All your sanity are belong to us...

Old 2002-05-13, 05:22 AM   #305
Galvatron91
Has anger management issues

Keeping the world safe from crappy posts

Quote:
Originally posted by nmathew
---
To the mods: Let us have our fun. This thread has remained civil, and people still seem at least a little interested in it.
don't tempt me...

Old 2002-05-13, 07:41 PM   #306
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

Quote:
Originally posted by S

That tends to be the general creationist attitude... you seek the gaps of evidence and ignore what's actually there. The similarities between chimp and human DNA (and pretty much every other animal we know of) for example are a very good indication of either strikingly similar design (heck, even the mistakes are replicated!) or common ancestry. Absence of sensible comparisons between mitochondria and modern bacteria does by far not apply to the bulk of evidence that favour evolution. As for falsification of evolution, it can be done... just one example would be if someone found a new species of insects with mitochondrial DNA closer to humans than other insects. Or if the creator actually shows up one day and gives us a demonstration of his design process.

Besides, lack of evidence for evolution would not be evidence for even sillier theories like young Earth creationism...:rolleyes:
We don't "ignore" what's "actually there" we just have a different interpretation. So Chimps and people have similar DNA. Big deal. Chimps also have THUMBS on their FEET instead of BIG TOES. What percentage of the DNA does that represent? And HOW does a thumb get TURNED into a big toe like humans have? NO other animal has a foot with a big toe like ours. NO monkey, Lemur, or other simian has it. That's a HUGE difference that I don't see could ever be explained even in terms of mutation.

I read somewhere where someone said our bodies were built with a design that was originally intended for going on all fours. HAVE YOU EVER TRIED THAT?! I have! And I don't mean hands and knees either. The placement on the head on the neck is ALL WRONG for that--you can't see straight ahead you either have to be looking DOWN all the time or you have to strain your neck just to look a little bit up while scrunching your back end down so your ass doesn't stick way up in the air. The shape of the human hand is also ill-equipped for this mode of locomotion--as are the wrists--not to mention the length of the femur compared to the other leg bones. Our legs are too long and our arms are too short for this. Conversely, Chimps have longer arms than they have legs. WE WERE ORIGINALLY MADE TO WALK UPRIGHT!!!

"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Old 2002-05-13, 07:48 PM   #307
Blaster_86

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheba

We don't "ignore" what's "actually there" we just have a different interpretation. So Chimps and people have similar DNA. Big deal. Chimps also have THUMBS on their FEET instead of BIG TOES. What percentage of the DNA does that represent? And HOW does a thumb get TURNED into a big toe like humans have? NO other animal has a foot with a big toe like ours. NO monkey, Lemur, or other simian has it. That's a HUGE difference that I don't see could ever be explained even in terms of mutation.

I read somewhere where someone said our bodies were built with a design that was originally intended for going on all fours. HAVE YOU EVER TRIED THAT?! I have! And I don't mean hands and knees either. The placement on the head on the neck is ALL WRONG for that--you can't see straight ahead you either have to be looking DOWN all the time or you have to strain your neck just to look a little bit up while scrunching your back end down so your ass doesn't stick way up in the air. The shape of the human hand is also ill-equipped for this mode of locomotion--as are the wrists--not to mention the length of the femur compared to the other leg bones. Our legs are too long and our arms are too short for this. Conversely, Chimps have longer arms than they have legs. WE WERE ORIGINALLY MADE TO WALK UPRIGHT!!!
Sheba we are not evolved from monkeys, we are evolved from apes. They tend to walk on two legs and climb. We were enver meant to walk on all fours no. Though because your info about evolutionism is messed up as your source is well bad, that was a waste of my life yet another 30 seconds toast.

Old 2002-05-13, 07:58 PM   #308
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

Quote:
Originally posted by Blaster_86

Sheba we are not evolved from monkeys, we are evolved from apes. They tend to walk on two legs and climb. We were enver meant to walk on all fours no. Though because your info about evolutionism is messed up as your source is well bad, that was a waste of my life yet another 30 seconds toast.
Au contraire. This was from an official creation-bashing website pointed at by S. So it HAS to be "right" then, yes?

Also I think you haven't been watching enough "Nature Shows"--the going theory is NOT that we evolved from Apes, but from a "common ancestor" that they've NEVER found, whatever in blazes that could be.

"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Old 2002-05-13, 08:02 PM   #309
Blaster_86

Quote:

Au contraire. This was from an official creation-bashing website pointed at by S. So it HAS to be "right" then, yes?

Also I think you haven't been watching enough "Nature Shows"--the going theory is NOT that we evolved from Apes, but from a "common ancestor" that they've NEVER found, whatever in blazes that could be.
Big Foot perhaps. The Missing Link as it is referred to could easily be the 'Yeti' or Thy could be wrong and it could be an Ape.
There is a chance we could be chimps it is possible for that evolution to be wrong. Oh well I'm not the scientific 15 year old I state what I know if it's wrong then I was taught something wrong.

*pokes he horse with a stick* It's dead Jim.

Old 2002-05-13, 08:07 PM   #310
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

Quote:

Big Foot perhaps. The Missing Link as it is referred to could easily be the 'Yeti' or Thy could be wrong and it could be an Ape.
There is a chance we could be chimps it is possible for that evolution to be wrong. Oh well I'm not the scientific 15 year old I state what I know if it's wrong then I was taught something wrong.

*pokes he horse with a stick* It's dead Jim.
Ahh yes Bigfoot. Missing link, or some dude in a gorilla costume
hehehe

Old 2002-05-13, 08:12 PM   #311
Blaster_86

Quote:

Ahh yes Bigfoot. Missing link, or some dude in a gorilla costume
hehehe
No Way Two Can Play

Sorta like your god could be an image created by crazy people that ISN'T really there .

Old 2002-05-13, 08:14 PM   #312
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

Quote:

No Way Two Can Play

Sorta like your god could be an image created by crazy people that ISN'T really there .
ohhhhhhhkaayyyyyyyyy....

ahhh you'll see who's right and who's wrong. Eventually. Even if it takes a thousand years...

Old 2002-05-13, 08:17 PM   #313
Blaster_86

Lightbulb

Quote:

ohhhhhhhkaayyyyyyyyy....

ahhh you'll see who's right and who's wrong. Eventually. Even if it takes a thousand years...
'

Do you mean that you are gonna let this thread die and give up? j

dear me, please say yes. This horse is dead you killed it now please stop kicking it sheba. Same with you S.

Old 2002-05-13, 08:27 PM   #314
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

hell no they gonna have to LOCK this thread first

Old 2002-05-13, 08:29 PM   #315
Blaster_86

Quote:
hell no they gonna have to LOCK this thread first
Brend? Sky? G91? 'Flec? Denyer? S-Ghost? Jim? Any mod or admin? Please do the honours.

Old 2002-05-13, 08:48 PM   #316
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

Quote:

Brend? Sky? G91? 'Flec? Denyer? S-Ghost? Jim? Any mod or admin? Please do the honours.
right like they're gonna listen to you

Old 2002-05-13, 08:58 PM   #317
Starscreamsghost
Banned

I will. Somebody put that horse in the trash bin out back.

Old 2002-05-13, 09:09 PM   #318
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile It's probably worth...

Quote:
Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
I will. Somebody put that horse in the trash bin out back.
...mentioning that if anyone wants to begin a fresh topic minus the personal remarks and off-topic verbiage, you're most welcome to. This topic made it a fair distance with decent sociable discussion, but is really getting too long to tidy post-by-post.

Closed Thread