[Original RPG] Ranks on the roster page

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Springer85
Protoform

Ranks on the roster page

Post by Springer85 »

I have to say, good job :up:

I really like that little piece of information about a character.

Are those ranks fixed or can a character be promoted or demoted to another rank?
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

I agree its great how there are now proper ranks for characters and not just some meaningless number. This is going to be really helpful with Vindicator because he is supposed to really follow and enforce the chain of command.
Originally Posted by Springer85
Are those ranks fixed or can a character be promoted or demoted to another rank?
I was wondering the same thing.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Glad you guys appreciate it. :)
Springer85 wrote:Are those ranks fixed or can a character be promoted or demoted to another rank?
How else do you suppose Astrotrain, Tracer or Shrapnel got where they are today? ;)

Transformer ranks tend to be more static than they would be in a human army just because there's a lot less turnover -- Transformers take a lot of killing, after all, and they don't retire after a few decades in the service like people would. Of course, characters tend to cycle in and out of the RPG a lot more than that, and promotions are usually handed out on the basis of awesomeness rather than military merit.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

That's good to know. It'll give us (well, me at least) an additional goal to work towards to. Not saying that I want all my characters promoted to general or something, :p but Jazz is certainly one of them :)

Are you looking to add more info to the characters? I think the subgroup the character belongs to would be nice to see too. Like ISS, SIS, Wreckers, and such.

Oh, by the way, browsing through the characters I play and interact with, I noticed an error in Ironfist's rank :o
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oh, by the way, browsing through the characters I play and interact with, I noticed an error in Ironfist's rank
His toy rank according to TFU is ten (!), and the rank the mods gave him is six. 'Captain' falls under eight, which is the average of the two. Makes sense? It does for me.

Then again, I haven't been sleeping much...

@ Warcry --> beautiful work! Love the new and improved ranking system.

Although flipping through pages I did see that the profiles for Steelshredder, Rummage and those early fanmades of mine are truly really dire. I'll try to post better write-ups sometime, and I've been working on the character histories section for my guys, especially my flag-carrying Sports Car Patrol and Insecticons. Hopefully this weekend...

Zoom, Photon and Boost are dead, by the way. You should know. Spinister garroted one of them. Hailstorm is dead too. :)

On the other hand, Ramhorn, Eject and Rewind are all alive, not dead. Reading backwards, Blaster (the player) revived them sometime during the Autobot Civil War, albeit in new bodies crafted by Wheeljack with new names (Cubbie, Stripes and Stinger). ;)

optimusskids' technical staff aren't list on the Gigatron's Decepticons page (Grenade, Grapeshot, Gimlet, Gravel and all the other guys starting with 'G').

A couple of player listing issues as well that I forgot/haven't been bothered to point out previously: I ain't listed for Thrust's previous players! Okay, I might've only played him for five seconds, but I did! -pouts- Miked23 also played Bonecrusher before me, and DrEvil played Skullgrin for some time before. Cryhavoc is also part of the 'former Scorponok players' bandwagon. Stonecold Skywarp played Thundercracker for a bit after Halfshell, while God Jinrai played Metalhawk before. On the other hand, I have dropped Misfire some time ago.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Springer85 wrote:Are you looking to add more info to the characters? I think the subgroup the character belongs to would be nice to see too. Like ISS, SIS, Wreckers, and such.
I'm not entirely opposed to the idea but since the ranks took me two weeks or so I'm not keen on jumping into something like that right away.

I've fixed Ironfist's rank, too. Well, fixed it so that it displays his correct RPG rank anyway. When we first put together the original RPG rank charts we decided to blatantly ignore the tech spec rank for anyone released after 1989 or so and just assign them whatever number made sense, hence why he there aren't a dozen different Autobot Leaders.
Blackjack wrote:@ Warcry --> beautiful work! Love the new and improved ranking system.
New? There's been a sticky about it in this forum since 2007 (although not anymore). In fact, you've posted in it. Twice. :eyebrow:

I did change some folks' ranks around a bit and assign ranks to a lot of the previously-unranked fan characters, but mostly I was entering in information that we already had. In fact, we should have included it from the start and I sort of feel like an idiot for forgetting.

Glad you like it, though.
Blackjack wrote:Zoom, Photon and Boost are dead, by the way. You should know. Spinister garroted one of them. Hailstorm is dead too. :)
You expect me to remember what happened to a bunch of faceless Reflectors? Ha! I can't even remember if most of my NPCs are still alive or not.
Blackjack wrote:On the other hand, Ramhorn, Eject and Rewind are all alive, not dead. Reading backwards, Blaster (the player) revived them sometime during the Autobot Civil War, albeit in new bodies crafted by Wheeljack with new names (Cubbie, Stripes and Stinger). ;)
DEADDEADDEAD! :mad:

Ahem. What I mean to say is that the player who did that to them intended for those three to be considered 'dead' and for the new tapes to be considered separate people. That seems fair enough to me, since we don't list the escapades of random Sweeps on the Insecticons' pages. ;)
Blackjack wrote:A couple of player listing issues as well that I forgot/haven't been bothered to point out previously: I ain't listed for Thrust's previous players! Okay, I might've only played him for five seconds, but I did! -pouts- Miked23 also played Bonecrusher before me, and DrEvil played Skullgrin for some time before. Cryhavoc is also part of the 'former Scorponok players' bandwagon. Stonecold Skywarp played Thundercracker for a bit after Halfshell, while God Jinrai played Metalhawk before. On the other hand, I have dropped Misfire some time ago.
You know, if you keep pointing these things out I'm going to decide it's a good idea to just make you fit it yourself... ;)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:New? There's been a sticky about it in this forum since 2007 (although not anymore). In fact, you've posted in it. Twice. :eyebrow:
I know, I know... not new, then. 'Updated'. :D
You expect me to remember what happened to a bunch of faceless Reflectors? Ha! I can't even remember if most of my NPCs are still alive or not.
You think I do?

Which is why I needed to browse through the 'Recent Additions' pages to realize how badly the introdumps for my guys are...
Ahem. What I mean to say is that the player who did that to them intended for those three to be considered 'dead' and for the new tapes to be considered separate people. That seems fair enough to me, since we don't list the escapades of random Sweeps on the Insecticons' pages. ;)
-shrugs- Well alrighty then if you say so. :) Still, Rewind... :(
You know, if you keep pointing these things out I'm going to decide it's a good idea to just make you fit it yourself... ;)
Nuh-uh. Uploading toy reviews (and reviewing a bunch of other junk) is my shtick. RPG site is yours. It's like our niche or somesuch. We are the little gears in the big machine, you know?

Although I wouldn't mind access to the RPG Site ;) [/powerhungry].
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Warcry wrote:I'm not entirely opposed to the idea but since the ranks took me two weeks or so I'm not keen on jumping into something like that right away.
Warcry wrote:You know, if you keep pointing these things out I'm going to decide it's a good idea to just make you fit it yourself... ]

I willing to help out with anything if you need it :)

Though I'll understand if you don't give some new guy authorizations to update the RPG site :lol:
Aspiring DJ!