• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2013-08-19, 11:15 AM   #241
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Mattel's '66 Batman 2-pack with Batman and Robin.

Actually got this box last week, but I've decided to keep them in the box because if I can't get my hands on the Batmobile, I'm just gonna sell them.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 07:40 AM   #242
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

I finally found a good priced Lego Star Wars 8095 General Grievous Star Fighter and bought it off eBay, the box is kinda crumpled, but what can you do.
Also, a Kre-O Transformers Destruction Site Devastator.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 06:56 AM   #243
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Star Wars Darth Revan & Nihilus Customs.

Old 2013-09-06, 07:13 PM   #244
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

SH Figuarts Cyclone (the bike, not the Rider dude) and D-Arts Venusaur.

Old 2013-09-07, 06:00 AM   #245
HeavyArms
Unicron

Helghast Sackboy that came with Killzone: Mercenary.

Old 2013-09-08, 07:05 PM   #246
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Picked up the first issue of the Star Trek model magazine at the nice and cheap issue début price of two pounds. A lovely little model of the D, with a nice magazine that's pretty well judged to be accessible to younger, newer fans without talking down. I don't think I'd seen the picture of the empty Generations version of the bridge before either.

The stuff written "In Universe" in the mag rather sweetly includes Jellico as an official Captain of the Enterprise but not Riker for his equally short tenure (despite mentioning his field promotion when talking about the ship's memorable adventures). Poor old Bill, he must have really pissed off Star Fleet by the point he couldn't even shoot Ron Pearlman at point blank range.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9&l=8b25a107e7

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 03:40 AM   #247
Inaction Master
Slacker, slower, more slothful

Off one of the more recent waves of G.I. Joe Retaliation, Ultimate Storm Shadow. Gotta say, has got a really nice retro look going on and plenty of accessories too. I used to think that the Renegades Storm Shadow was the end-all-be-all, but Ultimate sure proved me wrong.

Inaction Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 09:08 AM   #248
HeavyArms
Unicron

A different shops I bought a bunch of Lego: 9492 Star Wars Tie Fighter, Monster Fighters Swamp Monster and the female robot, ice-cream girl, gingerbread man and rock climber from the 11th series of blind packed mini figures.

Old 2013-09-17, 12:53 PM   #249
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Got a GX-34 Gunbuster from Mandarake, only 27k yen plus shipping. The condition was described as "opened, used, case damage", which is Mandy for "opened, otherwise in immaculate condition".

Old 2013-09-21, 05:38 AM   #250
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Star Wars set 7200 from eBay, the box was in bad condition as was mentioned and from a Toy'R'Us sale I picked up Lego Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 79105 Baxter's Robot Rampage as well as some blind packed series 11 mini figures: the Rock Climber again, the Yeti and the Police Constable.

Old 2013-09-28, 08:12 AM   #251
HeavyArms
Unicron

Two Series 11 minifigs: Yeti and the Christmas Elf and Lego Star Wars 75022 Mandalorian Speeder.

Old 2013-09-29, 07:04 AM   #252
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Home Bargains have managed to get some Marvel Legends figures - along with a ton of IM3 and ASM movie toys (not surprised the latter toy range has tanked - its full of hundreds of variants of Spider-Man and sh*t all else). I don't know what wave it is, its the one with Dr Doom, Deadpool (red / X-Force costume variants), Classic Iron Man, US Agent, Punisher and Mystique (whom is oddly labelled 'X-Mutants' for some reason).

As I liked Mystique's short-lived comic book series and rather like the character, I picked her up. Well, at £5 it would be rude not to and beats paying the £20 these things usually cost over here.

Mystique is a pretty cool figure, although she has more guns than she can hold. The figure is weirdly rubbery, which means pegging her onto her display stand is a pain, as is getting her guns to be comfortably grasped in her hands. As she's realised from Clayton Crain's take on the character, she is a bit odd looking and this really isn't helped by the usual ugly balljointed hips (I can honestly see why that guy at Hasbro is trying to simplify the action figure range when it results in toys that, whilst highly articulated, look messy and uncomfortable). Still, at least she hasn't got hilarious man hands like poor old Spider-Woman.

I also got some lovely records. First up, beacuse I am all hip and modern I did buy Chvrches new album ' The Bones Of What You Believe', which is a perfectly agreeable slab of synth-pop with loads of good songs and is rather good. The only marks against it would be that this is exactly the sort of stuff that Yazoo, The Human League and Erasure were doing nearly 30 years ago.

Second up, and not so up-to-the-minute is Pop Will Eat Itself's 'Cure For Sanity' record. I bloody love PWEI. They are ace. I already own this album twice over (on Vinyl and again on CD as a 1991 re-issue with the single mixes for 'X, Y & Zee' and '92F', plus a version of 'Dance Of The Mad' with some live bluster from co-vocalist Clint Mansell from their storming set at Reading that year, which I think flows rather nicely from opener 'The Incredible PWEI vs The Moral Majority' and is my preferred version of the album) and I do feel a bit silly for buying it for the third time, but these Cherry Red reissues have caught my attention.

As well as the album in its original format, you get a second disc of bonus stuff - b-sides, remixes etc. I was reticent to pick this up as, whilst I like all the extra stuff you get on fancy reissues like these, I hate it when they tag all the half-formed demos onto the end of an album so you end up listening to five different takes of the same song. Here they are all sensibily grouped onto a second disc. Best of all though, is the booklet. As well as a 'story so far' that puts PWEIs career into context, there are some excellent notes from guitarist Adam Mole recounting their misadventures touring and recording this album which make this a cut above the usual reissue fare. I am very impressed! and shall now end up buying all the other reissues of PWEI's catalogue (I went for CFS first as its the album of PWEIs I've always listened to the most as I like how it its kind of like having the radio on in the way its put together, with its mix of hip-hop, dance and rock). I am eagerly awaiting the resisue of 'Dos Dedos Mis Amigos' which comes with an entire unreleased album from 1996 which I never knew existed, the band having parted company in this year following a gruelling tour with NIN and Graham Crabb leaving.

Last edited by Skyquake87; 2013-09-29 at 07:23 AM.
Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 09:56 AM   #253
calvin_0
Headmaster

well october still havnt start and i'm already broke, if i knew i would found this figures, i wont order beyond two soul director's edition....

3rd Party MLP Figure, and unlike 3rd party transformer, this are actually licensed, so they are official.

You dont have enough badge to train us!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	funko_pop (Small).jpg
Views:	163
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	9846   Click image for larger version

Name:	pokemon (Small).jpg
Views:	517
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	9847  
calvin_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 01:57 PM   #254
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Pictures, eh? Well...

I've got Max Gokin Mazinkaiser and Aoshima Ankoku Daishogun (Shin Mazinger ver).

Last edited by Tetsuro; 2013-10-01 at 06:21 PM.
Old 2013-10-05, 08:27 AM   #255
HeavyArms
Unicron

Bought a Lego Star Wars 75015 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid last Sunday and a Lego Castle 70402 The Gatehouse Raid on Friday.

Old 2013-10-12, 07:45 AM   #256
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Monster Fighters 9462 The Mummy from K-Mart, which the only store I can find any Monster Fighter sets at.

Old 2013-10-12, 08:21 AM   #257
MarkNL
BF1942 Veteran

Prinsenbeek, The Netherlands

Bought a Hot Wheels Modified Ford Mustang GT a couple of weeks ago. Love that little car.

MarkNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 05:45 AM   #258
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Wound up getting three new toys in the mail today: Ezio from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood as well as 1960s versions of Riddler and Joker.

The sculpting on Ezio is brilliant. I can't remember the last time I bought a Transformer toy that had this much molded detail on it. He is not, however, an especially good toy. He has lots of articulation but very limited poseability because his robes and armour get in the way of his limbs, and doesn't really come with any accessories aside from swappable hands and retractable hidden blades. As a display piece he's lovely though, and a great representation of a guy who's quickly become one of my favourite video game characters of all time.

Riddler is great. Not only is he the spitting image of 60s actor Frank Gorshin, but he's got the scrawny, vaguely pathetic physique that an ultranerd like Riddler should have. Joker isn't quite as dazzling as Riddler, but still quite good -- his bright pinkish suit and the fact that he's got a human-shaped head catapult him ahead of most Joker toys I've seen. And the two of them fit in great among my small collection of Batman villains, alongside Super Powers-styled versions of Penguin and Mr. Freeze.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 09:21 AM   #259
HeavyArms
Unicron

Finally got Lego Marvel Super Heroes 6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle and Lego Monster Fighters 9864 The Vampyre's Hearse.

Old 2013-10-26, 06:05 AM   #260
HeavyArms
Unicron

A statue of Batman holding Joker up menacingly while standing up on the corner of a high rise building.