Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2010-03-09, 12:19 AM   #41
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
All brace for the Animated fan backlash... It'll be bloody hilarious.

EDIT: Heh, the bushdodgers at Big Board are already claiming they won't be buying anything based on an arm and a head. Transformers fandom, eh? What a bunch of twats.
They're not real fans. Real fans like everything indiscriminately.

This new thing may just be generically related to the movie stuff rather than a flat-out prequel/tangent, although that's certainly possible, if not likely. I don't think Animated was unpopular, but between Cartoon Networking owning part of it and screwing with the schedule and the simultaneous demand for more movie stuff (given that Animated is about the polar opposite of the movie style), the line had two very important things going against it.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 06:58 AM   #42
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

And the irony is Hasbro aren't going to give that much of a toss if the older fans aren't biting considering this is aimed at the kids (and perhaps if Animated had done better with them in the first place it would still be going?). What are these protesters going to do? Hang round the toy aisle and jump on any 8 year old that looks likely to pick up one of the SCUM Transformers?

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 08:39 AM   #43
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Probably just annoy the **** out of the rest of us by tracking down figures/watching episodes and going "This would be so much better if that scientist with the funny voice was in it, stupid Gayformers" or "Why isn't Prowl a ninja, ninjas are the bomb!".

At which point we can fall back on the claim that it's okay for the first season to be a write off (with, of course, a rolling end point - that can be pushed back to the second season, with the ultimate fall-back point that it would have been miles better if it had never finished, never mind that all those early episodes were wasted ****ing around, it's all Hasgayblowjob's fault), that you can't criticise it unless you've watched everything else aimed at the demographic for the past few years, that it's okay because there's the odd "Easter Egg" aimed at manchildren, that funny voices are funny, that some episodes refer to other episodes which is groundbreaking telly, that the toys have knees unlike the Protectobots, and so on.

I'm not fussed about the thing either way, but I'm looking forward to chinning a few hypocrites.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 08:52 AM   #44
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

What's hypocritical about many of the same people slagging off this new show based on nothing more than an image having done exactly the same with Animated when we first started seeing pics from that?

Old 2010-03-09, 09:32 AM   #45
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Nothing. The bit about the above happening when episodes are being shown and toys being released is a clue in that direction. Just in case the specific stuff about episodes and toys wasn't enough.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 04:36 PM   #46
praetorian
Powermaster

Launch date for "The Hub": 10/10/10

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...erfect_10s.php

The new Transformers show will be airing in the "post-school" time-slot being called "Kids Prime"

praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 07:14 PM   #47
praetorian
Powermaster

Logo for Transformers: Prime

http://adage.coverleaf.com/advertisi...503?pg=64#pg64

Old 2010-05-17, 08:08 AM   #48
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Peter Cullen confirmed as being involved:

http://adage.com/upfront2010/article?article_id=143861

Quote:
"Transformers Prime" will feature the voice of Peter Cullen, the original voice of Optimus Prime from the animated series as well as the Michael Bay-directed feature films.
I first saw this link over at the Allspark and they've assumed he's playing Prime, whilst that's a reasonable bet it's worth noting the article doesn't specify a role. Considering the cost and likely availability issues I wouldn't be surprised if he's in a smaller more cameoish role (didn't one of the Japanese dubbed Unicron shows have their original Prime actor as Primus? I can see it being that sort of thing).

Old 2010-05-17, 01:25 PM   #49
praetorian
Powermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Peter Cullen confirmed as being involved:

http://adage.com/upfront2010/article?article_id=143861

I first saw this link over at the Allspark and they've assumed he's playing Prime, whilst that's a reasonable bet it's worth noting the article doesn't specify a role. Considering the cost and likely availability issues I wouldn't be surprised if he's in a smaller more cameoish role (didn't one of the Japanese dubbed Unicron shows have their original Prime actor as Primus? I can see it being that sort of thing).
Maybe he'll just be narrator.

Old 2010-06-09, 04:26 AM   #50
praetorian
Powermaster

Amazon.com has given away the major plot line for Transformers: Prime. According to the graphic novel that will be released:

"This all-new graphic novel adventure leads directly into the all new Transformers: Prime animated series! In this epic first adventure, battles across Cybertron have left Bumblebee and his fellow Autobots in need of a new leader. But is there anyone who can step forward against the threat of Megatron and the evil Decepticons?"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...m/jinxworld-20

I just know the answer is Leo Prime. How else are we going to get another Leobreaker redeco?

Old 2010-06-09, 02:18 PM   #51
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

There haven't been any design leaks on this thing yet have there? Doesn't this come out this Fall (Autumn...whatever)? I would have thought we would have seen something by now.

Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote