• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2010-10-14, 11:01 AM   #541
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

I think the likelihood of Unicron being brought to the live-action screen in any decent way is very slim. I would rather they left him to my idealised G1 memories and my imagination. (He's much cooler than Galactus there!)

As I've said, I'm hoping for a better balance this time - somewhere between the first and second films would hit the mark. I'm not interested in epic galactic battle scenes - I think a lot of the humour would be lost, and the accessibility would go out the window.

And, as far as I gather, the Fallen was a disastrous flop of a character with everyone. However, this may be a little because they forgot to write him into the script until a very late draft (according to the DVD commentary) - quite hilarious to think that they almost forgot to include the titular character!

It's a shame they ballsed him up, but, hey, there you go. It would be far worse if Bay messed up Unicron - a character far more deeply imbedded in the Transformers mythos for far more people.

Unicron would only work as some sort of thing needing reactivated, and posing ultimate destruction at the end of the film after massive build-up. No long mystery - you'd need to get to the ultimate nature of the threat and then try and stop it. But, then, I just can't see Unicron himself being deliverable in live-action. I think the end result would come across as exceptionally daft. One thing is for sure - he could not be a character. Just a plot device and perhaps ultimate weapon. But it would undoubtedly suck. Plus it would take the plot down the intergalactic epic route...

I'm far more interested in smaller-scale achievable stories, with smaller robots that you can have believable human interaction with. Megatron and Prime already push the boundaries for that. There was no chance of it with Devastator (ultimate destruction / weapon was the only way he could be used, or as an 'oh s*@%' moment for the audience - pretty much a one-trick pony). Unicron? I can't even see how you could have any interaction between Megatron and Unicron in live-action - let alone between Unicron and Sam!

I think I'll stick to hoping Megatron gets an Earth alt mode this time. After all, it is the last chance! (And I don't care if it doesn't fit with his film persona. I'm being selfish.)

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 01:37 PM   #542
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
I still think what Unicron represents (the Transformers devil basically)
Is essentially what The Fallen was.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 02:42 PM   #543
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
Is essentially what The Fallen was.
He's was pretty pants really, if that's what he was going for. I think Movie Megatron could take the post and really make it his own.

Old 2010-10-14, 03:49 PM   #544
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

The Fallen = Judas surely? Even more blatantly in the original idea he was one of 13 first Transformers/Primes.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 04:35 PM   #545
Halfshell

Smile

The Devil = Lucifer = An angel who got a bit pissed off, went rogue, started a war and is now blamed for all the evils in the world.

The Fallen = A Prime who went rogue and is now responsible for all the evils in the Transformers world.

Judas = One of Jesus' mates who saw pound signs and dobbed in his gaffer. Then felt a bit guilty about it and topped himself.

Unless there's a bit in the New Testament (which, lest we forget, is a dodgy sequel written by a team of authors unconnected to the original and focussing on the son of the guy from the previous) where Judas rounds up a group of peasants and incites them into starting a war against the other disciples I think that The Fallen is closer to the Morning Star.

Old 2010-10-14, 05:28 PM   #546
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Wait, if The Fallen is Judas, who was Jesus?

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 06:11 PM   #547
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Wait, if The Fallen is Judas, who was Jesus?
Why the guy who died and then came back to life of course.

Megatron.

Old 2010-10-14, 06:42 PM   #548
Halfshell

Red face

So The Fallen betrayed Megatron to the Jewish police, and that's why we have Decepticons.

Your logic is sound.

Unfortunately the sound is that of a man drowning.

Old 2010-10-14, 06:58 PM   #549
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Quote:
So The Fallen betrayed Megatron to the Jewish police, and that's why we have Decepticons.
You wait till the new 6 issue IDW series Anti-Semiteation comes out and proves me right.

Old 2010-10-15, 03:00 PM   #550
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Master of Robotics.

Richmond, Virginia USA.
Default TRANSFORMERS 3 (20??) News & Rumours.

Hey, what is all this stuff about the creators of TRANSFORMERS suing Michael Bay anyway? Is it because they were disgusted with his first 2 TRANSFORMERS movies? I would like to know.

Mr_Hi_n_Mitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 03:19 PM   #551
Halfshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey View Post
Hey, what is all this stuff about the creators of TRANSFORMERS suing Michael Bay anyway?
What stuff?

Quote:
Is it because they were disgusted with his first 2 TRANSFORMERS movies? I would like to know.
I'd love to be able to say that you can't sue somebody for making a shit movie, but there is precedent. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahara_...Legal_problems

However that's mostly prompted by Saraha being a complete commercial failure, an accusation that can't be levelled at Paramount's Transformers films.

Old 2010-10-15, 04:26 PM   #552
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Hey, what is all this stuff about the creators of TRANSFORMERS suing Michael Bay anyway? Is it because they were disgusted with his first 2 TRANSFORMERS movies? I would like to know.
I think it's all stuff you've pulled out of your arse. The creators of Transformers (in any legal sense) are Hasbro, who are in on producing the film.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 07:37 PM   #553
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Quote:
Well, the original inventor of the Transformers, Falasi Suudonim, went to watch the second film at Imax. When Devestator came onto the screen, Falasi was looking for green and purple vehicles and failed to spot any of the on screen characters until quite late into the scene. When he finally noticed them, it made him jump so much he headbutted someone in the row above, Hideo Litigus. Hideo sued Falasi, who sued Michael Bay.

Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 08:42 PM   #554
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerhayes View Post
Well, the original inventor of the Transformers, Falasi Suudonim, went to watch the second film at Imax. When Devestator came onto the screen, Falasi was looking for green and purple vehicles and failed to spot any of the on screen characters until quite late into the scene. When he finally noticed them, it made him jump so much he headbutted someone in the row above, Hideo Litigus. Hideo sued Falasi, who sued Michael Bay.
Makes sense.

Old 2010-10-16, 08:27 AM   #555
DK Prime
Danish Dynamite

Denmark

Yeah makes perfectly sense. I really come to think America is the only place such things can happen. Sounds crazy in my ears.

DK Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 05:13 PM   #556
NecroMan
Protoform

If the movie franchise was timed correctly, Bay could have timed Unicron's appearance in the next movie with the 2012 myth of Planet X.

just saying.

NecroMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 08:53 PM   #557
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

He could easily have cashed in on Emmerich failing to release his film in the appropriate year.
But I'd be quite happy to never hear mention of all that 2012 nonsense again . . .

Old 2010-10-22, 08:56 PM   #558
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerhayes View Post
But I'd be quite happy to never hear mention of all that 2012 nonsens again . . .

Until your last words are "So, that 2012 stuff was right all alonAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!".

Old 2010-10-22, 09:00 PM   #559
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

I'd like to hope I'd at least be able to come up with something witty for my final words . . .

Something like "It'll be over by Christmas".
(The world ends around the 23rd, doesn't it?)

Old 2010-10-25, 05:26 PM   #560
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Well, now that the Archive is up and running normally again, I can tell you about what I learned last week about the new TF3 movie.

They were here in Houston a week ago for one day of filming. I signed up to be an extra, was I wasn't selected, sadly. What pisses me off though is that I know some people that did, and they don't even like the movies. They just signed up because they wanted to be in but don't actually give a rats behind about TF at all.

Anyway...one friend (who is a TF fan and super stoked to get selected) gave me the scoop of what he learned on set:

SPOILER! (select to read)
The filming was done on-site at the Johnson Space Center. When he went in for fitting, they had period costumes for flight controllers, NASA officials, and 1960's military uniforms. However, they were also fitting for 1970s-ish gov't spooks, ala men-in-black, what looked like more modern military uniforms, and (what he was selected for) N.E.S.T. soldiers.

They filmed in the old MOCR (Mission Operations Control Room) that most everyone is probably familiar with from Apollo 13. But I don't know what the folks were seeing (other than an Apollo moon landing), they were just told to that the screens would be filled in with CGI later.

My friend playing the N.E.S.T. soldier said he filmed over in the huge vaccuum chamber and they were transporting/guarding what he was told were "Decepticon brains."

So, that's all I know. Everyone was extras, anything said by the production people to the extras could all be part of dis-information...it's not like the extras really needed to know what was going on. But this is what they were told. We'll see how this all plays in to the story line.

Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote