NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 08:56 PM   #62
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Rhondda Cynon Taff, S.Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
It's July and we're still waiting...
Yes it is, and yes we are. Nobody likes it, but there's not much we can really do about it. And some of us will have to wait longer again on top, due to the time it takes to ship from the US to the UK.

Can we refrain from complaining about this, please? I mean, like, everyone in-general? 'Cause I'm annoyed enough without someone pissing on the hornet's nest. They'll get here when they're ready for release, likely sometime between the second week of the month and the end of it, and probably not a moment sooner.

Don't give me reason to rant... You won't like me when I rant.

Edit:
@ NightHawk: This ain't aimed at you dude, or at anyone in-particular. I've had no less than four different people bitching to me today about how late this set is, three of whom I know haven't actually paid us for the things yet, and I *had* to suffer their complaints with a smile because they were customers at the place I volunteer at twice a week.

Ever feel like you really just wanna reach out and, y'know, kill something 'til it's thoroughly unrecognisable? Yeah, it's been one of those days...

Last edited by glazios; 2010-07-01 at 10:15 PM.
glazios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 12:03 AM   #63
Springer85
Unicron

All your base

Quote:
It's July and we're still waiting...
Alles op z'n tijd, kerel (translation: Everything in due time, pal)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this set. Don't know if I'm going to get them both, because the Hot Rod upgrade set is coming soon too and I'm definately going to buy that one.

Springer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 03:29 AM   #64
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Patience, patience, and I hope I have more. Hopefully they do worth the wait.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 08:33 AM   #65
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazios View Post
Yes it is, and yes we are. Nobody likes it, but there's not much we can really do about it. And some of us will have to wait longer again on top, due to the time it takes to ship from the US to the UK.

Can we refrain from complaining about this, please? I mean, like, everyone in-general? 'Cause I'm annoyed enough without someone pissing on the hornet's nest. They'll get here when they're ready for release, likely sometime between the second week of the month and the end of it, and probably not a moment sooner.

Don't give me reason to rant... You won't like me when I rant.

Why I oughta....

Quote:
Edit:
@ NightHawk: This ain't aimed at you dude, or at anyone in-particular. I've had no less than four different people bitching to me today about how late this set is, three of whom I know haven't actually paid us for the things yet, and I *had* to suffer their complaints with a smile because they were customers at the place I volunteer at twice a week.

Ever feel like you really just wanna reach out and, y'know, kill something 'til it's thoroughly unrecognisable? Yeah, it's been one of those days...
...feel sorry for you that you get people whining and bitching at you about them x.x

I admit, I'm anxious for them, but considering I already pre-ordered then AND paid for it I'm hardly worried about it, I'll get it once they come out after all. Which is probly a must since I expect them to be sold out very quickly after they come out, many people want them after all....god, I should have pre-ordered several of them, these things will go like mad on E-bay.

@Springer: Gah! Dutch people! As for the Protector set, it looks sweet even though it lacks some of the grandness that the City Commander add-on kit had. Though G1 Rodimus his trailer had a big cannon too so it makes sence in the end.

Old 2010-07-07, 02:34 PM   #66
Paul053

Few more days have passed and no news yet. I had happily gave the original Blast Off and Swindle to my son and now watching my Bruticus standing there without two arms is a pain.

Old 2010-07-07, 08:05 PM   #67
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Yeah, I would at least have expected FansProjects to at least bring in new news about the subjects but no, ah well. All we can do is wait sadly, it seems they bit off more then they can chew.

Old 2010-07-07, 10:53 PM   #68
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Quote:
...it seems they bit off more then they can chew.
Yeah, true... Either that, or they just weren't expecting there to be so much demand for the set. I'd imagine that TFSourse is still taking preorders for them and such... that can't be helpful...

Old 2010-07-08, 06:23 AM   #69
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Basically said then, they were out of stock before they were even in stock.

I can only imagine there's at least one new pre-order for them with each passing day.

Old 2010-07-08, 05:57 PM   #70
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Quote:
Basically said then, they were out of stock before they were even in stock.

I can only imagine there's at least one new pre-order for them with each passing day.
Yes, if that proves to be the case; there's always the possibility, though, that FansProject really are having problems with fulfilling demand purely because of the complexity of making the figures.

If it does prove to be the case that it's pure demand-surpassing-availability, then TFSourse could be in a fair bit of trouble themselves, due to the fact that a) they're still taking preorders, and b) they give people the option to pay for that preorder at the time the order is made. I opted for the second option, so I wouldn't have to worry about making sure the nesessary funds are in my account to pay for the order when it ships - something I can't always guarantee ahead of time.

Now though, as is the case with everyone else who opted to do that, TFSource are going to have to worry about filling all those preorders, because if they can't I imagine there's going to be a fair few people wanting their money back, and god knows I'll be one of them if they can't provide me with the goods I've paid for.

I've just had a similar problem with Play.com; I preordered a certain set of headphones with them back in May (Skullcandy 2010 HESH Shattered Blue, for those who're interested), and the stupid morons underestimated the number of preorders.

Of course, the stupidest thing they did was that they then went and tried to make out, to the people whose orders they couldn't fill, that the preorder date had been pushed back and the product wouldn't be released for a further month - which was crap, because Amazon had the same problem, getting them in and then running out of stock. The difference is, Amazon were honest about the fact that they just plain ran out, and refunded everyone they couldn't provide with the product.

Old 2010-07-19, 11:50 AM   #71
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Default Finally! A concrete release date!

http://www.fansproject.com/?p=514

Quote:
"Dear Customers and Friends,

FansProject will start shipping out both Explorer & Munitioner in the first week of August.

We find out from the final QC check that two pieces will not perfectly fit all versions when combine into giant robot mode. To keep our level of quality, we had remold and replaces that two pieces for the whole shipment.

We are deeply sorry for the delay and Thank you for your patient!

-FansProject Team."
A little later than we'd hoped for, but hey, no complaints from me!

And also, a reasonable explination, too. Seems they really were having trouble with it... Hmm...

Last edited by glazios; 2010-07-19 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Added Quote tags
Old 2010-07-19, 03:29 PM   #72
Paul053

Yeah, good QC means everything. I'm starting to get used to seeing my Bruticus without two arms.

Old 2010-07-19, 03:56 PM   #73
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
...I'm starting to get used to seeing my Bruticus without two arms.
O . o

Well that's no good, now, is it? lol Hopefully, there'll be no further delays in these sets reaching our respective doorsteps. My Bruticus has been standing around in his component forms for far too long...

Old 2010-07-24, 10:47 PM   #74
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Default Munitioner and Explorer Galleries @ Seibertron

See the title there? Yeah, this one does exactly what it says on the tin.

Galleries
Munitioner/Swindle:
http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-swindle/2095/

Explorer/Blast Off:
http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...last-off/2094/

And strangly-enough, a gallery for Vortex too.
Vortex:
http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...t-vortex/2096/

Don't know about you lot, but the question on my mind right now is, who over at Seibertron got hands on these babies early, and more importantly, how?

Does this mean the folks over at Seibertron got a sample set, or that these have started shipping already? If so, where the Pit are ours?!

Old 2010-07-25, 11:30 AM   #75
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
See the title there? Yeah, this one does exactly what it says on the tin.

Galleries
Munitioner/Swindle:
http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-swindle/2095/

Explorer/Blast Off:
http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...last-off/2094/

And strangly-enough, a gallery for Vortex too.
Vortex:
http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...t-vortex/2096/

Don't know about you lot, but the question on my mind right now is, who over at Seibertron got hands on these babies early, and more importantly, how?

Does this mean the folks over at Seibertron got a sample set, or that these have started shipping already? If so, where the Pit are ours?!
Good connections, some youtube reviewers get certain toys sooner as well (Like Peaugh who had a WFC Optimus LONG before it was released by Amazon)

I'd say that this guy got some good connections with FansProject, and these might still be the prototype versions and not yet the final molds.

I also note that the box speaks of prototype pictures and frankly, if you look at the box itself fairly...worn, it's not old, but it's not exactly all that new either. Not all too minty :P

Last edited by NightHawk; 2010-07-25 at 11:41 AM.
Old 2010-07-25, 01:23 PM   #76
S_Windell
Dinobot

Man, those make Bruticus look a hundred times better! Then you compare the individual figures and it's just...sad, really. Not just in quality. It almost comes across as Blast Off, Swindle, and three generics.

Those little faces are just amazing!

S_Windell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 02:39 PM   #77
Paul053

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Windell View Post
Man, those make Bruticus look a hundred times better! Then you compare the individual figures and it's just...sad, really. Not just in quality. It almost comes across as Blast Off, Swindle, and three generics.

Those little faces are just amazing!
Agree. But I highly doubt I will display them individually after I got this set. Play around maybe but it will always be in the combined mode as it is the best looking mode.

Old 2010-08-09, 11:18 PM   #78
Springer85
Unicron

All your base

Fan's Project has updated their site with an image from the Protector Armor comic. (I think)

http://www.fansproject.com/?p=533

Springer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 02:33 PM   #79
Paul053

Yeah, and first week of August has passed and I still haven't got any email.

Old 2010-08-10, 04:18 PM   #80
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
Yeah, and first week of August has passed and I still haven't got any email.
Eh, give 'em time, dude. TFSource has the release date pegged for Mid-to-Late August, so it'll be another week or two yet. I'm not saying that delays don't suck, I'll be as relieved as the next bloke when the damn things get here, but hey - we've waited all these months, so what's a few more days?

I gave up fretting about this when they first announced there was going to be a delay. They'll get here when they get here, and in the meantime, don't we have more productive things to do than sitting around, worrying about this kind of thing?