PM   #218
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Thundercats tanked in the UK, so the entire line ended up cheap at Home Bargains. I'd picked a few up during 2012 and completed the team just before Christmas - well at 99p each, it'd be rude not to! -and also got the funky new Thundertank for 9. The toys are actually really cool and I am very impressed by them. Bandai I have done a grand job with them, although (and this might just be a European thing) the sound chip gimmick is disappointing, with each figure just activating the same sound effect when you plug them into the Thundertank.

The 6" toys didn't seem widely available. I'm not surprised these struggled though. The enitre first assortment seemed to be nothing but Lion-O's. Older fans seemed to be passing them over for the concurrent 'Classic' versions, although we only seemed to get Lion-O and Tigra. Boring!

Old 2013-05-02, 09:41 PM   #219
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin_0 View Post
its a shame that they didnt have the 6" cheetara..
It's not awful, but the 4" one has a much better head sculpt / face detail.

http://www.shesfantastic.com/2012/01...-cheetara.html

Old 2013-05-03, 09:08 PM   #220
calvin_0
Headmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
It's not awful, but the 4" one has a much better head sculpt / face detail.

http://www.shesfantastic.com/2012/01...-cheetara.html
i see, the 4" do have better sculpt, but the articulation kinda sucks... no head or waist articulation.. i cant put her in the pose that cheetara on during the original opening...

anyway, i just got 4" Lion-O, Tygra and Wilykat. they look great together. (i just notice that the thunder kitten look kinda chibi, big head, tiny body. really cute ^_^)

Lion-O sword of omen is too bend out of shape to be pose with, but luckily they include the sleeping sword of omen which can be store in the claw shield.. nice touch

also Tygra come with a gun? O.o

now i just need to find Panthro to complete the team.. hopefully i can find him...

i think i got a nostalgia fever coming...

calvin_0 is offline   Reply With Quote