• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2013-09-04, 07:37 PM   #1021
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

I had done my research ahead of time on this one, so I knew what wonky parts to expect ahead of time. Most of the complaints dealt with a dead zone on the sticks - most of which were complaints using CoD, and twitch reflexes. With my crappy CoD skills, a dead zone on the sticks really isn't hindering my K/D ratio.

I used to use fast-charge energizer AA batteries for my Wiimotes, but that mostly went by the wayside when they started to die off and I began playing more 360/PS3. I will definitely have to look into Eneloops though!

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:54 PM   #1022
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

I caved... i picked up Disney Infinity... and I couldn't be any happier with it!!! The way the game starts out is magical, but they also troll you and show you all the characters that you can't buy yet, like Woody, Jack Skellington, and Wreck-it Ralph!

Each playset will take about 3-5 hours to complete and up to 10 hours to master and 100%. This is not a simple skylanders clone, the only thing they have in common is that they both use NFC figures on a display stand. Each playset is open world and decently sized, Inrediblies is kinda bland and boring but it may be more fun in co-op. you can complete each playset solo with only one figure, but to 100% you'll have to dish out a lot of money.

Toy box mode is pretty fun not as deep as minecraft, little big planet, or even project spark but you can make some pretty nice things in there. Right now I suck at it and I don't have too much unlocked but give me time and maybe it'll click. controls in toy box aren't as simple as they could be but not to hard to get around.

The difficulty is so bi-polar in this game it's not even funny, this is best showcased in the Pirates playset. At times it was crazy stupid how easy it was, other times it had me about ready to throw my controller out the window. Be mindful this is not a mindless kids game.

Overall I'd say this is a great buy if you love Disney, have kids to play with, or just wanta feel like a kid again yourself. The price may be a little high for it all, but i can promise you wont regret it!

9.8/10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkf...Mg0GqQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
The PS3 KILLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 05:59 AM   #1023
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Killzone: Mercenary on PS Vita, that also came with a Helghast Sackboy.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 06:16 AM   #1024
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Forgot to mention that I picked up AC: Brotherhood a couple weeks ago. I'm nearly done it now and it's my favourite of the three, though as was said a while back the series has basically given up any pretense of being about assassination (the main story has exactly one in-depth assassination sequence to it) to become an open-world adventure game. But it's a great open-world adventure game, and one that I'm quite happy with. I can definitely see why people who liked the methodical approach of the first game would be cold to the series moving in this direction, though.

The best part of the game by far, in my books, is that even when he starts out in Rome with most of his gear missing, Ezio still feels just as badass as he did at the end of the last game. He's got lower-quality gear but almost of his abilities from ACII are intact, so he can tear through tissue-paper mooks right from the get-go and the game compensates by throwing bigger and badder challenges at him quickly. That's something so many sequels get wrong, resetting their protagonists to zero and forcing you to slog through most of the game before they feel like an awesome killing machine again.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 09:40 AM   #1025
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I'm nearly done it now and it's my favourite of the three, though as was said a while back the series has basically given up any pretense of being about assassination (the main story has exactly one in-depth assassination sequence to it) to become an open-world adventure game.
I may have came off a little harsh towards the rest of the AC games but Brotherhood was the the last one I actually enjoyed, I did hate the fact it was far less assassination focused but as you stated it was a great adventure game! loved the missions especially Desmond's story in it and the mission featuring the play of a famous scene from the bible.

Brotherhood is not a bad game in any right it's just not the assassination gameplay they sold the series on back in 07'. It felt like an expansion pack to AC2, to me but that's not exactly a bad thing.

However Revelations is total trash IMO. I didn't enjoy any bit of that game except Altairs flashback missions and the ending. The ending was worth my $60 alone! Such a good end for Ezio, and I teared up a bit not gonna lie. You should pick it up if you haven't already, you may like it better than I did and seeing Ezio's story conclude is well worth putting up with the crap.

And since you really like open world action games, AC4 better be on your radar! I don't care if it says Assassin's Creed on the box or not, it's open world pirates that's the best idea I've ever heard!

Old 2013-09-09, 10:48 PM   #1026
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

After a fun trip to GameStop, where I preordered Batman Arkham Origins and Batman: Blackgate, I got a PSN card and one game-

Herbie: Rescue Rally for the DS. It's surprisingly fun. And despite the blocky DS graphics, it's a lot more fun a racing/driving game than Driver: Renegades was. Of course, getting mauled by wombats would be more fun than Driver: Renegades was.

What can I say? I did not enjoy that game.

With the PSN card, I downloaded......

DuckTales: Remastered. It's a lot of fun. If nothing else, Alan Young had a lot of fun voicing Scrooge McDuck again.

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock. I rented the Star Trek game, and while it was fun, it reminded me why I'm not a fan of co-op games. Eternity Clock seems to be a mix of single player and co-op for both good and bad. Single player is fun. Co-op is fun at points and frustrating at others.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 11:55 AM   #1027
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

So... is Kingdom Hearts really as good as people say it is? And is it turn-based combat like Final Fantasy? Cause I hate turn-based combat with a passion. I ask because I've $40 burning a hole in my pocket and I'm trying to pick between this and Killzone Mercenary for Vita. Killzone is a safe bet that I'll enjoy it but I've heard nothing but good things about Kingdom Hearts, and I've been wanting something different in my gaming lately.

Thoughts?

Old 2013-09-15, 04:49 PM   #1028
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Picked Killzone Liberation. Really fun and it's nice having an FPS on Vita that isn't a total POS. Plus dem visuals!

Old 2013-09-16, 07:56 AM   #1029
MarkNL
BF1942 Veteran

Prinsenbeek, The Netherlands

Pre-ordered GTA V (for PS3), gonna pick it up tomorrow.
Really excited here... GTA V's map will be HUGE. Imagine the multiplayer fun...

MarkNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 05:20 PM   #1030
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

GTA 5...my life is over

Twitter - @stncldskywarp PS4 - StoneColdSkywarp
StoneCold Skywarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 09:32 PM   #1031
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

I don't have money for GTA V right now (I'm saving for Diablo III and A Link Between Worlds) so my acquisition is not as exciting:

Rainbow Six: Vegas through Games With Gold.

And the backlog keeps building! (though I am almost done with Darksiders and Oracle of Seasons... chipping away at the mountain!!!)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 10:28 PM   #1032
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

GTA V as well! I swore up and down I wouldn't get it and just wait for the more than likely next gen version but all the reviews and gameplay today swayed me. And seeing as I have no life, this is wonderful!

Old 2013-09-18, 06:27 AM   #1033
MarkNL
BF1942 Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PS3 KILLeR View Post
GTA V as well! I swore up and down I wouldn't get it and just wait for the more than likely next gen version but all the reviews and gameplay today swayed me.
Hahaha, same here! The livestreams at the beginning of this week were awesome too.

Btw, for anyone who wants to have some fun with me on GTA Online (which is gonna be released over 2 weeks...): my PSN is markie15

Old 2013-09-18, 07:51 PM   #1034
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNL View Post
Hahaha, same here! The livestreams at the beginning of this week were awesome too.

Btw, for anyone who wants to have some fun with me on GTA Online (which is gonna be released over 2 weeks...): my PSN is markie15
I hope GTA online will become it's own thing. Maybe evolve into a mmo of sorts on next gen. That'd be great!

Really enjoying the game, anyone who is on the fence just go buy it if you can, you won't regret it! Just be fair warned there are tons of F-bombs, even for a GTA game, and franklin and his friends say the N-word far too much for my tastes. Also there is male and female nudity... fully detailed. So people don't buy this for your kids! How the hot coffee mod got GTA:SA an AO rating and this gets a M with FAR worse content is beyond me. ESRB WTF?

Old 2013-09-19, 08:02 PM   #1035
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the Xbox 360

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 06:43 AM   #1036
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK

You know, considering the WiiU is gunning for a more hardcore audience, what with getting ports of Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3, Black Ops 2, Arkham City etc. Isn't it the most colossal oversight not to have GTA V on it as well? Its got the grunt for it, surely?

Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 10:57 PM   #1037
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Slag View Post
You know, considering the WiiU is gunning for a more hardcore audience, what with getting ports of Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3, Black Ops 2, Arkham City etc. Isn't it the most colossal oversight not to have GTA V on it as well? Its got the grunt for it, surely?
I think it's just tradition. Rockstar has never released a GTA game on an Nintendo platform. Plus Nintendo might try and censor it, remember the green blood in mortal kombat? Running over old ladies, sleeping with hookers, and well a humble man named trevor probably doesn't sit too well with Nintendo.

Last edited by The PS3 KILLeR; 2013-09-21 at 12:38 PM.
Old 2013-09-21, 05:21 AM   #1038
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Quote:
The PS3 KILLeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Slag
I think it's just tradition. Rockstar has never released a GTA game on an Nintendo platform. Plus Nintendo might try and censor it, remember the green blood in mortal combat? Running over old ladies, sleeping with hookers, and well a humble man named trevor probably doesn't sit too well with Nintendo.
Actually, Rockstar released Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars on the Nintendo DS back in 2009.

On a related note, my order of GTA 5 was shipped out from Amazon on Tuesday, so I should get that week after next.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 12:37 PM   #1039
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
Actually, Rockstar released Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars on the Nintendo DS back in 2009.

On a related note, my order of GTA 5 was shipped out from Amazon on Tuesday, so I should get that week after next.
Oh yeah forgot about that one. Eh it's one of those top down GTA that most people hate. And I'm pretty sure that game has nothing on trevor, just wait until you see some of the things this guy does!

So my point of it being too "much" for Nintendo is still valid. Won't spoil anything but there is one part where you play as trevor where I know Nintendo won't put up with it. Trust me it's bad! It made me cringe and start shaking. This is coming from a guy who can watch gore-fest horror movie and headset people in gears of war all day long, and not once will I feel disgusted. THIS however did get to me.

Old 2013-09-22, 06:20 AM   #1040
MarkNL
BF1942 Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PS3 KILLeR View Post
I think it's just tradition. Rockstar has never released a GTA game on an Nintendo platform. Plus Nintendo might try and censor it, remember the green blood in mortal kombat? Running over old ladies, sleeping with hookers, and well a humble man named trevor probably doesn't sit too well with Nintendo.
And what about GTA 2 for the GameBoy Color? lol

But it's true that Rockstar has never released a GTA game on a larger Nintendo console.