• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2016-08-05, 05:14 PM   #1841
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

I go on vacation for two weeks, and this forum is flooded with Pokemon Go. FLOODED!!!

Anyways, I did play some while on vacay in a bigger city. Caught a few, don't remember which ones, then I promptly stopped for the rest of my trip. Too busy with swimming, boating, fishing, eating, drinking, and visiting to bother! And I don't know if I will really go back. It was fun, but I think my interest is gone.

Otherwise, I think I may either A) finish up Twilight Princess HD on the Wii U without starting anything new, or B) Start up Uncharted 2 on the PS4.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 10:14 PM   #1842
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

I swear if I knew what moron at BioWare is shutting down the official BioWare forums was a good idea I would kick them in the groan. The last few days I have somehow become involved in a years long feud between people that I barely know trying to set up new unofficial BioWare message boards and all I wanted was too talk about ME:A.

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 03:25 PM   #1843
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void - Got around to buying right as EB Games' mid-year sale was ending.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 03:44 AM   #1844
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Ah, downloads.....

Batman - A Telltale Series: Telltale did a really good job with this one. I just wish the episodes weren't so short. Come on, Episode 2!

Parasite Eve: Downloaded this to play on the PSP. I played it a little back in the day, and I remember liking it.

And, once my PS3 finishes downloading it....

Wing Commander IV: My uncle got me hooked on this one.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 07:23 PM   #1845
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Completed my Infinity Star Wars collection yesterday. Picked up Poe Dameron for $4.96 as my local Wal-Mart is clearancing out the Infinity lines due it's cancellation.

It's sad to see the game go, but I get the feeling most Toys-To-Life things have run their course. I consistently see Skylanders or Infinity stuff on sale or clearance, and even amiibo figures are relatively easy to find these days. I haven't bought any amiibo in ages (save for the bundled one that came with Twilight Princess HD) and I never had to pay full price for an Infinity figure. I managed to get all 19 Star Wars figures and 6 of the Marvel 2.0 figures under retail cost.

Old 2016-08-10, 01:07 AM   #1846
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

Pokemon Go update! Very annoying if you're in a car! "You're going too fast! Don't play Pokemon Go while driving " every 5 minutes. And I don't know what's up with the tracking system.

Transformers FoC is on PSN. 50 bucks. No thanks. Already got it on PS3.

burnitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 03:15 PM   #1847
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

Well yeah, it's supposed to be annoying in a car. Get out and walk!

Don't mind the update personally, if it stops people from playing while driving I'm all for it.

Hatched a Tentacool yesterday and caught a second Bulbasaur. Yay!

Still no Snorlax. Sadface.

There's a Jigglypuff outside somewhere but I am unwilling to put on pants to go and catch it. Just now caught an Eevee in my living room, woo.

Weedles. Weedles everywhere. At least it's no longer Rattatas, I can farm Weedles...

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 03:37 PM   #1848
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

I don't understand how people can play in a moving car anyway, even as a passenger. Surely by the time something's registered as in range it's disappeared again.

In unrelated news, holy **** the GPS locator thing's turned into a sack of shit over the past couple of updates. Takes ages to refresh my location (whereas before it pretty much tracked me in real time), and frequently just darts me fifty yards out in a random direction for no reason. Really frustrating.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 04:33 PM   #1849
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Yeah, mine's doing the same thing. But if I sit at Hound's computer (only really works in this corner for whatever reason) and turn GPS on/off, my avatar sometimes darts out into the nearby park which means I can get the pokestop there without having to leave. So I'm kind of okay with it.

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Old 2016-08-10, 04:56 PM   #1850
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

I'll get out and walk when it's not 103 degrees out! I moved to Texas a few months ago. I'm getting good at drive-by pokestop photo disc spinning. There seems to be alot of pokemon to catch in parking lots. I'm shit out of luck with gyms, though.

Old 2016-08-13, 11:45 AM   #1851
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Completely finished Sleeping Dogs, enjoyed every minute of it, now I'm going back to Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection.

Also, downloaded Yakuza 5 as it's free on PS Plus this month.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 12:27 AM   #1852
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

It was 32 C (about 82ish F I think) downtown this afternoon, no wind. That's pretty much my upper limit when it comes to Pokemon hunting. Walked around, took the small one swimming, played in the grass, hatched a 2 km egg (Caterpie), missed an Aerodactyl (we were nomming and it had despawned by the time I'd gotten everything together/wrangled toddler and gotten out of the Subway), then came home. My kid is almost as brown as I am now.

The small one caught me a Pokemon a couple of days ago! I'm thinking of setting up an account for her on the tablet so she doesn't use up all my pokeballs. She likes spinning the pokestops for me and she really wants to catch a Pikachu.

Old 2016-08-16, 08:10 AM   #1853
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

There was a Pikachu showing up as nearby when I left my house this morning, but I didn't have time to go hunt for it, then the data signal glitched anyway and it was gone by the time it refreshed. At least I think it was a Pikachu - the silhouette is the same as the thing you tap to see what you've caught.

Productive couple of days, even though I've not had much opportunity to do any hunting. I'm one Squirtle away from being able to do an evolution, with the same on Goldeen. Closing in on evolving from a Poliwag, plus I'm nearly there on my third Eeveelution.

Got out for a walk last night that yielded enough Psyduck to evolve a Golduck, plus I finally caught a male Nidoran. That fat rabbit-looking bastard took five great balls and three razz berries. Plus I nearly missed it in the first place as about four Ratatta spawned at the same time. Too many purple rodents.

AND my 10km egg hatched into a Hitmonchan. Which apparently doesn't evolve? Came with 32 candies as well, so presumably I should just power the ****er up?

Also hatched a second Doduo last week. Magikarp candy score currently stands at 120. I WILL BE VICTORIOUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitall View Post
I'll get out and walk when it's not 103 degrees out! I moved to Texas a few months ago. I'm getting good at drive-by pokestop photo disc spinning. There seems to be alot of pokemon to catch in parking lots. I'm shit out of luck with gyms, though.
Oh, so you actually are playing while driving? That's bad, dude. Unless you're a passenger, in which case you can select "I'm a passenger" when it says you're going too fast.

Old 2016-08-16, 03:34 PM   #1854
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

Yes, I'm a passenger. Lol

The heat has broken, so now I can take a walk. There's some nice parks close, and one has a gym.

Old 2016-08-17, 07:10 PM   #1855
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK

I HAVE PROGRESS!

Finally evolved a Wartortle, Kingler, Seaking and Jolteon last night. Hatched another Growlithe and caught my very first Ekans (some of these names are shit, aren't they?).

And tonight I managed to sneak an hour's walk round Cambridge, which yielded another Tentacool, plus a Rhyhorn and a Vulpix. Quite a few other silhouettes were registering too, but I didn't have time to try to rustle them up. Might try to spend Saturday dossing around the city.

Pokedex: 63 (seen 64)
Magikarp Candy: 148

Old 2016-08-18, 02:48 PM   #1856
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Something not Pokemon Go related :

Swung into my favorite local shop yesterday just to look around, and came across a gold Wii Classic Pro Controller. Had been looking for one for a long time (without overpaying) to match my gold Skyward Sword Wii remote, and for $15 I couldn't pass it up. The thing is in pristine condition to boot!

Also picked up Transformers: Devastation on the PS4 for $15. Played a few minutes, and yep, it's a Platinum game. It's fun though, and I'm looking forward to a game that doesn't take too much brain power.

Old 2016-08-18, 10:58 PM   #1857
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendocon 2.0 View Post
Magikarp Candy: 148
I think I have about 30. I'm a looooong way from Gyarados.

I think I've managed to get together a respectable top 10 so far. I've got nine at 1000+, top is an Exeggutor that I am particularly happy with right now as you don't see a lot of Exeggcute around. Also Clefable, Pidgeot (stupid amounts of Pidgey here), Hypno, and a Scyther I hatched (was disappointed it wasn't a Snorlax ) Four are Eeveelutions as I live in an area with a ton of Eevee. My first Pokémon to break the CP 1000 mark was a Flareon.

Water/Fire Pokémon are a bit few and far between. I'm up to my armpits in Weedles, though.

Old 2016-08-19, 12:05 PM   #1858
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
I think I've managed to get together a respectable top 10 so far. I've got nine at 1000
I've only got three 1000ers - a 1178 Vaporeon, a 1098 Starmie that I only evolved today, and a Golduck that I've literally just nudged to 1015 with some stardust and candy. Hypno (904) and Jolteon (865) are my next highest.

Quote:
as you don't see a lot of Exeggcute around.
I HAVE SEEN NONE. There was a silhouette this morning of what I think is one of the things in your avatar. Plus there was a Bulbasaur, which I've not seen at all since starting the game. What with the Pikachu earlier in the week I might have to start getting out at 7am. Or I could stay in bed. One of the two.

Quote:
Water/Fire Pokémon are a bit few and far between. I'm up to my armpits in Weedles, though.
Other than the Flareon I evolved and the Growlithes I've hatched, I think the one Vulpix is the only Fire I've encountered in the wild. :/

Old 2016-08-19, 01:48 PM   #1859
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

You guys are gonna hate me. Here's my top ten...

Vaporeon-cp1666
Lapras-cp1596
Golduck-cp1579
Clefable-cp1441
Electabuzz-cp1363
Magmar-cp1254
Rapidash-cp1229
Dewgong-cp1212
Hypno-cp1205
Wigglytuff-cp1191

My Pokedex is at 95 caught and 96 seen. I only have 47 Magikarp tho.

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 02:25 PM   #1860
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
You guys are gonna hate me.
Yeah, but that's what you're for isn't it?

Quote:
My Pokedex is at 95 caught and 96 seen.
What's the one that got away though, that's the real question?

Am up to 66/66 now, as I managed to pin down a 1123cp Tentacruel this afternoon. Which was nice.

Tipped over into level 20 yesterday, and while I'm back to having low powered commons smoke out on me again, I am encountering a lot more final-form (or whatever the term is) stuff. Caught a 958 Pidgeot and a 1009 Golduck as well.

Caught another Dratini and Rhyhorn, plus hatched an Ekans and an Oddish.

I've got about 20 evolutions ready to go as soon as I catch another Poliwhirl. Lucky egg poised.