• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2010-05-22, 06:13 AM   #201
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Bought Red Dead Redemption Collector's edition (PS3) on Friday, and am currently downloading Penny Arcade: Precipice Of Darkness or what ever it's called, on PS3 as well as the second bit of DLC for RE 5: Desperate Escape.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 01:09 AM   #202
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

So when in the world is Mario Kart going to drop in price for the Wii? I'd like to get it, but I really have a problem paying $50 for a game.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 03:51 AM   #203
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

It's probably never going to drop. Like most first-party Nintendo titles, Mario Kart is what some call an "evergreen," title, which means that it remains popular and continues to sell well throughout the life of the game system. If you look at the retail sales numbers, there are several Nintendo published titles that remain on the top 10-20 charts for months or years at a time.

If you don't want to pay $50 for it, you're going to have to get it used.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 09:41 AM   #204
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Talking

I've had a good couple of gaming weeks, picked up some choice titles for the DS that I've been interested in for a while now:

- Henry Hatsworth & the Puzzling Adventure
- Ninjatown

I recommend both. Ninjatown is a tower defence game, which is an off-shoot game type developed from the back of a Starcraft level where you had to defend a terran outpost from an invansion of Zerg in a 20-minute time limit.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. Apparently there's loads of Flash-based net games based on the tower defence theme, but this is the first one I've played since Starcraft. All the Ninja's are pretty good fun. I especially love 'Buisness ninja', hyped up on caffiene and stress (which makes him faster than other ninja's), with his little tie flailing in the wind who twats enemies with his cell phone.

Then yesterday I got four PS2 games for 49p each from GAME:

- R-Type Final
- TT Superbike
- Jak II: Renegade
- Spiderman 2

Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 05:29 AM   #205
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Matrix Keeper

Nor Cal

I just picked up Mario Galaxy 2. Love the unique gameplay.

dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 02:11 PM   #206
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron View Post
I just picked up Mario Galaxy 2. Love the unique gameplay.
I've been debating on picking that up. I have the first Mario Galaxy, which is phenomenal, and I've heard that 2 adds to it in all good ways. Trouble is, I recently got Monster Hunter Tri, F-Zero GX, and Wii Fit Plus. Now I'm out of store credit at Gamestop and have already preordered TF: War for Cybertron (or should I say 'Cybertron Adventures') for the Wii. Don't think I can swing another new game buy the wife...

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 01:41 AM   #207
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

I'm loving Red Dead Redemption, but I flipped my shit yesterday when I saw DOOM II on XBLA. Our school year's almost over, and I have a very close association between that game, summer, Kool-Aid, and burritos. I got some achievements to get the shirt my avatar's wearing, and then I quit playing. I'm so saving it for the real summer.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 03:43 AM   #208
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

Got UFC Undisputed 2010 a couple days ago, it's pretty frustrating. I pre-ordered the new Transformers game at Gamestop, too.

burnitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 09:16 AM   #209
Wildrider
Death blossom deployed!

Sneaking out the back door since 1978

Finally picked up a copy of 'Halo 3' for five English pounds, I'm inconsistant with games and haven't finished one for years, I still haven't finished the original 'Gears of War', mostly due to my inability to kill the second beserker that appears in the game.

I remember finishing 'Halo 2' in record time and so to avoid this I tried 'Halo 3' in heroic, big mistake.....man I got creamed.

It's part of my long term plan to finish '3', 'Halo Wars' and 'ODST' before 'Halo Reach' comes out, just so I can enjoy the story of it all.

Sadly I find my lack of gaming skills disturbing.

Wildrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 03:04 PM   #210
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Bought Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 on Wednesday, and am downloading Syphon Filter 1 and 3 on the PSN, now I just wish they would release the second game on the PSN, because, quite frankly, having the 1st and the 3rd on the network and not the 2nd makes no sense.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 03:38 PM   #211
miked23
Powermaster

Burlington, Ontario Canada

Red Dead Redemption!!!!!

miked23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 08:05 AM   #212
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Matrix Keeper

Nor Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildrider View Post
Finally picked up a copy of 'Halo 3' for five English pounds,

I remember finishing 'Halo 2' in record time and so to avoid this I tried 'Halo 3' in heroic, big mistake.....man I got creamed.

It's part of my long term plan to finish '3', 'Halo Wars' and 'ODST' before 'Halo Reach' comes out, just so I can enjoy the story of it all.

Sadly I find my lack of gaming skills disturbing.
Halo 3 is the one exception that if you wait almost 2 years to get it, you can still have a great amount of gamers still online playing it. Can't go wrong there. You can easily beat the game on Legendary if you go through it with someone else.

Just finished the Lost in Nightmares DLC for Resident Evil 5. Man, beating that on professional was a pain in the ass!

dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 05:34 PM   #213
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Picked up Transformers: War for Cybertron today. If it ever finishes installing on my PS3, I'll be able to give it a shot.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 07:07 PM   #214
Sixswitch
Rameses Niblik The Third, Kerplunk Kerplunk, Whoops, Where's My Thribble

Sent to outer space, to find another happy place.

Downloaded Perfect Dark on XBox Live last night. I missed it the first time around. Good times.

-Ss

I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Sixswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 08:25 PM   #215
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Got TFWFC today, will try it tonight. Hopefully the installation won't take too long, and hopefully no PS3 system update. The user manual book is pretty lame, though.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 02:37 AM   #216
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

Got Transformers WFC today, after a nice long walk. I'm watching my little nephew play it, it's quite nice looking. Megatron's cliche bad guy voice is becoming annoying.

burnitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 04:09 AM   #217
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

My boyfriend picked up our copies of WFC today... I didn't decide till the last minute that I wanted my own copy, so I'm going to have to wait until the characters are downloadable content to play as any of them.

EB didn't have his Shockwave for him, either... there was some sort of mixup and they ended up with an extra Shockwave for the PS3 version and are missing one for the Xbox, or something.

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 04:18 PM   #218
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

So how exactly does that work? Do they have a separate disc that you have to store to your harddrive, or is Shockwave on a flashdrive, or what? I don't have either a PS3 or X360, so no clue as to what they would do. On my Atari when I wanted Megatron to be in Space Invaders, I had to cut him out of paper and tape him to the screen.

Edit: Just had my first experience with Steam. They have Deus Ex I and II for $4.98 total. Couldn't pass that up. Any hidden fees or traps I should be aware of with Steam?

Last edited by Notabot; 2010-06-23 at 08:51 PM.
Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 04:27 AM   #219
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Smile

The store generally send you home with a little card that has a code on it, and afaik you're supposed to enter that code on your system and you'll get a download. But apparently, it hasn't been that simple:

http://tfarchive.com/community/showt...=47893&page=10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderwave View Post
...that unlocking is a hassle, or at least it was for me. You have to go to the Gamestop site to get the web address for the proper Activision site to punch in your code so they can give you another code to punch into your 360. Why in the bloody blue blazes couldn't Gamestop print the code on the damned receipt instead of Activision's little BS one?

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook

Last edited by Sades; 2010-06-24 at 04:41 AM.
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 03:08 PM   #220
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

I plan on buying War for Cybertron. If it ever arrives...

All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Catalyst Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote