The Transformers Archive Skip to main content / Also skip section headers

[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

 
  • transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > The TFArchive RPG > RPG Thread Archive

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-04, 02:44 PM   #21
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!
 
Clogs's Avatar
 
Leicester, in the Heart of England
Default

Orbital space

"That was not the best experience," Starscream said to Skyfire with a rueful grin as his entire sensory array finally came online and he could hear a comm message - let alone think - again.

He fired his jets, spun gently to face the curve of the planet.

"Yes, it is Kaon." He sounded more than a little surprised. "The main spaceport. Why not Iacon? Or Altihex?"
 
Clogs is offline  
Old 2011-02-04, 06:14 PM   #22
Aero Blade
Keeper of Trivial Knowledge
 
Aero Blade's Avatar
 
Somewhere in subspace
Default

Penthouse, Kaon

Dirge gave a brief sigh as the message came through. It was a borning task usually, but at least it was a change of pace from walking the same path through the building, hoping for some activity. There had been a time when Dirge first took the job that it had been fun - all manner of theives or vandals attempting to get onto the property to scrounge a few credits or something worth selling, and he had been free to contend with them in whatever manner he and the rest of the guard staff pleased. After a few weeks on the job, though, the intruders had learned to steer clear of Dirge, and most intrusions had stopped all together. He'd even begun to purposely advert his attention to 'encourage' some action, but fear of Dirge's reputation had already spread to far among the local lowlifes...

Perhaps that was why he'd had that strange encounter. As Dirge reponsitioned himself to stand waiting at Deathsaurus's favored elevator, he pulled a small datapad out of subspace and looked it over again.

It was a job invitation of sorts, being passed out at the bars and clubs the last time Dirge had been out on his time off. The little toady of a messenger had been distributing it out mostly to bouncers and other large thugs. He had almost hesitated to approach Dirge to give him one, but the messenger had seemed more eager to dispense all the datapads and get out of the area.

The details of the job offer was as non-descript as the data pad it was recorded on, but there was one thing that was clear - the pay was good, better than what he was getting here...

Behind him Dirge heard the sound of lift deciending to his level, and he quickly put the datapad back into subspace for later. Better that he not be caught distracted with the boss about to arrive.
 
Aero Blade is offline  
Old 2011-02-04, 06:38 PM   #23
Springer85
Unicron
 
Springer85's Avatar
 
All your base
Default

Wheeljack's Work Shop

"Not really sure," Wheeljack said to Highbrow. "We're not completely done yet anyway. So untill then, you're stuck with me," Wheeljack joked. Scratching his mouthplate, he walked over to the table that had the schematics lying on top of it. He looked them over and then looked at the vehicle.

"As for safety," he added, "well we'll never know what problems we're going to encounter until we test it with somebody inside it."

Wheeljack looked at the scematics again. "I really hoped that this is going to work," he said to Highbrow. "This guy could really benefit from what we're making here." He looked over to the vehicle again and then at the various kinds of unfinished weapons in the back of the room.

"You know, I have some ideas to beef this thing up a little more," he said as he walked up to Highbrow. "I have some unfinished weapons in the back that could go well with this project. I'm going to have a look at those and see what I can come up with."

Wheeljack walked to the back and started to look around for what he had in mind. "Oh, don't forget to test the Cryogenic Regeneration ability. I doubt that it'll run at the same level of efficiency as a CR-Chamber, but it should at least run at forty percent of that capacity."
 
Springer85 is offline  
Old 2011-02-04, 09:42 PM   #24
Chip1123
Unicron
 
Chip1123's Avatar
 
Birmingham, AL
Default Wheeljack's Work Shop

"Already ahead of you." Highbrow replied to Wheeljack. "I've finished preliminary testing of the Cryogenic-Regeneration ability inside the vehicle. On average, it comes in at 38% repair capacity of a CR-Chamber. A little below what we were hoping, but still well-within acceptable parameters, and far surpassing our normal repair capabilities."

Highbrow stood up, "Assuming there are not any neurological problems, I believe the bot in question will be very happy with the outcome."
 
Chip1123 is offline  
Old 2011-02-05, 04:02 AM   #25
tahukanuva
Human After All
 
tahukanuva's Avatar
 
Tennessee, US
Default

Kaon, "Galvic Energy Complex" lobby

Deathsaurus stepped into the lobby, "Ah, Dirge, my friend. On top of things as always, unlike some of your colleagues." He glanced back at the elevator. After a few seconds Astrotrain's lift descended and he stepped out, keying things hectically into his datapad. Hmm, he's late, slighty tipsy. He has bad news for me. Deathsaurus frowned for a second before recomposing his cheerful air. "Come along, Astrotrain. There'll be plenty of time for business at the pub."
 
tahukanuva is offline  
Old 2011-02-06, 01:40 AM   #26
Blackjack
Micromaster
 
Blackjack's Avatar
 
Default

The Gauntlet, Kaon

Grimlock stepped into the corridor that led into the preparation chambers for the gladiator fighters, the shouts of the crowd dulling into an echo behind him.

His body was caked with spilt energon, oil and mech fluid. So deep were his fists stained everyday, that there were permanent specks of black mech-blood residue that simply refused to be cleaned, short of replacing the plating for his fists.

Grimlock didn't care either way.

He stepped into the decontamination chamber, nodding appreciatively as the cleaning fluid was showered down over him, washing off the layer of energon, oil and dust from his exostructure. Once he was clean (other than the cracks and dents received, plus those unwashable stains) he stepped out, navigating his way until he was out of the Colloseum. Nobody challenged Grimlock, nobody got in his way.

"Hrrrn." Grimlock growled as he snatched his pay, as well as his cut in bettings, from the shifty-looking orderly that handed them to Grimlock with shaking fingers.

He stuffed the credits into a compartment in his chest, and then proceeded to transform. He landed as an armoured, treaded vehicle that would look like a tank if it had a turret. Rather, instead of a turret he had six exhaust vents that pointed backwards from a burly body. It was clear that Grimlock also preferred to charge headlong into the enemy, even in his alternate mode.

He didn't so much as charge as trundle along the street, though.

All the fights... they seemed so empty. Sure, they satiated his bloodlust, and earned a not inconsiderable amount of credits, but it felt... meaningless somehow. Like he wanted something... more. Surely this wasn't how he was supposed to live his life for the next five million years or so?

Call it fate, call it coincidence, but Grimlock soon found himself in the Main Spaceport...
 
Blackjack is offline  
Old 2011-02-06, 04:16 AM   #27
Aero Blade
Keeper of Trivial Knowledge
 
Aero Blade's Avatar
 
Somewhere in subspace
Default

lobby, Galvic Energy Complex

Dirge nodded compliantly Deathsaurus, then looked over at Astrotrain as the other mech stepped off his own lift, observing his condition. Perhaps it might not be as boring as he thought... He took his possition next to Deathsaurus, opposite of Astrotrain, keeping alert to surroundings now. It was one thing to hope an intruder snuck in that he could attack, but to let anything happen directly to his employer meant no more work for him.
 
Aero Blade is offline  
Old 2011-02-06, 08:54 AM   #28
Selkadoom
Salty Seeker
 
Selkadoom's Avatar
 
Disappointment, AKA Florida
Default

Main Spaceport, Kaon

Dreadwing and Thudercracker strode thru the spaceport, No one knowing what the less then intelligent giant and and the egomaniac were doin together , but Thundercracker just strolled thru like he owned the place Dreadwing in tow.
 
Selkadoom is offline  
Old 2011-02-06, 04:20 PM   #29
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.
 
Warcry's Avatar
 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Default

Main Spaceport, Kaon

"This is our first job," Lugnut told Skywarp. "If we screw it up Megatron might not keep us around. And then what? I don't plan on going back to prize-fighting, thank you very much."
____________________________________

Descending to Kaon.

"I'm not sure," Jetfire said, curious. "But we've been gone for a few stellar cycles. Maybe they've rebuilt the spaceprort in Kaon and it's the best place to land, now?"

He checked his scopes to make sure that Starscream was descending with him.

"Or maybe the person we're supposed to report to has their office there, or Zeta Prime is visiting the city on an inspection? I guess we'll find out in a few minutes."
____________________________________

Advanced Research Labs, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

"That, my dear Scorponok, is what mercenaries are for," Predacon said lightly. "A couple should be arriving soon, actually."
 
Warcry is online now  
Old 2011-02-07, 09:04 AM   #30
Blackjack
Micromaster
 
Blackjack's Avatar
 
Default

Advanced Laboratories, Kaon Polytecjnic Institute

Scorponok shrugged at Predacon's words, resisting the urge to chuckle. It is so like Predacon to have mapped out every single detail before doing it. It's a good thing, then, that Scorponok had decided to drop by instead of toiling in his useless hiding as a construction worker. Better to do something like this, even if it attracted attention.

"You got all this mapped out, huh? Any mercenaries I know of?"
______________________

Main Spaceport

Skywarp chuckled. "Don't be so pessimistic, Five-eyes. We'll just have to make sure we don't fail. 'Sides, it's only escorting two science-heads. How hard could it be?"

Skywarp squinted as he saw two shapes descending towards the spaceport. "Hey, Lugnut, Thrust... that them? Too far for my sensors to see properly, but one of them does look like a Seeker model to me."
______________________

Grimlock transformed into robot mode, striding aimlessly to cool off from the stress of the battle. He glared at everyone that looked his way with his blood-red optic band, but otherwise did not attempt to make any conversation. He passed Thundercracker and Dreadwing without a word, as well as Lugnut, Skywarp and Thrust.

So many Seekers, Grimlock thought wistfully. Whoever thought that mass-production of body models was a good idea? Makes identification hard.
 

Last edited by Blackjack; 2011-02-07 at 11:25 AM.
Blackjack is offline  
Old 2011-02-07, 04:05 PM   #31
Chip1123
Unicron
 
Chip1123's Avatar
 
Birmingham, AL
Default Main Spaceport

"I see several Seaker models in this place. Gonna need more to go on than that." Thrust said to Skywarp. "Primus help us if we took the wrong bots back to Megatron."

--------------------------------

Kaon Office

Clench finished watching the latest fight on his monitor. Grimlock had won again, despite his lack of finesse. Clench was glad his money had been placed on Grimlock's fight right rather than Repungus' fight. Sunstreaker had won his battle, even though it was close for a moment, whereas Grimlock's never had been. He pulled up his communications window and opened a channel.

"Grimlock, this is Clench. I run the gladiator arena's you've been dominating quite recently. I must say, I've been rather impressed. I assume you've already collected your winnings?"
 

Last edited by Chip1123; 2011-02-07 at 10:11 PM.
Chip1123 is offline  
Old 2011-02-07, 05:32 PM   #32
tahukanuva
Human After All
 
tahukanuva's Avatar
 
Tennessee, US
Default

Galvic Energy Complex

Astrotrain trotted to Deathsaurus' side, "Sorry about that. Had a few forms to fill out, sir." As the trio began walking, Astrotrain nodded to Dirge, "Hello, Dirge." The seeker gave him the creeps, but Dirge was one of the few people he spent much time around, so Astrotrain viewed him as a kind of friend anyway.

Deathsaurus regarded the pair only a moment before he stepped out into the open air, placed his energon holder in his mouth, and set off.

----------

Spaceport

Sky-Byte stepped off the Sharp Edge. He had called the bar, his crew's drinks were to be put on his tab. Alone, he headed on his way.

As he strolled through the port, he saw Lugnut and the fellows around him. What the? He walked over towards them and climbed up to the platform they were on. "Could you guys look any more sketchy? I mean, three seekers and a hulk, just hangin' out in the dark." The officer flashed a smirk and crossed his arms.
 
tahukanuva is offline  
Old 2011-02-07, 07:27 PM   #33
optimusskids
Primus
 
UK
Default

Government House, Kolkular

Venom stood outside Megatron's Office and knocked on the door.
 
optimusskids is online now  
Old 2011-02-08, 07:45 AM   #34
Blackjack
Micromaster
 
Blackjack's Avatar
 
Default

Main Spaceport

Skywarp shrugged at Thrust's words. "True. We'll just have to make sure when they get closer. I could warp up there... to... check..."

The Seeker lowered his voice and narrowed his optics when he saw another figure approach, and turned to face Sky-Byte and frowned. "Why, is it illegal now for two Seekers and a big ugly brute to walk together in a spaceport? Go bug someone else before my big ugly buddy here loses his patience. We're here on business."

What the scrap is this idiot doing here? He'll ruin everything for us...
______________________

Grimlock stopped on his tracks when he received the transmission from Clench. Thus, he ignored the conversation between Lugnut's group and Sky-Byte as he answered the communique.

Clench? Grimlock knew Clench. He was that ugly, black-and-green guy that organized everything and got rich and fat because of the gladiator games. The immediate thought that occurred to Grimlock was that this was an offer to fix matches...

"Me Grimlock know you Clench. Yes, me have collected winnings. Me assume this not social call?"
 
Blackjack is offline  
Old 2011-02-08, 09:05 AM   #35
tahukanuva
Human After All
 
tahukanuva's Avatar
 
Tennessee, US
Default

Spaceport

(ooc- uh, he um, counted while Skywarp was switching sides, yeah. I definitely didn't miscount. No sir.)

Sky-Byte darted his optics across the group. Could've sworn there were... He turned back to Skywarp, "Illegal? Well, no. Aside from loitering I suppose. Sketchy? Very much so. But then, I suppose that's true enough of this entire spaceport... Ah well, must be off. Continue with your 'business', gentlemechs." With that, the officer graciously, and comically, bowed before leaping off the platform to his previous path.
 
tahukanuva is offline  
Old 2011-02-08, 03:47 PM   #36
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.
 
Warcry's Avatar
 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Default

Main Spaceport

Lugnut had a nasty comment ready for Skywarp, but when the Decepticon pointed out the two forms dropping toward the port from space he frowned and looked up.

"Could be," he said. "It looks like they're coming down toward the terminal that our guys were sent to."

But, like Thrust, he had a hard time telling one stock-model seeker from the next unless he already knew them.

When Sky-Byte walked up to them, Lugnut crossed his arms and loomrd menacingly, but he let Skywarp handle the conversation as he kept several of his optics focused on the two descending aircraft.
____________________________________

Advanced Research Labs, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

Predacon shrugged indifferently. "I didn't ask, Scorponok. They're just muscle, after all. We're the brains."
____________________________________

Government House

"Do come in," Megatron beaconed Venom. "I've been waiting for you."
 
Warcry is online now  
Old 2011-02-08, 04:13 PM   #37
Chip1123
Unicron
 
Chip1123's Avatar
 
Birmingham, AL
Default Kaon Office

"Ah, good to know my bots are doing their job then." Clench replied, ignoring the last remark of Grimlock's for the moment. "I wouldn't want to have to replace anyone who wasn't." He said, laughing out loud.

"As for your last question... it is a little of both actually. I don't normally inquire about the lives of those in the games, but you have intrigued me. You have such a... drive to let nothing stand in your way. I don't think there are many, maybe Megatron or Sunstreaker, who could win in the arena if pitted against you."

"I mention this all because I haven't seen any kind of agent representing you, trying to market your unique skillset, or schedule some of these upper tier matches. The ones that could net you some real credits."

Clench had several other ideas in mind for Grimlock, but wanted to see where the conversation would lead first, and what kind of appetite Grimlock had.
 
Chip1123 is offline  
Old 2011-02-08, 04:22 PM   #38
Aero Blade
Keeper of Trivial Knowledge
 
Aero Blade's Avatar
 
Somewhere in subspace
Default

Galvic Energy Complex

Dirge nodded to the greeting, though he did not turn directly towards him. "Hello Astrotrain," he responded briefly, keeping his optics on the surrounding area.

Though keeping alert, he did find himself thinking again about the datapad job offer. He enjoyed his employment here, and the money was good, but the money on the job offer was very tempting. It was listed a one-time job, with a chance for further employment opportunities - probably testing would-be employees before signing them up fully, Dirge surmised. He could always just check things out, then make a decision.

Dirge started to push the thoughts of the other job out of his head, making sure to fully focus on his current one. He'd have the chance soon enough to check things out - he had time off just as soon as this shift was finished. Best to save it for then.
 
Aero Blade is offline  
Old 2011-02-09, 09:11 AM   #39
Blackjack
Micromaster
 
Blackjack's Avatar
 
Default

Main Spaceport, Kaon

Grimlock mulled over what Clench had said, waiting until the other Transformer has finished speaking before he spoke. "Megatron beat me once. Mistake. Not ever happening again. Me never fought Sunstreaker before. Him is Iacon type."

Grimlock pondered the last bit. So, not exactly set-up matches, but rather a business opportunity. Grimlock found himself intrigued. "Me Grimlock interested. More challenge is better. Gauntlet challengers is all cakewalk. You offering to be agent?"

More credits would be good. But better still would be the additional challenge that upper tier fights got. But there is still the matter of whether there is an additional catch to the deal, those 'small print' where it probably says Grimlock would have to be Clench's personal bodyguard or something...
______________________

"See, Lugnut? Diplomacy. Just relax. Things're going fine for us." Skywarp told the larger Decepticon, grinning. "Just because I am airheaded doesn't mean I'm a total idiot."
______________________

Advanced Research Laboratory, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

"I'm both muscle and brains, my dear Predacon." Scorponok said, raising one massive claw up in an over-dramatic gesture. "But since you've got all the shifty planning bit nailed down I suppose we only have to wait."

Leaning over Predacon's shoulder Scorponok asked, "So what is it that you've changed to enable multiple changeforms?"
 
Blackjack is offline  
Old 2011-02-09, 10:22 AM   #40
optimusskids
Primus
 
UK
Default

Advanced Research Laboratory, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

Finback manoeuvred his hover chair forward and knocked on the door of Predicon's lab.
 
optimusskids is online now  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
 
[the-hub.co.uk]
[transfans.co.uk]
[oneshallstand]
[unicron.com]
[counter-x.net]
[ntfa.net]
[allspark.com]
[transformertoys.co.uk]
[tfu.info]
[botchthecrab.com]
[obscure_tf]
[tfradio.net]
 

[TFArchive button]
Link graphics...

BOOKMARK US
Or in FF, hit Ctrl+D.