• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2011-04-29, 03:25 PM   #701
Wildrider
Death blossom deployed!

Sneaking out the back door since 1978
Default New trailer?!

Squeeeeee!

Damn Bay knows how to press all my geek buttons, there's nothing about that trailer that doesn't work for me! It's a big robot filled explosion of alien invasion and city based set pieces of ultimate destruction

This is looking spectacular, my only reservation being Huntington-Whitley, as I've not seen her face move in any of the trailers, she has an other worldly look to her in every clip I've seen, like a female David Bowie, although he was androgynous anyway.

If she's an alien/pretender it's too obvious, if she's meant to be a human folly to Sam's nervous charm, it may backfire, but I know absolutely nothing about her character, other than it looks like her.

So judgement reserved!

Wildrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 05:10 PM   #702
Springer85
Unicron

All your base

It's probably my imagination, but did I just see the WTC around 1:13 in the trailer?

Springer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 05:31 PM   #703
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer85 View Post
It's probably my imagination, but did I just see the WTC around 1:13 in the trailer?
Well..they are certainly a pair of twin towers...but no, it's not the WTC, they're not even as tall as the original Twin Towers. That...and I don't think Bay is gutsy enough to blow up a WTC in the movies while nearing the 10 year mark of 9/11.

NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 09:02 PM   #704
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

SPOILER! (select to read)
SPACE BRIDGE

and everything else looked pretty fly as well

Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 09:38 PM   #705
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Aye, lookin' good! Certainly looks full of turmoil, apocalypse and big-ass robots! Sorted! If we get a plot, even better!

This film can't come soon enough! (Oh, wait, scratch that - let's give them a little more time to polish it than ROTF...)

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 11:27 PM   #706
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Like a giant can of awesome exploded in my face.

Not a spoiler as it's entirely speculative on my part: I'm going to bet now the film will end with the Transformers leaving Earth (to go back to a restored Cybertron?), thus both allowing it to serve as the end of the Bay trilogy and to also allow any potential fourth film a few years down the line to start with a clean slate.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 06:45 AM   #707
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Like a giant can of awesome exploded in my face.

Not a spoiler as it's entirely speculative on my part: I'm going to bet now the film will end with the Transformers leaving Earth (to go back to a restored Cybertron?), thus both allowing it to serve as the end of the Bay trilogy and to also allow any potential fourth film a few years down the line to start with a clean slate.
A fourth movie without humans? Impossible >.> They will cram humans in it someway, somehow.

My guess is, a reboot if there ever comes a fourth movie.

NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 08:15 AM   #708
Blackjack
Micromaster

Talking

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I be very excited right now.

Though I do hope the climax of the movie does not revolve around the
SPOILER! (select to read)
Tentacle-con.

Last edited by Blackjack; 2011-04-30 at 10:45 AM.
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 10:16 AM   #709
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
A fourth movie without humans? Impossible >.> They will cram humans in it someway, somehow.

And so they should. By clean slate I just meant they could do a ground level entry film showing them coming to Earth again and reintroducing them to the potential new audience. I'm assuming they'll be a slightly longer gap before the next movie.

Old 2011-04-30, 10:42 AM   #710
Blackjack
Micromaster

Or they could go the Pirates of the Caribbean way, wait for a couple of years before releasing the fourth movie, but only retaining one or two of the old cast and the rest is all new? Just sayin'.

Personally I don't feel like it being a reboot. The general audience don't get reboots. Like, say, the Batman franchise. Everybody I asks thinks that Batman Begins and the Dark Knight takes place before the first Batman film, no matter how many times you try to explain 'Reboot' to them.

If they do make a fourth movie, it'll probably be a new villain arriving on Earth, humans call Optimus for backup, et cetera, et cetera...

Old 2011-04-30, 05:03 PM   #711
Wildrider
Death blossom deployed!

Sneaking out the back door since 1978

One would hope it would be less of a reboot, rather an earlier time line, exploring Earth's history in a Sector 7/Forrest Gump style of retro designs, dramatic stories, death, destruction and multi-national cover ups.

What the Bismark was actually Broadside gone rogue!? Of course, it all makes sense now...

Bludgeon was actually responsible for the Panzer tank after he was reverse engineered? And the battle of Kursk was actually the Germans and Russians trying to take him down in a the ultimate tank apocalypse!

And so on.

Plus a reboot, with some tinkering, could even pave the way for some, whisper it, Dinobot action, maybe against Victorian soldiers with a riff on Godzilla/HG Wells War of The Worlds.

Ah who knows, I'd buy a ticket for it whatever, I just want big robots regardless of plot.

Wildrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 05:55 PM   #712
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Considering they've done metalic animal style Transformers already and he's about the only really well remembered character left they haven't done I'd be amazed if Grimlock at least didn't turn up in the next one.

Old 2011-05-01, 08:04 PM   #713
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

The problem is, none of the animals we've seen so far have been "characters" as such- they've just acted like their animal counterparts. Grimlock has to be a humanoid robot who interacts with everyone else but also transforms into a dinosaur- quite a different concept.

That's not to say I don't want Dinobots, or that I don't expect them- this isn't a series known for making sense

Old 2011-05-01, 11:04 PM   #714
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

The weird moon animals, and the bird-like transformer...makes me think of Terrorcons. Or a new incarnation of the Predecons (G1, version...or Beast Wars, I guess).

And I think dalek may be right, did you see the big NASA rocket that Prime was standing in front of?

Also...few new Autobots shown (couple in vehicle form, and one in robot mode behind Prime in the shot where he's telling that official woman how stupid it was to keep the info from them). Wheeljack, maybe? I can't tell.

Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 03:52 AM   #715
NickRude
Protoform

Default Reboot idea

If they ever do decide to make a fourth Transformers movie they should have it deal with the headmasters and their planet. Instead of Optimus and his group have Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod and some other autobots who need some serious movie time. Maybe Prowl and Blaster. As for the villians why not have Bludgeon or even dare I say it, Galvatron. Hell why not start the Unicron story out in space and have it end up on earth. They have tons of material to use. The only concern on my part is can they use it properly.

NickRude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 02:17 PM   #716
praetorian
Powermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
After watching the trailer again and looking at the stills, I'm wondering if the Autobots leave Earth during this movie; then when Shockwave unleashes chaos on Earth (which looks like he's turning Earth into Cybertron), the US military realizes its mistake and Sam uses some device to call them back. It would explain the heated interaction with that official-looking woman, the large spaceship, and OP's words to Sam that the battle is up to them now.

And I think the guys erupting from the moon's surface are the Decepticon drones.

praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 10:47 AM   #717
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

That all sounds quite feasible. Though I get the impression it would be less of them being asked to leave, as was threatened in ROTF, and more them storming off in a hissy fit because the government didn't tell them about Sentinel Prime.

I hope Optimus' quote about it being up to them doesn't actually mean the ending will come down to humans vs 'Cons, that would be a let-down and a half.

Old 2011-05-04, 11:45 AM   #718
Blackjack
Micromaster

Talking

Every trailer shows Optimus flying down and slash-blowing a Decepticon every second for two whole action sequences.

Of course OP's gonna be in the climax.

Old 2011-05-04, 03:13 PM   #719
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

He was in the climax in the first film, where his big contribution was to trip Megatron up.

Old 2011-05-07, 11:04 AM   #720
Blackjack
Micromaster

Hasbro's website updates with character profiles for all Movie characters.... including some new faces we'll be seeing in DOTM! The list isn't complete, especially with respect with the DOTM characters and the ROTF Decepticons, but worth checking a peek.

Just by randomly browsing (Flash doesn't run well on my poor five-year-old laptop) I've seen at least one Autobot we've not known before and two Decepticons.

I steer clear from the timeline bits because I don't want to be spoilered more than I already have.