Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2010-03-03, 04:07 PM   #241
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Yeh, Matrix interface was how I saw it too. Sort of FFoD with a budget and no claiming the Autobots are just early versions of the Sharkticons (or whatever).
OH LOOK HERE'S THE CONSTRUCTICONS BUILDING MEGATRON. INCLUDING HAULER!!!!!!111111

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 05:09 PM   #242
Wildrider
Death blossom deployed!

Sneaking out the back door since 1978

I just assumed it was perhaps facilitated by the funkyness Sam experienced after touching the cube fragment, just finally given clarity into that vision by the matrix.

I'm not sure though, I tend to spend the last ten minutes scanning the background for Jolt. Then cheering when he pops up for his macguffin moment.

Wildrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 05:19 PM   #243
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

He can also be seen in the background when Sideswipe gets shot in the face, IIRC, during the pan over to Ratchet and his awesome machine-gun. Weirdly, though, he frequently disappears from any sort of long shot - notably I can't spot him seconds after his big moment when the Fallen decks everyone and half-inches the Matrix. Technically, though, he's more important to the plot than Devastator.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 05:23 PM   #244
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
He can also be seen in the background when Sideswipe gets shot in the face, IIRC, during the pan over to Ratchet and his awesome machine-gun. Weirdly, though, he frequently disappears from any sort of long shot - notably I can't spot him seconds after his big moment when the Fallen decks everyone and half-inches the Matrix. Technically, though, he's more important to the plot than Devastator.
That's a good point. Do we ever see the Fallen and Jolt in the same place at the same time? Do we see Jolt after the Fallen is killed?

We may be onto something here, people.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 05:43 PM   #245
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Jolt's in it loads - he's responsible for the big explosions that take out Long Haul et al, he's squatting behind those tanks giving "two-two coverin' fahr!", he shoots Devastator into bits - all Jolt. This all gets played down because he accidentally blew up Israel on the way over.

Never mind, though, he's in the Titan comic, which no doubt will give him a sparkling, three-dimensional characterisation. By which I mean "the same as Hot Rod". Oh dear.

Old 2010-03-03, 06:20 PM   #246
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildrider View Post
I just assumed it was perhaps facilitated by the funkyness Sam experienced after touching the cube fragment, just finally given clarity into that vision by the matrix.
I don't know. The novel said all the knowledge transfered to Prime when Sam plug the matrix into him. He also told Prime he no more has visions on the carrier. But who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
That's a good point. Do we ever see the Fallen and Jolt in the same place at the same time? Do we see Jolt after the Fallen is killed?

We may be onto something here, people.
Do we see Bruce Wayne when Batman shows up???

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 06:24 PM   #247
Clay

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
Do we see Bruce Wayne when Batman shows up???
Bruce Wayne? That millionaire playboy? That doesn't make any sense. He's too busy swimming around in a pile of money and living a life of wanton excess to be The Batman.

Old 2010-03-03, 06:58 PM   #248
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Quote:
Never mind, though, he's in the Titan comic, which no doubt will give him a sparkling, three-dimensional characterisation. By which I mean "the same as Hot Rod". Oh dear.
I didn't know you'd read it.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 07:30 PM   #249
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

This is the great thing about Movie comics - you don't have to read them. Autobots end up either as Hot Rod, Kup or maybe the Sparkabots. Decepticons end up as Starscream, Triggerhappy or Tantrum. The plot is the plot of some G1 comic with Movie terminology switched in. Bingo! There's another mini-series.

Old 2010-03-03, 07:56 PM   #250
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I'd be more worried if it seemed that other people reacted the way you do, but man, you've really got to curtail the fiction. You seem to begin posts by offering a possibility and then end them convinced that they're fact. Given that this movie is still 15 months away, all you're doing is inadvertently trying to create rumors on the spot. It isn't helping.
HMM, I suppose it is because my Englsh is still too elemental, but you're right, I will work on it. Thanks.... Back to topic please...

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 05:26 PM   #251
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but lots of "maybe it'll be 3d, maybe it won't" from Bay.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/02/...ransformers-3/

He doesn't sound keen, but the studio's pressuring. Personally I'm not too fussed, 3d doesn't really bother me one way or the other. Saying that, Bay films hardly need to be any blurrier . . .

Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 02:58 PM   #252
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

TF3 game concept art.

Last edited by Paul053; 2010-03-09 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Fix link
Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 04:32 PM   #253
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerhayes View Post
I just got the impression there was a recording or whatnot in the matrix
A recording that said, Sam we've been watching you a long time? That's pretty specific.

Maybe it didn't say his name....

Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 04:40 PM   #254
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
Lithones, Check, Junkions, check. The standard autobot/decepticreep stuff, check. I have a feeling that somebody who´s name starts with an U appears here as well...

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 04:50 PM   #255
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
I'm 99% certain that it didn't.

Even if it did, Sams been in contact with the All Spark numerous times - we're talking about alien technology here, it's a fair bet they've got wireless.

Old 2010-03-09, 05:43 PM   #256
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Junkions? Really? I hope it doesn't become a full-on space opera, like the '85 film, because to me half the appeal is that they're, y'know, in disguise. But some nice Cybertron/ Planet of Junk etc scenes could set the story up nicely, and give lots of bots some character time.
And when I say story, I mean the big U. Natch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
A recording that said, Sam we've been watching you a long time? That's pretty specific.

I don't necesarily mean like a recording in our sense of the word, like a video or whatnot, but like a recording of their consciousness. I mean, they are robots . . .
Do not mourn for me . . . soon, I will become one with the matrix

Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 06:06 PM   #257
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

My guess is the Junkions, and maybe the space scenes, are more an avenue for the game. Personally I'm against the Junkions full stop - TF:TM really undoes the Transformers as something special by suggesting the universe is full to the gills with transforming robots (we see three new planets; two have transforming robots, one is a transforming robot...). Junkions especially make good game clone units. Space scenes will surely be in the minority if they happen at all in Return of Jolt, for budgetary reasons... Maybe a few scenes set on whatever's left of Cybertron, but I just can't see a full-on space opera being Bay's style.

Old 2010-03-09, 06:46 PM   #258
Clay

Murray, KY

Going to play the voice of reason here and say take all of that with a grain of salt. The number of sketch/story concepts from the first movie that didn't pan out is equaled only by the number of sketch/story concepts from the second movie that didn't pan out.

Old 2010-03-09, 07:52 PM   #259
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

Quote:
we're talking about alien technology here, it's a fair bet they've got wireless.
Considering they learnt English off the intarwebz, I'd assume so. They didn't really have time in the narrative of the "arrival" sequence to hook up an ethernet cable.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 08:45 PM   #260
praetorian
Powermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
Considering they learnt English off the intarwebz, I'd assume so. They didn't really have time in the narrative of the "arrival" sequence to hook up an ethernet cable.
What about Soundwave's tentacles?

praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote