• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2010-11-30, 01:21 PM   #101
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

This might seem like a random/dumb question, but does anyone know how they'd go about figuring out paint matching the head to the figure? Eyeball it? Do they have paint chips that they take down to the local hardware store or something?

the head's colour looks kind of flat in relation to the toy I just saw in a YouTube review vid. Also prefer the toy's actual head, I think. But hey, options are cool.

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 05:30 PM   #102
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
This might seem like a random/dumb question, but does anyone know how they'd go about figuring out paint matching the head to the figure? Eyeball it? Do they have paint chips that they take down to the local hardware store or something.
There are Smartphone apps that you take a photo of something on your phone, tell it what you want to color match, and it spits out the color code for you. As long as they can get their hands on one they can color match it in a few moments. I use one at work on occasion when we need new paint for walls.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 07:14 AM   #103
LKW
Gestalt

fray-adjacent

Interesting, T'wave.

(Also interesting to see someone else form Upstate NY - Central, Western, right above NYC?)

LKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 09:09 AM   #104
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKW View Post
Interesting, T'wave.

(Also interesting to see someone else form Upstate NY - Central, Western, right above NYC?)
Central, actually.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 10:59 PM   #105
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Rhondda Cynon Taff, S.Wales

Currently I have eyes on two completely different Classics Hotrods on the Bay of E, though I'm almost certain to lose both of them due to people being willing to pay absurd amounts in the last 30secs in order to just WIN an auction, which I am not.

If I can't lay hands on a Hotrod, regardless of its condition, I'm not going to put in a preorder for the Protector/Sidearm set.

At first I wasn't sold on any of it and thought the trailer was a bit of a rip, cashing in on something simply because it WOULD sell... but after picking up Defender earlier during the year and already having City Commander, my OCD and the completist in me got together and basically threw a shitfit as December rolled around... so now I'm seriously looking into the possibility of picking the set up.

...Stupid OCD... >:[

glazios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 04:24 PM   #106
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazios View Post
Currently I have eyes on two completely different Classics Hotrods on the Bay of E, though I'm almost certain to lose both of them due to people being willing to pay absurd amounts in the last 30secs in order to just WIN an auction, which I am not.

If I can't lay hands on a Hotrod, regardless of its condition, I'm not going to put in a preorder for the Protector/Sidearm set.

At first I wasn't sold on any of it and thought the trailer was a bit of a rip, cashing in on something simply because it WOULD sell... but after picking up Defender earlier during the year and already having City Commander, my OCD and the completist in me got together and basically threw a shitfit as December rolled around... so now I'm seriously looking into the possibility of picking the set up.

...Stupid OCD... >:[
Shall I discourage you? Or not? I guess it's your call. I have Hot Rod already so I don't have your worries. Few months back I was so keen about this set also and started saving money but now I'm so glad I can use that money on something else and I'm still very happy on how my Hot Rod looks now.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 06:59 PM   #107
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
Shall I discourage you? Or not? I guess it's your call. I have Hot Rod already so I don't have your worries. Few months back I was so keen about this set also and started saving money but now I'm so glad I can use that money on something else and I'm still very happy on how my Hot Rod looks now.
Eh, ignore me. I'm just venting and figured this is the place to do it.

I'd have picked up Classics Hotrod when it was first released, but alas, as was the case with most of the figures in the Classics line, I was without the money or the means to pick it up.

I'm picking up the Protector/Sidearm set just to complete the Movie/Season 3 bunch. I'll probably pick up Kup and Perceptor too - Like I said, I'm a completist, and my OCD doesn't help.

The thing that's mostly pissing me off is having to compete with these lurker assholes on certain auction sites - they don't want the figure, they just want to WIN. Hell, they'll probably put the figure up themselves as soon as they get it and make their money back while they laugh at other people doing the same thing.

*sigh*...Shit, this sucks. _

Old 2010-12-07, 09:16 PM   #108
Paul053

Quote:
The thing that's mostly pissing me off is having to compete with these lurker assholes on certain auction sites - they don't want the figure, they just want to WIN. Hell, they'll probably put the figure up themselves as soon as they get it and make their money back while they laugh at other people doing the same thing.

*sigh*...Shit, this sucks. _
Yeah, and I think right now is a bad timing also. You know, holiday season.

Old 2010-12-07, 10:09 PM   #109
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Quote:
Yeah, and I think right now is a bad timing also. You know, holiday season.
You're not wrong dude, but the Protector will be released soon, barring unforseen delays, and after it is released, the price of the Classics Hotrod figure will take off like a damn rocket, just like the Magnus figure did when FansProject first released the City Commander. Better to get in on the act now while the prices are still, relatively-speaking, within tollerable ranges.

Soon as the Protector is released and it starts selling out, people will be wanting crazy money for the original Hotrod figure MISB or even loose-in-hand; give it a few months, and suddenly they'll start asking whatever the hell they feel like, even if the figure looks like they threw it in a blender, and people desperate enough will part with the cash, just like they did and still do for the Classics Magnus.

And don't even get me started on the bootlegs this thing will churn out. Once the demand gets heated, the bootleggers will have a field day - with the Protector and Classics Hotrod.

Old 2010-12-08, 08:58 PM   #110
Paul053

Quote:
You're not wrong dude, but the Protector will be released soon, barring unforseen delays, and after it is released, the price of the Classics Hotrod figure will take off like a damn rocket, just like the Magnus figure did when FansProject first released the City Commander. Better to get in on the act now while the prices are still, relatively-speaking, within tollerable ranges.

Soon as the Protector is released and it starts selling out, people will be wanting crazy money for the original Hotrod figure MISB or even loose-in-hand; give it a few months, and suddenly they'll start asking whatever the hell they feel like, even if the figure looks like they threw it in a blender, and people desperate enough will part with the cash, just like they did and still do for the Classics Magnus.

And don't even get me started on the bootlegs this thing will churn out. Once the demand gets heated, the bootleggers will have a field day - with the Protector and Classics Hotrod.
I understand that, man. That was just my kibitzer's comment because I have Hot Rod already and not planing on getting the protector set. Good luck on that and maybe you should consider the Battle In Space 2 pack. You get a somewhat lame paint job Hot Rod but also get a decent Cyclonus.

Old 2010-12-08, 09:36 PM   #111
Paul053

Default Headrobots: Blood, new head and weapons for ROTF Bludgeon

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...warrior/20345/

Old 2010-12-08, 10:50 PM   #112
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Quote:
I understand that, man. That was just my kibitzer's comment because I have Hot Rod already and not planing on getting the protector set. Good luck on that and maybe you should consider the Battle In Space 2 pack. You get a somewhat lame paint job Hot Rod but also get a decent Cyclonus.
The auction I was keeping eyes on ended about an hour ago, and I managed to square away the win, so I'm feeling a lot less stressed about the whole thing now; all that remains is to put in my pre-order for the Protector/Sidearm, which I'll likely do once I hear from the seller to confirm payment and shipment.

Don't know what the hell happened to the other bidders during the last half-hour of the auction - they drove the price up to 26.50 (around $40), and then suddenly they all stopped bidding, and I just kinda waited for that last-minute scramble where suddenly there are six people driving the price up for the last 10-15 seconds, which never came.

I'm surprised I won, actually. I certainly wasn't expecting to, and was already looking into other options when the email came through telling me I'd won, and I was like, "Oh... okay... o_O; What just happened?"

Seller's up in London and I live in South Wales, so hopefully I should have the figure in-hand within the next few days or so, end of next week at the latest.

Also, anyone hear any whisperings of an actual release date? After the Crossfire 02 affair, I'm antsy to have a more concrete idea of when this thing will start shipping than 'End of December'. I thought they said it'd be out in-time for Christmas?

Old 2010-12-09, 06:26 AM   #113
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

I might actually have to get that. It fixes the only real problem I have with ROTF Bludgeon.

Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 06:29 AM   #114
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

That is actually pretty fantastic, imo.

I'm assuming you won't have to take it apart to transform the fig...

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 03:47 PM   #115
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Honestly, I like Bludgeon's official head better. Since he's not a Pretender anymore it doesn't really make sense for him to have an organic skull as a face, and the head that Hasbro gave him makes him look like a robotic skeleton. I like it, anyway. The new weapons look really nice though.

Did the Hardhead set they made a while back ever get posted here? I thought that was a pretty cool upgrade.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 04:37 PM   #116
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I hate to say it, but the Bludgeon one looks terrible. Sure, it looks just like he did in the comic, but it doesn't gel one bit with the rest of the figure; it's like bunging Classics Bumblebee's head on the '07 Movie Deluxe. - it might result in a better head design, but that doesn't mean it works with the toy. Personally I thought ROTF Bludgeon made a good fist of retaining a lot of Bludgeon's Pretender shell (fun fact: Bludgeon himself doesn't look anything like his shell, which was presumably added very late in his life - it's not like anyone expects Grimlock to look like his Pretender shell) without looking too silly.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 01:01 AM   #117
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Sonovabi***!

Vange1us has Protector and Sidearm for a pre-release review!
Vangelus Review 119-B - Fansproject TFX-04 Protector Armour

While he doesn't explicitly review the Targetmaster too, the figure is shown in the Protector review, and its a reasonable assumption that he'll do a seperate review on the TFX-05 Sidearm on its own. Assuming someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll ammend this post with a link to that here too, when it appears.

While I'm less of a follower of Vange1us than I am of, say, Peaugh and Optibotimus, I'll keep my criticisims of his reviewing style to myself for the sake of not p*ssing on the bees' nest, as it were.

Make of this review what you will.

In the meantime, does this mean the release will be happening soon? Food for thought. :]

Old 2010-12-10, 04:39 PM   #118
Paul053

Quote:
While he doesn't explicitly review the Targetmaster too, the figure is shown in the Protector review, and its a reasonable assumption that he'll do a seperate review on the TFX-05 Sidearm on its own.
He does. Right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7e4xBggrA

This set still not fully convince me as the Bruticus upgrade. Now I even think they should just make a new mode instead of using the classics Hot Rod as the base. Maybe still the trailer that draws me down.

Old 2010-12-17, 10:34 AM   #119
xbox360
Protoform

BBTS will have them soon, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they don't already have them same as TFsource. You'll notice they say they haven't even unpacked them yet and it will take a few days to process orders. Possibly just a tactic to steal a few more last minute pre-orders from other retailers for those in hopes of getting this a little quicker. Not hating on them for it, I would do the same thing.

xbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 08:35 PM   #120
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
BBTS will have them soon, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they don't already have them same as TFsource. You'll notice they say they haven't even unpacked them yet and it will take a few days to process orders. Possibly just a tactic to steal a few more last minute pre-orders from other retailers for those in hopes of getting this a little quicker. Not hating on them for it, I would do the same thing.
Well that's nice and stuff, but I wish they'd just hurry up and start shipping the damn things already. We had 8 inches of snow last night, it's a week to frikkin' Christmas, and it's going to take its time getting here as it is.

***sakes, just post my damn preorder already!

Yes, I'm impatient. Deal with it - I have to.

EDIT:
Hmm... Seems they heard me ranting. They shipped out my order nearly an hour ago (00:09GMT), though USPS doesn't have it yet. Fixed it so USPS emails me when there's any kind of progress. I can stop pacing now.

Here's hoping the snow clears a bit tomorrow so they can get the airports open for Monday...

Last edited by glazios; 2010-12-19 at 01:02 AM.