• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2013-09-23, 12:09 AM   #1041
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Well, just lost a weekend playing GTA V. It's a lot of fun.

My only complaint is I can't find any more Sabre Turbos. The Buccanner isn't bad, but I miss driving my Sabre....... And I know they're there. I found them once, damnit.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 12:10 AM   #1042
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNL View Post
And what about GTA 2 for the GameBoy Color? lol

But it's true that Rockstar has never released a GTA game on a larger Nintendo console.
Eh The top down gta games have nothing on the 3D ones. They are totally different. lol Plus handhelds are not consoles in my eyes, they are just handhelds. But thats just my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkf...Mg0GqQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
The PS3 KILLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 04:50 PM   #1043
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Picked up the esa Foundation triple game pack. It has Tomb Raider Underworld, Mercenaries 2, and Uncharted 1 for only $20 bucks! All the money when toward charity so I got a sweet deal AND did a good deed!

Also side note: DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT try to connect to the EA online servers on Mercs2! It will cause the game to crash, there is a solution but you need another older EA game to go online and accept the Terms and Conditions. For some reason you can't do this on Mercs2 and EA won't patch it! So either play offline or use Bad Company 1 to do so.

Old 2013-09-26, 08:13 PM   #1044
MarkNL
BF1942 Veteran

Prinsenbeek, The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PS3 KILLeR View Post
Eh The top down gta games have nothing on the 3D ones. They are totally different. lol Plus handhelds are not consoles in my eyes, they are just handhelds. But thats just my opinion.
True.

MarkNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 06:25 AM   #1045
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

My copy of Grand Theft Auto 5 Special Edition came in the mail on Tuesday, straight to the bottom of the pile with that one (Too many games).

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 06:05 PM   #1046
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Randomly (or not so randomly?) I was selected as a Gold member to receive a free copy of Ms. Splosion Man. So I used the code and downloaded it. Looking forward to it, but there's a huge list I need to get through before I get there!

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 06:30 PM   #1047
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Zelda's out this Friday. I haven't actually played much Wind Waker on Gamecube so I'm very excited. And I have most of the weekend off work.

Still alive, I'm just bad at keeping up with forums.
You can read my articles and reviews at gintendo.co.uk but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 06:54 PM   #1048
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerhayes View Post
Zelda's out this Friday. I haven't actually played much Wind Waker on Gamecube so I'm very excited. And I have most of the weekend off work.
If I had a Wii U, I'd be all in on that too. Maybe my wife will surprise me on my B-day with a Zelda themed one. I played Wind Waker on the 'Cube back in college, and it was impressive...

Old 2013-09-30, 07:02 PM   #1049
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo
Default What are you playing?

So we have a thread for what games everyone is buying, but we didn't have a thread yet to say what everyone is playing. There are quite a few gamers on here, so it would be cool to see what people are finishing up and what everyone is moving on to!

Recently I have finished up Kid Icarus: Uprising, Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons (linked game too) all on the 3DS, and the other night I polished off Darksiders on the PS3 (which was awesome, BTW).

Right now I am kind of in gaming Limbo, but I'll be picking away at another season of Madden 13 (Go Lions!) and the battle modes of Injustice, both on the PS3. Otherwise I will be rocking some Pushmo/Mario Golf on the 3DS.

So what are you playing?

Old 2013-09-30, 07:44 PM   #1050
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

I've heard a lot of great things about it but I just never really got round to playing it properly. Then just as I started looking for a copy they announced this HD one so I waited for that.

You can read my articles and reviews at gintendo.co.uk but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Old 2013-09-30, 08:33 PM   #1051
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

After it's official launch tomorrow I will be playing GTA Online indefinitely.

Anyone who hasn't already can add me on PSN if they like - stonecoldskywarp

Originality in the ol' user-name eh!

Twitter - @stncldskywarp PS4 - StoneColdSkywarp
StoneCold Skywarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 09:38 PM   #1052
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

I'm currently in the middle of Shadow of the Colossus. Interesting game, and I like it quite a bit. Very different from anything else.

I tend to just do one game at a time, but I am wrapping up the last few ending movies from Tekken Tag Tournament 2 when I'm in the mood for a quick fight. I keep telling myself that I could get the platinum trophy on Tekken 6, but I just can't beat that Nancy robot, and I'm tired of losing to it.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 12:20 AM   #1053
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Thumbs up

I suppose technically I'm in the middle of playing Oblivion but I typically spend my time sitting on the floor with the baby watching Gilmore Girls reruns and Dr. Phil instead, so that if I need my hands for teh bebeh at any given moment I don't have to pause a game to use them...

Also, Animal Crossing on the DS. Again.

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 04:06 AM   #1054
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Been playing Marvel Heroes a lot lately. Fun game. Basically an MMO Diablo-clone with Marvel characters, if you're into that sort of thing. Free to play, but done fairly nicely.
Outside of storage space and a few things that don't really impact gameplay (some cosmetic pets, utility things like access to your stash or the crafter out in the field, things like exp boosts), pretty much everything in the cash shop is acquirable through gameplay. Characters can be unlocked through a collectable currency, and while they're rare as hell, costumes can be found in game. Basically the cash shop just lets you save time and rng trouble.

Unicron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 07:15 AM   #1055
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

First off great thread idea ganon!

Secondly. I'm going to dive so hard into the Battlefield 4 beta I may end up in china! Simply can't wait to play this. i'm a huge BF fan and I won't get to play BF 4 until the 22nd on my xbox one, so I'm gonna eat up every moment of this like a fat guy eating candy (or well... just me eating candy. )! It comes out friday for everybody so download it and try it out! Totally free and loads of fun!

Old 2013-10-01, 07:21 AM   #1056
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Getting wind waker as well. I preordered the limited edition Gamestop exclusive that comes with the ganondorf statue. I've never played WW, so I can't wait to finally dust off my Wii u! and Ganon the Wii u is a great system, I love it. But there are hardly any games for it! I have 5 right now 6 counting WW. Maybe the hardcore Nintendo lover will find more joy out of it but for me the games aren't there ATM. ZombiU is freaking awesome though!

Old 2013-10-01, 08:55 AM   #1057
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

I don't think the whole Wii u games situation is any worse than any other console and this stage in its life. I've found plenty to keep me busy.
Saying that, I never owned a PS3 or 360 so there are a few ports which interested me but might not have done anyone else. I suspect it will go a little something like 3DS and well see a big revival a year or so in.

Old 2013-10-01, 09:35 AM   #1058
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

See thats my problem I do own both a PS3 and a 360. 70% of the games on wii u I've played somewhere else. I'm seeing more exclusive games for X1 and PS4 in a 6 month period than Wii U has had in a year. I am not a Wii U basher mind you, I love the thing! There just isn't enough original games for me to recommend buying it right now. In your case it's totally fine because you finally get to play games like ACIII, Darksiders II, and Arkham City. But for someone like me I almost wish I had waited. The games we do have are downright amazing but $300 USD amazing, I'm not so sure. Just needs a bigger line up of first party Nintendo games and third parties to actually support the darn thing!

Old 2013-10-03, 02:28 PM   #1059
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

I'll be holding off on a Wii U until a new Zelda comes out for it. Having already played Wind Waker, there's no rush for me to jump into an HD version. Super Mario 3D World and Smash Bros. look really good right now, though.

On topic, I downloaded Torchlight last night on XBLA (Thanks PS3 Killer for the recommendation!). I knew it would be like Diablo since it was made by some of the Diablo I & II crew, but damn, this game brought me back to old PC gaming days. The music is dead on Diablo I, and some of the sounds seem ripped right out of the original game too. I smiled when I opened a chest and heard a weapon drop. This game is fantastic and well worth the $15 even though I've only played for about 30 mins. I started as an Alchemist, but I can't wait to do subsequent playthroughs as the Vanquisher and Destroyer.

Old 2013-10-03, 03:19 PM   #1060
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Scratch a lot of what I mentioned earlier. I will still chip away at my Madden 13 season since I'm in the mood for football, but sole focus will be going to the fantastically awesome Torchlight!