It was okay 7 19.44%
Yes, it was better than the first 5 13.89%
other 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-06-20, 08:47 AM   #21
tf_nerds_wife2b
Protoform

Burton Upon Trent

I saw the first showing of the film yesterday at my local cinema and thought it was fantastic.

Loved Skids and Mudflap and of course Jetfire!

The only bit I thought was random and a bit pointless was when Sams mom was eating the cannabis, but maybe i missed something there?!!

tf_nerds_wife2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 08:55 AM   #22
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PS3 KILLeR View Post
Just keep in mind the spoiler tags
No need, the film's out now and the thread's tagged as having spoilers.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 09:24 AM   #23
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
No need, the film's out now and the thread's tagged as having spoilers.
I've said it before and i'll say it again It's not out here!All i'm asking for is for you to show a little sportsmanship to us who don't even have the option to see it yet. All I asked for was for major spoilers not a flood of them you seem to have taken me out of context. We still used them in the spoiler thread didn't we? what was the point there?

By the way the size 4 "It's not out here!" is not me yelling it's just me making it clear to the whole world what i'm trying to say.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkf...Mg0GqQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
The PS3 KILLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 09:45 AM   #24
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
All I asked for was for major spoilers not a flood of them

There's no reason everyone else should tag stuff you personally don't want to read in a forum that's specifically about the films and a thread that's already marked as containing spoilers.

Old 2009-06-20, 09:52 AM   #25
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

Quote:
I've said it before and i'll say it again It's not out here!All i'm asking for is for you to show a little sportsmanship to us who don't even have the option to see it yet. All I asked for was for major spoilers not a flood of them you seem to have taken me out of context. We still used them in the spoiler thread didn't we? what was the point there?

By the way the size 4 "It's not out here!" is not me yelling it's just me making it clear to the whole world what i'm trying to say.
This thread is clearly marked, both in the thread title and at the top of the first post, as containing unmarked spoilers. That means that if you read it, you should expect spoilers.

The spoiler policy for the NEWS threads is completely different to that for the open discussion forums. If you don't want spoilers, don't read spoiler discussions and then complain about the lack of tags. It's common sense.

And also quite ludicrous if you're asking at the same time whether or not Mudflap dies.* It shows that you personally aren't really bothered about finding out the information, so I don't see why you're making such a big issue out of it.

You've been told by one staff member already, now you've been told by another. Do not push the issue. Especially as you were banned very recently for backchatting an admin who made a very straightforward request of you.

Back to topic. I will not tolerate any further pursuit of the issue in this thread.

Cheers!

SPOILER! (select to read)
He does. In hideous fashion. Am I telling the truth or lying to make a point? Time will tell.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 09:54 AM   #26
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post

There's no reason everyone else should tag stuff you personally don't want to read in a forum that's specifically about the films and a thread that's already marked as containing spoilers.
I personally want to know as much as I can about it I really don't care if it has a tag on it or not. I'm just thinking about the folks who haven't seen it and want to keep somethings un-spoiled. It's like you guys forgot about us, and I'm just giving the average person a voice. I'm not fussing about it, just want everybody to think in a wider range. I keep things in mind about the Uk when i'm posting why can't you people from the UK do the same for us? I'm gonna end this here cause theres nothing else to say about it.

what's this i'm hearing about devs balls?

EDIT: I typed this before I read your post halfshell it wasn't there when I started.
SPOILER! (select to read)
mudflap gets eaten by devs doesn't he? just going off the trailer.

Last edited by The PS3 KILLeR; 2009-06-20 at 10:13 AM.
Old 2009-06-20, 10:05 AM   #27
Halfshell

Smile

Quote:
I keep things in mind about the Uk when i'm posting why can't you people from the UK do the same for us?
We do. That's why the thread's clearly marked as a spoiler discussion.

End of.

Quote:
what's this i'm hearing about devs balls?
If you actually want to know, being made of construction machines, there's a couple of ball-style crane hooks (possibly one and a counterweight, thinking about it) in his composition. They swing freely between his legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl1984
am's roommate who served no purpose whatsoever
He got them to Simmons. And then served as a foil for Awesome John Turturro.

"One man! Alone!"
"You're not alone!"
"One man! Alone!"

Old 2009-06-20, 10:09 AM   #28
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
It's like you guys forgot about us
Yes, I forgot about you by adding a forum about the subject that anyone can make threads in to ask questions.

Quote:
Are you actually aware of the extent to which many of your posts are like strutting around a bullfighting town in a red t-shirt? Not just the fact you bother with the shift key, punctuation and paragraphs far less most of the time, the general tone.

Old 2009-06-20, 10:10 AM   #29
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post

If you actually want to know, being made of construction machines, there's a couple of ball-style crane hooks (possibly one and a counterweight, thinking about it) in his composition. They swing freely between his legs.
meh I was thinking more along the lines of Simmons hitting them with a RPG or something.

Old 2009-06-20, 11:55 AM   #30
Prowl1984
Tick-Tock

What would Deadpool do?

Quote:

He got them to Simmons. And then served as a foil for Awesome John Turturro.

"One man! Alone!"
"You're not alone!"
"One man! Alone!"
yeah that bit was pretty funny thinking back on it. the decepti-balls p***ed me off though. i just think that alot of this film was ruined by an abundance if really bad comedy. the scenes with sams parents seemed too long to be consistently funny, it's like they were trying too hard. The Twins were just a massive waste of space and didn't have one funny moment between them, and what the hell was the deal with the goofy teeth and ears!?

by the end of the film i could only think about the bad parts.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005
Prowl1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 11:59 AM   #31
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl1984 View Post
yeah that bit was pretty funny thinking back on it. the decepti-balls p***ed me off though. i just think that alot of this film was ruined by an abundance if really bad comedy. the scenes with sams parents seemed too long to be consistently funny, it's like they were trying too hard. The Twins were just a massive waste of space and didn't have one funny moment between them, and what the hell was the deal with the goofy teeth and ears!?

by the end of the film i could only think about the bad parts.
The hardest thing for me to deal with in terms of the twins was how they looked, their personalities did get kind of annoying, but only until they double teamed Devs and showed that they could actually be pretty cool, but the way they looked was completely unforgivable.

CounterPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 12:04 PM   #32
Halfshell

Smile

Agreed on the parents scenes generally being overstretched. But I loved the twins and their constant bickering and alpha male fighting. It's like Double Chris Turk. It follows on from Jazz being a hip hop idiot, but actually worked for me this time out.

Old 2009-06-20, 12:22 PM   #33
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Agreed on the parents scenes generally being overstretched. But I loved the twins and their constant bickering and alpha male fighting. It's like Double Chris Turk. It follows on from Jazz being a hip hop idiot, but actually worked for me this time out.
Yeah - I was dubious of the Twins before seeing the film, but they behaved just like me and my brothers, which I found very funny. And they do pull together and show their stuff taking on Devastator, which was endearing. And, momentarily upsetting even - despite the rollercoaster of emotional death scenes prior (and after) this.

And as I have said a few times, I really think the comedy is essential to counterbalance the dark elements, but, more importantly, the total rediculous nature of the general concept of alien robots that transform in to cars.

Tongue-in-cheek and poking fun at yourself is the only way to deliver on this subject in a live-action film that will appeal to a wide audience. And it's an element that was lost for a while in Hollywood blockbusters - with, in my mind, the Mummy bringing it back. Long may it remain!

And Devastator's balls are great. Hilarious stuff.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 01:31 PM   #34
Shield Strike
Powermaster

Yam Yam Land

Hehe! Devastators balls were class. "Aim for the scrotum!".

I thought the twins were pretty funny to be honest. Especially some of the one liners, "Yeah, that's cos you a pussy!" was my favourite.

I agree about the humour counter balancing the darker tone, my Mum asked me if she'd like it and I said that some bits you'd laugh at but the violence wouldn't really be her thing. If you took out all the funny stuff you'd be left with a pretty depressing film.

Shield Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 07:21 PM   #35
electro girl
Tall child, holding a beer.

Robot Republic of Yorkshire.

I thought that it was really good with more focus on the characters and stuff but to put a fine point on it...
Good
-Robots!
-Prime kicking arse in the woods
-old man Jetfire
-a more badass Bumblebee
-pretender
-Ravage and his kitty-cannon
-Devs and his balls
-all them robots fighting n stuff
-and many more that dosent imediatley spring to mind

Bad
-Skids
-Mudflap
-Weelie
-childish humour
-confusion surrounding devs

-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
electro girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 01:36 AM   #36
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Even though it's just basically an expansion of the Scramble City premise.
Well, Scramble City on steroids, mind. I guess that's what Hasbro meant at Botcon when they said that not all of the Constructicons would be getting larger toys than the Legends set. Looking at the crane from it, it's apparent that not all of the components really had individual modes in mind anyway...

Even so, the little front-end loader worked out nice, but those are hard to screw up, I imagine.

Clay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 03:25 AM   #37
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Quote:
(who I've just discovered is Tony Todd, Dalek's going to love this film to death)
Tony Todd was in Smallville I ****ing hate that show. Your logic is flawed!

Quote:
[EDIT] Oh, also loved the little nods of the Chief of Staff being called Morshower

I loved all the NEST stuff mainly because his bits were so obviously written for John Voight. "He's so busy doing 24 we'll just get this other guy from the first film... who's also in 24".

Quote:
[EDIT AGAIN] Shit. Seriously, can't believe I forgot this (well I can, there was a lot to remember and forgive me for not making detailed ****ing notes puh-leeze). Deep Roy? Seriously? Was it? Fantastic.

IMDB doesn't list him, but IMDB lists a voice credit for Frenzy - whose head was in Simmons' lair. That was awesome too.
If that wasn't Deep Roy I'll be genuinely worried about how there can be two people looking like that. Lets salute the only person on Earth to have done Doctor Who, X-Files, Star Trek, Star Wars, Transformers and The New Avengers. And that's just his unembarrassed classic TV appearances. Am I right in thinking now he's done a Egyptian he's played every nationality his ethnicity might double for?

As for the film: I liked it. I think reviews that complained there were to many Transformers were missing the point, this isn't a film about super hero teams where you'd expect each member to at least have a token bit with their powers, this is a film about armies at war. The Decepticons at the end (who had a explanation for where they came from) were soldiers, pure and simple with no more exploration of their character needed than you needed to know what the third human soldier on the left in that final battle thought of it all. Perhaps my brain was making bizarre connections but it all felt a bit Zulu towards the end (the good guys hugely outnumbered by the villains with everyone fighting on despite the odds).

The reuse of character models from the first film did confuse me a bit though, mainly because Barricade could have fulfilled one of those roles and it was strange a brand new character (Sideways?) was introduced and killed straight away when that sequence could have been given to a generic reuse of animation and the new character/toy given something really impressive to do in either the wood or desert sequences.

You know, I never thought the Buster/matrix arc would ever be the jumping off point for a film, but in retrospect it makes perfect sense because it gives a good reason to keep the human involved in the action. And was it me or was the "Any last requests?" bit from Optimus a homage to that Rodimus moment from Wanted: Galvatron Dead Or Alive?

The strangest moment for me was, and lets not forget I'm the guy who loved the masturbation gag from the first one, but I really found where the Pretenders first "tail" popped out from slightly distasteful.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 03:30 PM   #38
Shield Strike
Powermaster

Yam Yam Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
The strangest moment for me was, and lets not forget I'm the guy who loved the masturbation gag from the first one, but I really found where the Pretenders first "tail" popped out from slightly distasteful.
Yeah it was a bit strange, but at least we got a cheeky glimpse of her arse. Which was nice.

Shield Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 06:22 PM   #39
Prowl1984
Tick-Tock

What would Deadpool do?

when i first heard that there was going to be a pretender in it i was skeptical but they pulled it off nicely even if it did seem a little T3 at times.

Ravage really was brilliant wasn't he? the scene where he's fleeing the Military base and laying down covering fire was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield Strike
If you took out all the funny stuff you'd be left with a pretty depressing film.
i'm not saying they should take out all the comedy, just curb it a little. it was all a little OTT for me, especially seeing as (IMO) they achieved a perfect balance in the first film.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005
Prowl1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 06:31 PM   #40
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

On reflection the film could probabpy have done with a extra five minuets to wrap up some of the lose ends, most obviously the military sub plot which basically gets forgotten about after they push the guy out the airplane. Are the Autobots going to get kicked of the planet? Is Lennox out the army for good (true he saved the world but "Well you see Sir I had to help destroy a major Egyptian landmark because there was a sun destroying weapon in it" might not sound so convincing).

One irony is the Obama administration comes across a lot worse than Bush's did in the first one (though I assume there's nothing political in there as they'd have filmed before the election with his name being a bit of later ADR).

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote