• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2012-01-26, 07:57 PM   #41
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Sometimes the world just works perfectly, doesn't it?
Indeed.

Of course, that's also assuming the package doesn't get caught in customs or anything. If that's the case, they might get in a month or two after other people in their area have one.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 08:13 PM   #42
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Must say, I do like the packaging artwork. I like it when a bit of effort is but in. Like with the PCCs and their big bits of character art. Smashing. and all the Yellow box toys from 2010 too.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 09:40 PM   #43
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Smile

Just curious, but would anyone object to merging this thread with the similar Prime thread in the news forum? Or just leave it be?

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 10:03 PM   #44
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderwave View Post
Of course, that's also assuming the package doesn't get caught in customs or anything. If that's the case, they might get in a month or two after other people in their area have one.
Or a surcharge if it's not marked as a gift and has the value declared properly (assuming the law's the same going both ways).

I like Hasbro a little bit more than I did yesterday just for this. As an added bonus, hopefully people will now stop scalping my local Argos for stock now and I can actually get the bloody figures.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 10:52 PM   #45
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Yay!

All is well with the world again.

(Well...)

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 05:42 AM   #46
zigzagger

Smile

Review of Ratchet @ Ben's World of Transformers. As far as I know, he hadn't been revealed up until now.

Not sure how I feel about it. It looks better at some angles than others.

Old 2012-01-27, 09:16 AM   #47
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Yup, that's an all new figure reveal.

Lack of any comparison pics is disappointing, this guy could be tiny. Furthermore, there's A LOT of paint missing at least in vehicle mode. I'm waiting to see if takara does anything better with the mould.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 04:11 PM   #48
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

For those of you in Europe, is it much more expensive to import the Takara ones than it would be to import Hasbro from America? I know it doesn't really apply to these since they're available in Europe directly, but for those that aren't, how do the prices compare between US Hasbro and Japan Takara?

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 07:45 PM   #49
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
For those of you in Europe, is it much more expensive to import the Takara ones than it would be to import Hasbro from America? I know it doesn't really apply to these since they're available in Europe directly, but for those that aren't, how do the prices compare between US Hasbro and Japan Takara?
Japanese Takara is like buying the European figure [with a few euros up in price] and paying shipping.

While it's not an issue for United releases, or Henkei figures back in the day, it's a slap in the face because it's the exact same figure we get anyway.

Importing Hasbro from America is usually cheaper, sometimes even cheaper to buy and ship a whole wave from the US to Europe. It's DEFINITELY cheaper shipped loose and first class.

Old 2012-01-28, 10:46 AM   #50
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Apparently the FE line has been canceled by Hasbro. To logically make room for the RID line.

And people over at other forums start writing mass e-mails to hasbro's customer service [which, for all we know, is a computer with word-scanning properties that then sorts through an automated response depending on the words of the mail] to release them.

Old 2012-01-30, 12:06 PM   #51
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I know what Zig means about Ratchet... It's difficult to put my finger on, but he just doesn't seem to carry the... weight... of the CGI model. There's something off about FE Optimus as well.

Old 2012-02-03, 08:11 PM   #52
zigzagger

Knock-Out revealed @ Transformers' facebook page.

Old 2012-02-03, 10:14 PM   #53
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

oh...Knock Out looks like a strong breeze would take him out. He looks like Origami

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 04:49 PM   #54
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

So, just so I'm clear on this (and sorry if this has been clearly covered elsewhere and I missed it), are the First Edition molds for Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Arcee, and Starscream totally different from the regular-line molds? Is there any hint that those molds will be used again later, or did Hasbro just design molds, do half a run, then quit on them?

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 04:52 PM   #55
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
So, just so I'm clear on this (and sorry if this has been clearly covered elsewhere and I missed it), are the First Edition molds for Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Arcee, and Starscream totally different from the regular-line molds? Is there any hint that those molds will be used again later, or did Hasbro just design molds, do half a run, then quit on them?
Normally I would say that the FE molds would definately come back as exclusives or redecos, but this is complicated heavily by having superior versions of the molds released in such short order. Why would Hasbro rerelease FE Bumblebee when they got Prime Bumblebee on the shelf already?

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 02:56 PM   #56
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagger View Post
Knock-Out revealed @ Transformers' facebook page.

Eh... same sort of "not quite" vibe as Ratchet, isn't there? Got to be honest, over the past couple of years I've been getting more and more fed up with good engineering being ****ed up by lazy shit like crap plastic, minimal paint applications and so on. The FE toys I have seem to have reversed this trend a bit, but most of the RiD pictures I've seen seem to be sliding back to the same rubbish we've had since about 2008. ****ing lazy Chinese kids.

Old 2012-02-11, 11:33 PM   #57
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

The First Edition toys were designed to be a part of the Generations line originally, don't forget, so they were probably meant to be a bit more collector-focused than the newer Prime stuff (which, sadly, seems to be carrying on the tradition of DOTM with smaller toys, giant weapons and simpler engineering). That's probably why they're...well, pretty much universally better than any of their main-line counterparts. The designers were seemingly trying to make detailed, accurate poseable figures that I'd love, and not a chunky, gimmicky toy that my nephew would love. The main-line seems to go way off in the other direction.

They showed some Prime stuff at ToyFair, but I don't think there's much here that hasn't been seen before. That Bulkhead is new, but like every other Prime toy it's seriously inferior to the First Edition version.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 01:04 AM   #58
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
The First Edition toys were designed to be a part of the Generations line originally, don't forget, so they were probably meant to be a bit more collector-focused than the newer Prime stuff (which, sadly, seems to be carrying on the tradition of DOTM with smaller toys, giant weapons and simpler engineering). That's probably why they're...well, pretty much universally better than any of their main-line counterparts. The designers were seemingly trying to make detailed, accurate poseable figures that I'd love, and not a chunky, gimmicky toy that my nephew would love. The main-line seems to go way off in the other direction.

They showed some Prime stuff at ToyFair, but I don't think there's much here that hasn't been seen before. That Bulkhead is new, but like every other Prime toy it's seriously inferior to the First Edition version.
While I agree on Bulkhead, Cliffjumper, and Bumblebee being inferior to their FE versions, I actually think that the Arcee is better than her FE counterpart, and far more accurate in appearance, at least from the pics from Toyfare. Her bike mode is slimmer, and sleeker, and her humanoid mode is more accurate, and more feminine looking. The only thing I'm not fond of on her is the huge weapons.

Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 07:23 PM   #59
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK
Smile

Not sure if this is old hat or not, but I've just spotted Prime RiD Wave 1 Deluxes (Revealers, whatever...) in my local Sainsbury's. Three Bumblebees, two Wheeljacks and one each of Cliffjumper & Soundwave for 12.99 each. Seems they have reached the UK supermarkets now. Will the FOC toys be hot on their heels?

I have to agree with posts above praising the RiD packaging. It does look lovely. I like the fact that each figure has the wave number and it's number within the wave on the back of the card now (Bee 01/001, CJ 01/002, etc.). Don't know why. Guess I'm just a nerd for numbers...

Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 07:59 PM   #60
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Toy Robots + Serial Numbers = Geekgasm. It's simple science.

Excellent news that they're in Sainsburys - I was afraid they'd be an Argos exclusive; didn't fancy trying to pick up the whole line that way