Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-07-06, 03:17 AM   #1
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania
Default US Release of Masterpiece Skywarp

From Quartz of Transformers at the Moon:
Quote:
Chinese site TF08.net have posted the first picture of the back of the box that will be used for the upcoming US release of Masterpiece Skywarp The image shows his profile as well as the planned (but perhaps not final) colour scheme for the US release.
Image Mirrored:

Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 06:11 AM   #2
BlacknRedTed
Dinobot

After the money I payed for the masterpiece SS, just to have that wing piece break on both wings and now I cant transform him from his alt mode, I will have to wait and see if that issue is fixed before I can even consider spending money on this guy. Give me a masterpiece grimlock or bring back out the masterpiece prime again, and then my money will go one of those 2 ways for now.

BlacknRedTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 06:46 AM   #3
The Doctor
Time Lord

I will wait until I see some reviews before I buy this guy.

The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 07:20 PM   #4
praetorian
Powermaster

Think we can assume roughly a bit higher price point than Starscream was? (Inflation, economy spiraling downward and all that.) IIRC, Starscream was a Walmart exclusive in the US--correct? Here's hoping for a wider distribution this time around. I really like Skywarp's colors on that mold.

praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 08:29 PM   #5
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

I've always preferred Skywarp's colors, and would have held out for this instead of Starscream if I'd known it was a sure-thing.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 01:56 PM   #6
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

New packaging pics:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...images-168296/

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 08:39 PM   #7
praetorian
Powermaster

So, Walmart exclusive again. *sigh* Does anyone have the Takara release of this? In this pic, at least, he seems rather...dull. I mean, color-wise. Lots of black. His shoulders and upper arms kinda blend in with the wings, and the legs lose a lot of detail. I understand they're being accurate to his G1 color-scheme, and again, I do like Skywarp's colors on this mold. It just seems like a lot of black...

praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 02:04 AM   #8
Savannahtron
Micromaster Gestalt

Savannah, GA

I'll be picking him up. I passed on SS when he was at Wal-Mart.

Savannahtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 05:03 AM   #9
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

If I do get MP Starscream on Wednesday (depends on whether he'll be in stock or not) then I'll probably ignore Skywarp unless he's cheap or MP SS has carked it.
Also, do you think there's any chance of MP Megatron making it over here or will customs prevent it (I figure they will).
Also hoping for Grimlock.

HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 08:57 AM   #10
SenahBirdR
Headmaster

Underneath a rainy tree, Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
If I do get MP Starscream on Wednesday (depends on whether he'll be in stock or not) then I'll probably ignore Skywarp unless he's cheap or MP SS has carked it.
Also, do you think there's any chance of MP Megatron making it over here or will customs prevent it (I figure they will).
Also hoping for Grimlock.
I think i will be picking up Skywarp since I do not have Starscream. Do not believe I have ever even seen him. Likely kept selling out at my local Walmarts.

As for MP Megatron and customs, do you mean ordering the toy through an importer like BBTS, RobotKingdom ect? If so you should not have difficulty. Most of those places open it up and install an orage plug in the end of the barrel to make it conform to US Toy Laws and are usually not too difficult to remove from what I have heard. If you mean will Hasbro release a version of MP Megatron... highly highly unlikely and even if they did they would completely alter the colors to conform to US toy laws if not add extra kibble to make it seem less real. The Classics Megatron that resembled a nerf gun is about as close as Hasbro feels comfortable producing. Their market is ultimately towards the youngsters. Even the expensive stuff.

For MP Grimlock I too hope Hasbro decides to release it with a more appropriate price point for its size. Crown accessory version in G1 colors would be my hopes and assumptions.

SenahBirdR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 09:21 AM   #11
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

New pics:
http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-393626.html

Seems he has the wrong extra face with Starscream's smirk instead of the retooled Takara Skywarp face.

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 06:20 PM   #12
Thundercracker
Gestalt

STL

do we have any idea on a release date for him?

Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 08:01 PM   #13
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
do we have any idea on a release date for him?
According to a image from Botcon 2009, the release date is 11/1/09 and price is $59.99.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 01:21 AM   #14
Skidmark
Make me unsee it!

In your base, stealing your flag

I missed the g1 colors Starscream exclusive and was disappointing. Now, I finally have some money from my recent birthday and this time Skywarp will be MINE.

Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 01:33 PM   #15
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Whoever who has the Hasbro MP Starscream, how was you shopping experience when it came out? I saw from other forum and many people had not so good experience on the day when it came out.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 02:18 PM   #16
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

My shopping experience was awesome when I got it. I picked up MP Starscream for $10. I think I got ham that day too. It was great.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 02:20 PM   #17
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
My shopping experience was awesome when I got it. I picked up MP Starscream for $10. I think I got ham that day too. It was great.
What a deal! I mean, ham. Excellent stuff.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 06:07 AM   #18
Batmanners
Dinobot

North Bay, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
According to a image from Botcon 2009, the release date is 11/1/09 and price is $59.99.
I'm really stoked for this one. I was looking for him at the Action Figure Expo in Toronto, but nothing, and no Starscream either. But I did pick up Thundercracker for $120 CDN.

I'm just curious about Hasbro Starscream. Did he come with a sticker sheet? Because he seems painted on, and what I liked about my Thundercracker is the option of putting the streaks where I wanted, and the 6 different Sqn logos to pick from. And if it is at all possible, is Skywarp going to be painted on or given a sticker sheet? Because I would love for my TC and SW to match at least.

Batmanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 01:48 PM   #19
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Alas, finding any MP over here in Blighty is a nightmare and I'm not sure how keen I am to buy another extortionate import TF . . .

Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 03:01 PM   #20
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

Hasbro Starscream was all painted if I recall correctly. For that, though, I'm glad. It turns out that stickers aren't fun like I remember but are a pain to put on correctly and keep on.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote