• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2010-03-21, 03:52 PM   #21
mesk
Protoform

Providence RI
Default yup

im just starting to watch g1 over again.it has been awhile.I just finished watching "fire in the sky".I find if i just watch 2 episodes a day it keeps my attention better then trying to watch a season in a day.Its like 1985 all over again as I watch them in the morning.my son absolutely loves them,only problem is after he watches g1 episodes the armada toys arent good enough for him he wants the real thing.last week my girl gave him my original devestator to play with I came home saw him playing with a devestator and i thought it was the cheap japanese knockoff i bought him,until i counted them and the knockoff one i bought for some strange reason has 6 constuctitcons instead of 5 so when i counted the 5 i realized that it was the real thing.I almost had a heart attack I just stood there for a second motionless as i watched his sticky,jelly filled hands trying to transform them.needless to say all the g1 toys are now under lock and key

mesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 03:58 PM   #22
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesk View Post
until i counted them and the knockoff one i bought for some strange reason has 6 constuctitcons instead of 5 so when i counted the 5 i realized that it was the real thing.
No, the real thing has six as well.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 04:01 PM   #23
mesk
Protoform

Providence RI
Default you are correct

reverse that,cheap japanese knockoff has 5,real thing 6
and the crappy movie one has 8

and a reissue has 5 for some odd reason

http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/review...devastator.php

mesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 08:36 AM   #24
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

That odd reason being it's a completely different mould. You'll notice the way it looks next to nothing like the 1980s one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
Trans-Europe Express is the one by Kraftwerk.

Talking of that one, though, I love the way the Autobots deduce that the race must have been rigged by Megatron. They don't bother actually trying to find out whether it's the case, or investigate how exactly and evil alien death (well, theft) robot actually went about organising a world wide car race so they could mug some guy for his special engine, they just decide this was the case and go home. Don't bother telling the poor sods watching the thing either.

Old 2010-03-22, 05:21 PM   #25
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
Isn't that Fire On The Mountain?
Possibly Go With The Flow? No, wait... that's a different series.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 09:00 PM   #26
Vin Ghostal
Gave you a concussion

Making his summer residence in Alexandria, VA

Many of those character "focus" episodes in the middle of season 2 are just dreadful. I do have a soft spot for Make Tracks and Auto-Bop, however, if only because I was a big Tracks fan as a kid. Not a word.

Vin Ghostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 09:09 PM   #27
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

They're good when they come off - "Auto Beserk" is probably my favourite pre-Movie episode, and "The Master Builders" is pretty good as well (even if some of the more interesting nuances could well happen by accident). But yeh, "Sea Change", "Girl Who Loved Powerglide", "Golden Lagoon" (hugely overrated, and undermines any pathos through bad direction and heavy-handedness), "The Gambler" (I love Smokescreen; he can't save that one, though), "Hoist Goes to Hollywood", "Secret of Omega Supreme"... Argh.

TBH just about anything featuring second series Minibots in a halfway prominent role is a write-off. Cosmos was the only one who wasn't deeply irritating - Warpath, Powerglide, Beachcomber and Seaspray might be gold for anyone writing tiresome skits, but they're ****ing death for actual episodes... You can sort of see why people end up being Decepticon fans when those four idiots are onscreen. Thrust might be as thick as a whale omlette, but at least he didn't have an aggravating speech pattern for no reason.

Old 2010-03-25, 09:59 AM   #28
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

My dark secret: I actuslly rather like TGWLP. Possibly because of the aforementioned video nostalgia but I think it's supposed to be a silly B Movie spoof rather than ending up as one, Soundwave's mind probe is wonderfully daft.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote