• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2016-11-19, 04:03 PM   #961
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Couple of Lego Movie sets, The Secret Police Dropship and Bad Cop car chase.

The Dropship is frickin' AMAZING. Whilst Benny's Spaceship is still my favourite LM set, its just a bit too bloody big for its own good. This set does the same job of packing in some fun play features, but is just a bit more manageable to handle. The sliding doors, jail pod and hover jet things are all ace features, as is the cool grappling hook that you can peg a Robo Swat onto. It looks great too, and very fierce. Packs in 8 figures too, which isn't too shabby. Love the Robo Swat dudes.

Bad Cop's car chase is also pretty good. The car is a bit silly - its massive - but I love its beef. Its a bit light on detail, but does what it needs to. Bad Cop also comes with a chair to kick (nice). The best bit of the set for me is the Robo Swat bike. This thing packs in some muscle, but doesn't turn it into some comically overwrought thing. Its just a cool little add-in. The set also comes with a cute Wyldstyle figure with determined and smiley faces. Good stuff!

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-21, 09:43 PM   #962
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Brains, from the Matchbox Thunderbirds line.

The toy store I go to often fills their discount section with old stock (I got a bunch of Space Jam figures last year for like three bucks each), but one from freakin' 1993 has to be some kind of a record.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-22, 09:25 PM   #963
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendocon 2.0 View Post
AND courtesy of toybitch Clay, I have the recent TRU exclusive three pack.
Wait, what? I'm not the toybitch, you are!

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 03:56 PM   #964
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76060 Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum -
Toyworld rented out a local hall to hold a clearance of toys and on the last day I was able to find the Doctor Strange set there.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 01:44 AM   #965
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

Picked up a BS 6" Scarif stormtrooper squad leader.

burnitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-03, 01:11 PM   #966
HeavyArms
Unicron

Picked up a Lego Nexo Knights 70337 Ultimate Lance.

Old 2016-12-05, 03:40 PM   #967
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

More old Kenner toys!

Batman Forever Street Biker Robin
Batman Forever Robin Cycle
Legends of Batman Future Batman

Robin is a fun figure with a load of accessories, I especially like the double grappling hooks doubling as a trapeze for him to hang on, although the saddle bag launcher it a bit naff since it slings over his shoulders awkwardly, it sits there almost as badly as it does on the bike (where it clearly wasn't designed to fit, even though you'd think they'd taken that into consideration). The bike looks really nice with the LoB Batmobile, although it's a lot more detailed and clearly takes more after the Forever Batmobile, and it's displayability is hindered by the ripcord gimmick - said cord is really freakin' long. The funny thing is that this bike is a lot bigger than the Marvel Legends Blade's bike, despite being for a much smaller figure.

Ironically, the Future Batman is a slight letdown - not so much for the toy itself, but for some reason he has a really egregious stress mark on his flight pak wing, and some of his joints feel a little loose - which is rather strange since I bought all of these carded. On the plus side, unlike the Knightquest Batman which I got last month, he looks great even without the backpack, which also hinders his head articulation and makes it difficult for him to actually look like he's aiming the gun he comes with.

Old 2016-12-06, 04:37 PM   #968
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitall View Post
Picked up a BS 6" Scarif stormtrooper squad leader.
Me too. Wonderful figure with fantastic paint apps. While at Walmart, I debated between him and the regular Scarif Stormtrooper. However, the former was on rollback for $16 (the latter wasn't) and the blaster rifle he comes with is way cooler. And I really dig the powder blue on the Squad Leader.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 11:28 PM   #969
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

I went looking for a regular shoretrooper on Sunday. No dice. I'm not too worried about it, things usually turn up in time. I'm going to need a captain, too. It's just a regular trooper with more blue than the squad leader, and the cool rifle.

Old 2016-12-07, 07:00 PM   #970
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitall View Post
I went looking for a regular shoretrooper on Sunday. No dice. I'm not too worried about it, things usually turn up in time. I'm going to need a captain, too. It's just a regular trooper with more blue than the squad leader, and the cool rifle.
They're coming out with a Captain too? Is that the one where the blue goes full up the chest plate?

I understand the regular trooper is available through Walmart.com at a normal price here and there. If you get desperate, you can always pick one up online. Or do the free site-to-store shipping.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 09:18 PM   #971
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

So, Marvel Legends Iron Fist.

I really want to love this. Because it's Danny Rand in the Aja Immortal Iron Fist costume, and because it's the Pizza Spidey model and because it's Marvel Legends and oh my god have you seen the flame effect fist things?

But. I dunno. He just doesn't feel right. It's like he's too tall and the shoulders are too narrow for the character. It just doesn't quite work for me. The trailing parts of the belt and headband feel like they're in the way.

The bandaged fists look great and so do the translucent ones and the flame effects (which can be used with either fist and fit on a lot better than the ones they used for Jubilee - expecting these to be reused for Sunfire). But I'm just a bit underwhelmed.

On the plus side the BAF part he comes with is Dormammu's shoulder armour, and it fits over Danny in quite a hilarious "I am your ridiculous dark lord now!" over-sized manner. So that's good.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 02:25 PM   #972
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
They're coming out with a Captain too? Is that the one where the blue goes full up the chest plate?

I understand the regular trooper is available through Walmart.com at a normal price here and there. If you get desperate, you can always pick one up online. Or do the free site-to-store shipping.
No, they're not coming out with a captain. Not yet anyway. I just want them to! I'll probably get a model kit. I think those have the option to build either a regular, squad leader, or captain. *yes they do.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bandai-Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Model-Kit-Scarif-Stormtrooper-Shoretrooper-Promo-08.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	11263  

Last edited by burnitall; 2016-12-08 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2016-12-09, 04:17 PM   #973
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

SH Figuarts Robo Rider and Bio Rider.

That completes the Black RX figures. I wonder if I should get Road Sector next and complete the Kamen Rider Black series too, or look into getting the Toei Hero Net exclusive version of Apollo Geist since he's probably the rarest (ie. most expensive) of all the Showa era exclusives.

Old 2016-12-10, 04:08 PM   #974
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Star Wars 75145 Eclipse Fighter - The set is based off the Freemaker Chronicles Lego cartoon.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76057 Spider-Man: Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle - The biggest set from the Marvel sub-line and contrary to the name of the Ultimate Spider-Man line, which is based on the cartoon, this set takes inspiration from the comic version of the characters.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: History Of Leonardo - This is a boxset of eight Leonardo action figures ranging from his appearance in the original comic through to the various cartoon, comic and live-action depictions of the character.

Old 2016-12-11, 10:12 PM   #975
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

Got that regular scarif trooper today!

Old 2016-12-15, 05:26 AM   #976
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I grabbed a Power Rangers Legacy Green Ranger! I was only vaguely aware that this line even existed, so I was pretty surprised to see something like this on the shelves. And I've actually been looking around for a decent, inexpensive modern Green Ranger figure for a few years now, so it was an easy impulse buy.

I'm not a super-big Power Rangers fan -- I watched it for a brief while as a kid, but was more interested in toys of the monsters and mechs than the Rangers themselves. And honestly, I think the costume designs are samey and boring with the exception of Tommy here -- the gold chest armour and piping really brings the basic outfit to life. I can't see myself buying any of the other Rangers, at least until they get around to doing a White Ranger, but this figure is the one I definitely had to jump on.

Honestly, after playing with the thing it's probably for the best that I don't want to collect the whole team. It has the same basic articulation as a Marvel Legends figure (functionally, at least), and is about the same size, but quality-wise it's not up to that level. Joints are just a tiny bit loose all over, especially the hips, the ball-swivel wrists are unsightly and plastic looks kinda cheap up close. It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination -- it's leagues better than any given Mattel figure, for one -- but I suppose Hasbro has spoiled me.

It's nice as a one-off oddity to add to my collection, but nowhere near good enough to convince me to spend the $150 or whatever it would take to collect the rest of the team in their less-interesting costumes.

(The same store had the Sandman-wave Legends in stock, but I was doing Christmas shopping and only had enough room to carry one figure, so I wasn't able to grab the couple I wanted. Shocker was honestly a bit of a disappointment, in package at least, but I certainly hope I run across a Symbiote Spidey again soon.)

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 01:11 PM   #977
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Nexo Knights 70321 General Magmar's Siege Machine of Doom -
A lay-by I picked up last week end.

Lego Nexo Knights 70320 Aaron Fox's Aero-Striker V2
Lego Nexo Knights 70319 Macy's Thunder Mace -
Bought from Big W during the Christmas toy sale.

Lego Creator 10254 Winter Holiday Train
LEGO Dimensions Story Pack Ghostbusters
LEGO Dimensions Level Pack Adventure Time
LEGO Dimensions Level Pack - Mission Impossible
LEGO Dimensions Level Pack - Sonic the Hedgehog
LEGO Dimensions Team Pack - Gremlins
LEGO Dimensions Fun Pack - The A-Team
LEGO Dimensions Fun Pack - Tina Goldstein
Lego Snowglobe -
One big order I made from the Lego Shop@Home, interestingly the Dimensions sets were all given a very low price but not actually discounted, maybe a glitch or they decided to reduce the prices for a few weeks due to the teething issues with the game's software issues.

Old 2016-12-19, 09:10 PM   #978
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Got a whole bunch at once!

Some Kenner toys;
Man of Steel Superboy
Legends of Batman Crusader Batman
Legends of Batman Knightquest Batman

In spite of the confusing name, the "Crusader" Batman is the "regular" Batman of the line (ie. classic blue/grey and black costume) while Crusader Robin is some kind of a medieval knight. Likewise, Knightquest Batman is actually Knightfall Azrael - or rather, the pre-fall AzBats when he still had a regular cape to go with his Joe Quesada-designed costume. Crusader Batman gets two spring loaded gimmicks in the form of a missile launcher and a spring-loaded waist which allows him to throw punches, but the latter doesn't work so well, presumably because of having spent 22 years in packaging. AzBats' disc launcher works great, but his extreme pose makes balancing him a pain.

Superboy in the other hand is straight-up regular Superboy from the 90's, with his leather jacket and red gloves. Despite being from a comic book based line, his head sculpt looks a lot nicer than Forever Robin's. He's got an interesting variant of the usual "missile launcher" in the form of having a molded tab on his right arm which allows the spring-loaded gauntlets to snap directly onto his arm and fire by flicking them to the side slightly; it's a neat idea, but doesn't work that great in practice.

Lastly, SH Figuarts Road Sector, completing my Kamen Rider Black/Black RX lineup. Seems like a rule of thumb that if the Rider is a general release but the bike is an exclusive, the former isn't going to fit too well on the latter.

Old 2016-12-24, 12:22 PM   #979
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Nexo Knights Merlok that was included in a book.

Old 2016-12-26, 04:03 AM   #980
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Got a Marvel Legends Punisher for Christmas! It's a good likeness with a good array of accessories, but a few little things take away from it for me.

First off, I love that it comes with two different heads. But the heads are stylized so differently that they don't even look like the same person, and that's a shame. The bandana head looks like Frank is "supposed to", according to my eye anyway, but the alternate head just looks like a random bleary-eyed psychopath. The jawline and cheekbones are just too different to be the same guy.

Another thing is that, as pretty much everyone who buys him will notice, the goddamn Punisher doesn't have "trigger finger" hands! As I understand it, Hasbro hasn't used them with this body mold before, and they probably didn't want do add any extra new tooling for a store exclusive, but it's still egregious considering who this is. It also raises the question of how they can do Machine Man, Cottonmouth and motherfucking Eel as mass releases but an A-lister like Frank here gets shuffled off to Walgreens because they couldn't find an assortment for him.

And then there's the things that only bug me because I actually know a bit about guns. So, Punisher's got a bazooka, which seems a bit like overkill considering the guy usually (as far as I know) only wants to kill his target, not any innocent bystander in a 50 foot radius, but whatever, it looks cool slung over his back at least. He's also got a neat-looking rifle. The problem is that said rifle is an M60 machine gun that's usually either vehicle-mounted or operated by a three-man team (a gunner, a spotter and an ammo mule). And while Frank is badass enough to go Arnie and handle it himself, it's belt-fed and the toy didn't come with an ammo belt, so he can't actually shoot anyone with it. Hasbro clearly knows that, too, since the toy has a molded slot for one (but sadly, it's the wrong size to use with the ammo belt that came with Cable). And the only other weapon choice he comes with is a drum-fed shotgun which would be awesome if it wasn't bizarrely painted white. As if to rub things in, he's got spare ammo molded onto his belt...six pouches for assault rifle clips that he can't use, and a dozen pistol rounds and a couple magazines for the handgun he doesn't come with. I don't know if it's a case where whoever chose the accessories didn't know enough to match them to the belt tooling (or vice versa) or just a case of them having a very limited selection of guns to choose from. Given that he shares two guns with Deadpool, I'd guess the latter. And it's hardly a deal-breaker, just a bit of a head-scratcher.

Altogether it's a good toy, but not as good as it could have been with a tad more thought. Folks who don't know enough about guns to notice the inconsistencies would probably be happy with everything but the lack of trigger finger hands.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote