• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2016-01-27, 05:13 AM   #381
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Thumbs up

I got it from the Brothers Brick website... but yes, how dare you.

I'm thinking about going onto eBay and locating past Advent Calendar sets the next time I have money (ha!)... building a LEGO Santa Village/ice skating rink/winter carnival is a want for next Christmas.

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 09:53 AM   #382
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Lots of the really fun bits from the advent calendar are just simple bricks with a little imagination, so it might be worth trying Bricklink or similar before forking out for the advent sets themselves - somehow I doubt they get reduced to nothing in January like most advent calendars! Will see if I can get some close-up pictures of some of the neater bits from mine at some point.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 01:36 PM   #383
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Impressive...

http://blog.livedoor.jp/legolego05/a.../52788883.html

http://i.imgur.com/ujbJz5q.jpg

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 07:13 PM   #384
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele
Red face

I wonder if you can stack Duplo on top of that.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 11:56 PM   #385
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Thumbs up

Thaaaat's so cool. And probably not, the pegs don't look to be the right size.

Who the hell is it that makes the little Transformer minifigs that come in bags, it's not LEGO but I can't remember offhand (it's KRE-O, I'm a moron). Those always bothered me very slightly because they didn't actually transform. (I'm aware that's stupid, but nonetheless it's what it is ). Also, I found combining them to be a bit tedious, you couldn't really play with the combined form without it falling apart, etc.

This, it looks like you can actually play with. Not sure how much building there is to do with it, but at least there's transforming involved (even if it's into a brick).

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Old 2016-03-13, 08:44 PM   #386
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Smile

Minifigs. Got the Faun and the Laser Mech. The Laser Mech is pretty cool, his sword has a streak of white paint in it. The Faun has appropriately shaped legs and a unique hair piece with horns. The hunt for Left Shark continues.

Old 2016-03-27, 01:56 PM   #387
Patapsco
Sod. Off

was bored yesterday so went back to my old Technic sets. 12 hours later and I'm finished

and next to CW Defensor for a size comparison

"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Patapsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 01:57 PM   #388
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Love those massive Technic sets. My favourite is that black tow truck from c.2006.

Is the arm on that motorised or uses pneumatics?

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 02:15 PM   #389
Patapsco
Sod. Off

it's motorised, but I've got no batteries to test it. I may have another power pack knocking about to test it. I was inspired as Technic are essentially re-releasing this as a Merc truck for 170 and I was very close to buying iy

"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Old 2016-04-04, 06:59 PM   #390
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/0...revealed-news/

http://i.imgur.com/h24QBAM.jpg

Old 2016-04-04, 07:13 PM   #391
Patapsco
Sod. Off

This is the new version of that truck I built above, yet it has somehow increased by over 900 pieces and yet costs the same as the 1800 piece one I bought in 2010.

Old 2016-04-05, 01:28 AM   #392
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

I thought that Peter Pan minifig was Link until I saw the URL and realized they were all Disney figures. Rumor was that the Ideas Link vs. Ironknuckle set was nixed in part because it would've required a custom mold for Link's head. Maybe they'll revisit that idea using Peter's head piece for Link.

Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 04:08 PM   #393
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

They're doing a Lego Ghost Rider!!!! I'm so excited!!!! Whoop!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	11064  
Old 2016-04-10, 05:33 AM   #394
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Thumbs up

Captain Hook and Buzz Lightyear, thaaat's about it.

Old 2016-04-19, 07:03 PM   #395
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
They're doing a Lego Ghost Rider!!!! I'm so excited!!!! Whoop!
Maybe they go insane and make a Lego Punisher set.

But yeah, I'm pretty excited about this, hopefully this will actually show up on the shelves - there's actually a pretty good chance of that tho, lego has always made a pretty good showing on the toy shelves here even when everything else has been crap.

Old 2016-04-19, 07:16 PM   #396
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Lego has somehow managed to avoid the usual retailer demands for quick product turnover, and that has a lot to do with it. Instead of having six different waves of product a year at each price point, with each item only being available for a few months, they seem to put out one big wave of stuff in the summer and another at Christmas, and keep each set available for one to two years minimum. So even if the local stores are running behind, they'll catch up and you'll see pretty much everything eventually.

I don't know how they and only they manage to get away with it. They're a big global brand with a ton of name recognition, sure, but so are Hasbro and Mattel and they don't get to tell the big retailers to suck it.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 11:11 AM   #397
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Maybe it's because Hasbro makes My Little Ponies and Transformers and Mattel makes Barbies and Hot Wheels, but Lego only makes...Lego.

Old 2016-04-20, 07:12 PM   #398
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I reckon its because Lego is a solid seller generally and isn't subject to the whims of peaks and troughs in interest. Its also one of those toys that everyone (well anyone born after 1952) had as a child, and I can see that filtering down when folk have their own children.

Unlike a lot of other toys, your old stuff doesn't become redundant just because a new set comes out. Rather you can add to it. There's also the obvious imaginative and creative aspects to it, where the only limit is your imagination.

Its also a quality product, which helps. I don't think I've ever felt let down or cheated by a Lego set. There's always something you can do with it if you don't like it.

As an aside, we had a whip 'round at work for a work colleague who turned 50. I did the present buying, and one of the things I got was the a birthday cake set with a Jester that pops up when you flick a tab at the rear (you can also build numbers from the bricks). I just got it as an amusing diversion, but she actually loved it and thought it was brilliant!

Old 2016-07-21, 06:59 PM   #399
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Is series 16 news? Kinda given up on LEGO due to lack of time right now, personally, but they look nice enough.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/0...ies-16-review/

http://i.imgur.com/GNo85iH.jpg

Old 2016-07-22, 07:51 AM   #400
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Red face

It is to me.

I'm interested in almost all of that shiz. The only one I don't care about is the excited dude carrying camping stuff.