[New RPG] Wreckers

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Chip1123
Protoform

Wreckers

Post by Chip1123 »

Are they a functional unit at this point of the RPG? If so, who is the leader? Could be interesting to actually have future 'Cons on the unit at the start :)
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I always figured that the Wreckers and other elite fighting units on both sides didn't appear until the war was in full swing.

This kind of went along with some thoughts I've been having. Will we be able to form "Teams"? Groups of bots/cons gathered together to perform certian types of missions.

I always figured the Wreckers were akin to US Army Rangers or the SAS or Canadian Airborne Pathfinders. Send them into the worst areas to clear the way, Eliminate priority targets (Not so much an individual, but bases, fortifications, etc), Rescue of VIP's etc.

For the cons, I can certianly imagine Megs building an Assassin's guild or what have you.

Both groups would have Intel groups (Ala KGB, MI-6, CSIS) and Black Ops/Problem solving groups (JTFII, SEALs, etc).

I sort of meant official teams, not just a random group thrown together for a mission, but something with a name, battle cry and job assignment - should Megs/Prime need a specific skill set.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Agreed, altough Jazz and Rapido are currently Special Forces members working as a branch of the Iacon Police. They're eventually going to evolve into a Special Forces unit as an army branch. The Special Forces unit will be a response unit, acting when something has happened. That's what I currently have in mind though, but that might change as the RPG progresses.

I always viewed the Wreckers as a unit that work pre-emptive. Being put together by somebody during the war, doing black ops stuff.

Hope that made sense :D
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I can deffinatly see some of these groups evolving from they're pre-war roots - but not becoming official until the war's full blow.

I deffinatly agree that the Wreckers would do Black Ops stuff - but I saw them as a bit more. They're problem solvers. They're a hammer and a chissel. Sometimes they're used for precise strikes, removing a problem with presission and skill. The right strike, at the right point on a rock can crumble it... other times, you just need to go at it with a sledge hammer - which I think the Wreckers would enjoy a whole lot more.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Chip1123 wrote:Are they a functional unit at this point of the RPG? If so, who is the leader? Could be interesting to actually have future 'Cons on the unit at the start :)
I don't think the unit would exist at the moment, because strictly speaking there's really no one around for them to wreck.

Although there's no reason why they couldn't form later, there's also no reason why they would have to. After all, Earth being what it is the Autobots might want to focus more on stealth than on brute force. Personally I'd rather see new groups of characters come together rather than just reforming the old ones, but I think it depends a lot on which characters are active and who they spend time with, in-game.
Brave Maximus wrote:This kind of went along with some thoughts I've been having. Will we be able to form "Teams"? Groups of bots/cons gathered together to perform certian types of missions.
I'm OK with teams forming, but personally I'd like to keep them fairly small (maybe three or four Bots working together, rather than eight or ten). Having small groups of characters that interact all the time would, I think, go a long way toward letting us flesh out our cast.

Also (and this isn't directed at you in particular, but at everyone) I would strongly discourage you from having all or most of your characters hang around in one group for too long. If you spend most of your time interacting with your own characters, IMO it kinda defeats the purpose of roleplaying.
Brave Maximus wrote:...Wreckers...
...precise...
Obviously you need to reread a few stories with the Wreckers in them. ;)
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

lol, I have to agree with keeping your characters in seperate groups...
I remember having far too many conversations with myself and the Neo's....

This time around, I want to try and keep 1 character per group...

wait... I only have one active character atm... and he talks to himself...

oh, I see how this is going to go...:nonono::swirly::nonono:
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I could see Gunrunner joining the Wreckers, if only to inflict more damage to the Decepticons. The rest, though... Sentinel isn't a team player. Plus, being a Prime and everything he won't have time to form a subgroup. Warpath might mingle and join the Wreckers as well due to association with Topspin, or any other groups he's liable to find.

Grimlock works alone. Unless the Wreckers recruit him. Or someone wants to play the Dinobots.

Decepticon-wise, though, I don't see any of my guys bar Skywarp joining a group. The whole point of Sixshot is that he works alone. Obsidian is a strategist, not a fighter. And unless Shockwave and Predacon wants to create a subgroup called the 'Sciencecons' with Scorponok, he's working alone as well.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Maybe characters could be assigned to different units when fighting breaks out.

When they get to earth who would they be more loyal to some newly annointed religious leader or their buddies from 3rd Iaacon infantry or given the casualties their will be survivors from their branch of service

Allt the Infantry survivors would be one faction vs all those from support services etc.

or at least Finback and Sharkticon vs all the flying types in Navy vs Airforce.

Plus when it gets really desperate you can form some unlikely bonds 3rd everyone who was at the recruitment centre at 2 o'clock last tuesday
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Or maybe those that went to the War Academy together?

Hey, got to promote my guy's stuff, you know.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Or maybe they don't exist in any form at all?
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Shine

Post by Shine »

Blaster wrote:Or maybe they don't exist in any form at all?
No Wreckers whatsoever?

Perhaps something new, then?
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I think the Wreckers have become an almost legendary part of Transformers history. Something everyone kind of wants to be a part of.

For me - I almost want to see a different group form the Wreckers this time around. Not just some "old boys club" of the same bots. "X has to be in the Wreckers because he's always been in the Wreckers, to the exclusion of other characters" - has always kinda irked me.

But again - We're a little early for this. Open hosilities haven't even opened.

I also think that more groups works. Or a few anyway.

I will say though... I do want Alpha Trion involved with the Wreckers - of any of my characters - partially to bring full circle the whole "universe" thing - and I think that he'd be the one to fit with it the most... for as long as he's around.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

The Academy class of 011 fought well :D

Plus Sentinel will get to make the Commandant Lassard speech when they graduate/survive we've even g9ot a Highttower in universe bwaahaa
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

IF Sentinel survives, that is. ;)

Agree that, say, the 'Roadbuster or Springer MUST be in the Wreckers' outlook is kind of rubbish. The Marvel fanboy in me wants nothing better than that, but the whole point of the Wreckers is an ever-rotating roster.

So... we'll just see how it goes when we do have the Wreckers, eh?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Brave Maximus wrote:I think the Wreckers have become an almost legendary part of Transformers history. Something everyone kind of wants to be a part of.
All the more reason to turf it and do something new.

Christ, we've started a new RPG and everyone is racing to do everything we've seen or done before.

I am seriously questioning why we're bothering to end the old RPG if we're not going to change anything.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blaster wrote:All the more reason to turf it and do something new.
Stop saying things that I agree with. :(

Talking about the Wreckers specifically, the conditions that created them -- a totally Decepticon-controlled Cybertron where the Autobots are fighting for their freedom -- don't exist and aren't going to exist. That doesn't mean that the team can't form some other way, but would they still be Wreckers in any sense that mattered?

And like Myles, I wish people would stop assuming that things are going to happen just because they happened before in other universes. Some familiar things might happen, but others won't.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

As others have said there won't necessary be a Wreckers however as were starting from the beginning their will be those who have served together fighting each other it will be more like civil war with friend against friend, doctor vs patient, boss vs worker etc . There will be more of a sense of betrayal in the rpg they have been different factions for millions of years but here they're going to draw a line in the sand and mechs will have to choose sides often opposing those they know and like.

Presumably just because someones always been an Autobot doesn't mean they have to be this time round and vice versa.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Decepticon Jetfire agrees with that last sentiment.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Not only that there doesn't have to be just two factions.

You could have Straxus' Tito to Megatron's Stalin

or the religious Autobot and the non religious Autobots
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Seconded. This is a new RPG, a fresh outlook. We can't just repeat everything we've done in the RPG, or fiction.

Obsidian might or might not be a Decepticon after he sees Cybertron destroyed like that... guy's got lots of potential that I just want to try pulling strings to get him to go into various places.