• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2013-08-18, 03:44 AM   #1001
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Downloaded Crackdown a couple weeks ago as a freebie from 'Games with Gold', and just downloaded Dead Rising 2 & Case Zero through the same deal.

Haven't played either due to my enormous backlog, nor will I get to them anytime soon. Just had to download for free though!

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 05:26 AM   #1002
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Picked up Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. Haven't even bought my 3DS yet but this isnt strange for me, i've always gotten a game for a system i want before i've gotten the system. Basicly to set in my mind "ok i've gotta buy this now ive got a game for it.". Hell i had 3 360 games a month before i got my 360! Only system i won't be able to do this for is xbox one, for obvious reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkf...Mg0GqQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
The PS3 KILLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 02:12 AM   #1003
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Picked up steeldiver for 3DS for only $9.99. still dont have my 3DS yet but at that price i couldn't pass it up, even if the game is total trash or not!

Old 2013-08-20, 06:41 PM   #1004
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

I had a $5 Rewards coupon at Best Buy, and the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus collection was on sale for $15 this week. I've been eyeballing this one from some good reviews I read, and figured for $10 it's worth a shot.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 09:19 PM   #1005
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PS3 KILLeR View Post
Picked up Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. Haven't even bought my 3DS yet but this isnt strange for me, i've always gotten a game for a system i want before i've gotten the system. Basicly to set in my mind "ok i've gotta buy this now ive got a game for it.". Hell i had 3 360 games a month before i got my 360! Only system i won't be able to do this for is xbox one, for obvious reasons.
Quote:
Picked up steeldiver for 3DS for only $9.99. still dont have my 3DS yet but at that price i couldn't pass it up, even if the game is total trash or not!
Did you make your decision on XL or not?

I only have the original model that I picked up a month or so ago, and it's fantastic. I don't have any experience with the XL, but it seems that portability is somewhat lost on that size of a system.

Old 2013-08-21, 05:45 PM   #1006
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
I had a $5 Rewards coupon at Best Buy, and the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus collection was on sale for $15 this week. I've been eyeballing this one from some good reviews I read, and figured for $10 it's worth a shot.
Ico is awesome I remember it fondly. Shadow of the Colossus however I couldn't really get away with -- probably bad timing on my part more than anything. I have the HD remasters as part of the PS+ freebies for a rainy day

Twitter - @stncldskywarp PS4 - StoneColdSkywarp
StoneCold Skywarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 08:25 PM   #1007
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

England has a few of those, don't they?

Old 2013-08-21, 08:49 PM   #1008
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post

England has a few of those, don't they?
More than it's fair share, sure!

If I played a game every genuine rainy day we had I'd be well ahead of the curve. Hell, I might have played more than half an hour of Farcry 3 or Skyrim.

Gaming's not what it used to be for me.

Twitter - @stncldskywarp PS4 - StoneColdSkywarp
StoneCold Skywarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 05:28 AM   #1009
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Did you make your decision on XL or not?

I only have the original model that I picked up a month or so ago, and it's fantastic. I don't have any experience with the XL, but it seems that portability is somewhat lost on that size of a system.
Sorta... Had my folks cover half the cost and I won't get it till Christmas when go to visit but it's ordered and on its way. I tried both normal and XL and I greatly preferred the xls bigger screen. And I don't really take my portable systems anywhere, I mainly buy em for the games they offer not for gaming on the go so the size doesn't matter much to me when it comes to that.

Old 2013-08-22, 05:32 AM   #1010
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Payday 2 collectors edition FINALLY came in! And boy is this game hard playin solo! You really gotta treat it like an RPG and grind on lower level heists. Lovin every minute of it! I've got a review going up late friday on my YouTube channel if anyone is interested, probably not.

Old 2013-08-22, 01:13 PM   #1011
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Sorta... Had my folks cover half the cost and I won't get it till Christmas when go to visit but it's ordered and on its way. I tried both normal and XL and I greatly preferred the xls bigger screen. And I don't really take my portable systems anywhere, I mainly buy em for the games they offer not for gaming on the go so the size doesn't matter much to me when it comes to that.
Cool. I've seen the XL's in stores and the big screen is very nice. For me, portability was a key since we were taking a trip to visit family and it came in mighty handy. Plus, with a bunch of trade-in credit to my local gaming store, it was only $30 for the system, and they didn't have any XL's. Couldn't pass that up.

By the way, if you get a chance to get Kid Icarus: Uprising for a good price, I recommend it. It's got a style just like Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii (made by the same guy) and it's fast paced and fun. The controls cramp your left hand a bit, but I got used to it and enjoyed every minute!

And I also fully recommend Pushmo on the eShop. It's a fantastic, laid back puzzler for only $7. And you get to play as a sumo cat named Mallo. That's awesome.

Old 2013-08-23, 07:42 PM   #1012
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

Saints Row IV on Xbox 360. The game is FUN. The story's comdey elememts overpowers it's dramatic elements where IMHO the more serious moments feel out of place. Also once you get superpowers using any vehicals becomes a drag.

There are a LOT of sci-fi in-jokes including several guns that are straight out Star Wars, Blade Runner, Star Trek, Firefly, and Robocop. The songs include "The Touch" by Stan Bush and is used when the hero is approaching the villain for the final battle there is even 3 lines for TF:TM quoted by the hero and villain!

There are so a couple a very funny video game homages (the Metal Gear Solid is really good).

The super powers were more fun than I thought they were be. I love the super jump.

The major disapointment is the whole POTUS angle. It's used at the begining but after the aliens abduct you and the crew it's just a few lines of dialoge (sometimes funny) and it's not a big deal as it's made out to be in the trailers and TV spots.

The ending sets up what Saints Row V might be about.

If you're a fan of the series then you should pick this game up, if you're not a fan you should pick it up. It's not the greatest game every made but it's still loads of fun.

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 07:29 AM   #1013
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

I recently picked up Splinter Cell: Blacklist 5th Freedom collectors edition and it comes with a surprisingly thick graphic novel and a statue of Sam Fisher.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 08:10 AM   #1014
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
I recently picked up Splinter Cell: Blacklist 5th Freedom collectors edition and it comes with a surprisingly thick graphic novel and a statue of Sam Fisher.
Why must all other countries but america get the awesome Collectors editions? For the past couple years we've been getting crappy ones if we get them at all! Ubisoft games are the worst, they are either too skimpy are too expensive IF we get them at all!

Blacklist's CE over here is a prime example of too expensive. I think it was $180 and it came with a stupid remote control plane the size of my car! That's cool and all but is it worth triple the cost? Another CE that pisses me off is the COD Ghosts prestige edition... $200?!?! Nope sorry Activision you can keep that stupid camera.

I'm just glad the Watchdogs one came over here, wish it came with the hat but we get the mask and statue in the same box. which is something the UK, and maybe the rest of the world not sure, doesn't get so that's cool i guess...

Old 2013-08-26, 12:30 AM   #1015
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Went in to GameStop and came out with.....

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies for the DS. Found it used and super cheap, and enjoyed playing the original Dragon Quest ages ago, so figured, "Why not?"

And, with the ever handy eShop card, I got.....

Steamworld Dig:. Take a bit of Metroid, a lot of Dig Dug, add in Steampunk, and have fun.

Crimson Shroud:. Fun. Like playing a tabletop RPG without the tabletop. Or gamers who memorize the rule book and try to argue with the DM.

And Mega Man VI, just because I like having all my Blue Bomber titles portable. Now if somebody can get Nintendo to put Mega Man &Bass on the eShop, I'll be happy.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 11:47 PM   #1016
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Got New super Luigi U for my Wii U, gotta say this is really fun! Way better than new super Mario Bros U. Harder in every way except when you play as nabbit. You literally can't die, unless you fall in lava or something. So noobish but hey it's fun so don't judge me!

Old 2013-09-03, 10:18 AM   #1017
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

I know nobody on here gives a rat's ass about this but I downloaded the new map pack for black ops 2. The new zombie map is simply the best thing in the series! Me and my Best bud have been playing it every chance we can get! There's just something about the diesel-punk WWI setting that just keeps us coming back for more! The map itself is pretty easy but there's no way we can beat it as it requires 4 players, plus it's supposed to be hard as 3day old cat poop to beat. So any brave souls on here want a try it with us your more than welcome to pop me an invite. Gamer tag is in my signature. Just tell me where your from so I won't ignore you cause since I started posting YouTube videos I've gotten a lot of spam. Also you can actually beat this map which is a first and it has an ending cutscene! Pretty freakin sweet I'd say.

Old 2013-09-03, 09:40 PM   #1018
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Not a game acquisition, but I suppose this makes the cut here:

I picked up a new controller for my PS3, though a 3rd party one, and it's damn comfy to handle. It's a nice little wireless one built by Power A (someone I have never heard of before) but it is built well and was only $30. It's stylized exactly like the 360 controller, so I'm a happy gamer at the moment. The buttons are nice and soft to push, unlike the Afterglow one I have (quite clicky). The sticks are rubberized so they grip well, and the L2/R2 triggers are concave so they fit the fingers well. If you're looking for an inexpensive wireless controller for the PS3 and you fancy the 360 design, This is a good one. The only odd-ball thing is it requiring 3 AAA batteries instead of a built in Li-ion. Oh well. You can't win it all for $30!

Old 2013-09-03, 10:14 PM   #1019
angloconvoy
Big Metal Person

Ichihara, Japan

Just get 6 enerloops and always cycle them on charge. That'll save you grief. Like how I always keep one PS3 controller on charge, then when the one I'm using goes dead, plug in the other one. That way I've always got one ready.
I was never a big fan of the xbox controllers myself but different strokes and whatnot. Nice to hear third party controllers can actually be comfortable these days though. I've never had much luck with them myself, either the d-pad was too loose or the buttons were a bit spongy, that kind of thing.

angloconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 03:57 PM   #1020
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

I have a controller twin in Japan! I do the same thing with my 2 PS3 controllers, we use Eneloops for the Wii controllers, and I don't like the Xbox controller.
We have a couple 3rd party Wii nunchucks, but they wear out very, very quickly and are a little wonky even before they wear out. I keep thinking about a third PS3 controller, but since we rarely do 2 player games much less want to do 3, I'm thinking it would be a wasted $50.