[New RPG] Mini-Cons...

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Blackjack

Mini-Cons...

Post by Blackjack »

Right, I've been thinking about this for a bit.

What are Mini-Cons in the RPG universe? So far we've got Ginrai and Pryde, but what exactly are Mini-Cons? Are we using the Unicron origin story? Or the Dreamwave bit where they are just a secondary race which for some reason could be engineered to provide power to the larger Transformers, with varying views on helping the Autobots and Decepticons? Or are they basically just like Micromasters, just tiny Transformers?

Or are we going to develop this bit at all?
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

As far as I'm concerned, Minicons are strictly an armada plot element, Energon able to use it as it was a continuance of the story, and maybe I can see them legitamately working in Cybertron, but otherwise I hate the term Minicon. What really should be micromasters, Hasbro has reapplied with the term Minicon. Minicons were a very specific race of micro-transformers that were created by Unicron to service his schemes until they broke free of him, but the term has come be applied to any small transformer that Hasbro wants to add to the bracket without having to think up a new name.

/end rant
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack wrote:Or are they basically just like Micromasters, just tiny Transformers?
Pretty much. Like Aero says, the term has basically been stripped of all meaning these days.

I tend to think of Micromasters as independent small Transformers and Minicons as small Transformers meant to interact with/augment bigger counterparts, like Armada Minicons or the PCC Targetmasters. I'm pretty sure that distinction is all in my head, though.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Warcry wrote:...Micromasters as independent small Transformers and Minicons as small Transformers meant to interact with/augment bigger counterparts, like Armada Minicons
:up:
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

so theyr'e clingy micromasters
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Aero Blade wrote:What really should be micromasters, Hasbro has reapplied with the term Minicon. Minicons were a very specific race of micro-transformers that were created by Unicron to service his schemes until they broke free of him, but the term has come be applied to any small transformer that Hasbro wants to add to the bracket without having to think up a new name.
But we aren't Hasbro, are we? I'm talking about, like, say the neutral faction that isn't Autobot and Decepticon but are hunted down as power boosts (maybe we can incorporate PCC into it?), which is Armada. Not every random small Transformer like what Hasbro has slapped the term to now.
Warcry wrote:I tend to think of Micromasters as independent small Transformers and Minicons as small Transformers meant to interact with/augment bigger counterparts, like Armada Minicons or the PCC Targetmasters. I'm pretty sure that distinction is all in my head, though.
It's in my head too.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

That's pretty close to the idea I had in my head (coming from the only guy AFAIK, who has Minicons...).

Simply thought they were a nutruel breed of Transformer, who generally cared for the maintence of the planet.

I always figured they could voluntarily powerlink to another Transformer, boosting an aspect of them (Pryde, for example could link, and provide extra power, boosting Skyfall Omega for a short period of time), or function as a Target Master companion.

As for forced linking, I figured the minicon would need to be broken. Something akin to mental torture/what not, as opposed to a "retrofit".

I don't know if this is a commonly know thing among transformers though. Just thinking - if it's voluntary - how many TF's would actually know about it.
My back story for Pryde is that minicons are second class citzens.
But, I'll adjust as needed.