• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2012-06-28, 06:15 AM   #281
fallon123
Protoform

Default CGI & MUSIC WAS GREAT!!

WOW!! CGI is really improving! The movie itself is probably one of the best action movies I've ever seen! The music was really really good too!! Best out of all the 3 movies!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JSwejv0Ldw

fallon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 10:06 PM   #282
optihut
Powermaster

Default So I've finally seen the movie

I really liked the first half and was wondering why everybody kept telling me how bad the movie was.
But then the explosions began... I kinda wonder why sequels always enlarge the "wrong" portions of successful movies - TF isn't great because of explosions, surely there is no need for 45+ minutes of that.

Oh well, anyway, I did like the whole disillusioned about a day job Sam plot. That exchange with Malkovich, where he tells him (quoting from memory, so don't hold me to it) something like "I've saved your life twice. I can't tell you any details, but trust me: I did some shit that matters. Frankly, I don't think I can do that at your company." was just brilliant, especially since he takes the job anyway.
But I would have preferred if they had kept that separate from the main plot. Sure, normally things are tighter and more exciting, if plots are intertwined and resolved at the same time, but putting decepticons into the office setting felt rather forced.

Also, the movie seemed to waffle between being a fun family friendly robot joyride and something darker. Introducing those bracelet bots to control people and show the decepticons actually killing civilians didn't quite fit the usual TF image, so I think it would have been better, if they had simply delivered the expected.
In addition, I found the resolution of how Sam got rid of his bracelet weak - instead of him doing something clever to remove it, it just decides that the mission is over and it can go home...

Another gripe is how Optimus Prime acts out of character by not leaving as promised. If the writers couldn't think of anything the autobots could do to save themselves after their rocket ship gets blown up, then it would have been preferable to have them all die, instead of coming up with this lame "Oh, this time we lied and actually weren't on that ship." solution.

Reading through this thread a bit, I guess I'm also in the minority when it comes to Megan Fox vs the blonde girl :P

So, yeah, once more a movie that has budget, actors, cgi and whatnot in place, but still falls short due to a terrible script. What a shame.

"Negativity creates nothing!" The Colonel, Orguss 02
optihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 11:03 PM   #283
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I dunno, I really, really liked Optimus just flat-out lying to Sam. He's just been betrayed and is surrounded by support personnel and whatever with no idea of who's working for who and what anyone will tell Sentinel to try and save Earth. This is an Optimus freed from Saturday morning cartoon morality (he kills, what, a dozen or so Transformers in the third one alone...) and the direct contrast with Megatron's Masterplan - where Optimus took the word of a lying, scheming bastard who's just hoodwinked the entire planet into believing something Optimus knows isn't true - was nicely done.

I still very much love DotM; I don't think on the balance either matches the first one (which benefitted from keeping things simple) but DotM is certainly better structured than RotF, it felt a lot less first draft-y.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 09:12 PM   #284
optihut
Powermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
I dunno, I really, really liked Optimus just flat-out lying to Sam. He's just been betrayed and is surrounded by support personnel and whatever with no idea of who's working for who and what anyone will tell Sentinel to try and save Earth. This is an Optimus freed from Saturday morning cartoon morality
Speaking of Saturday morning cartoons: I totally would have bought it, if - instead of having Starscream shoot it down - Megatron had rigged the rocket ship to be on a collision course with the sun and then have Optimus order Trailbreaker to encase everyone in a force field and have Cosmos tow them back to Earth :P

EDIT: To actually respond to one of your points - I agree that DotM was better structured than RotF, but I feel that overall it could have been much better with a few changes here and there.

"Negativity creates nothing!" The Colonel, Orguss 02
optihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 06:00 AM   #285
starlord
Triple Changer

I didn't like that they kill all the decepticons. Unlike the gobots who were the same species, decepticons were different species. It is contrary to the belief that all will be one unless in the fourth movie, Sentinel comes Galvy or Megs does. i am still suffering from revenge of fallen where Starscream has eggs. They should be probably have Sentinel be the new leader with Sceamer st his side.

A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
starlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 08:48 PM   #286
OptimusPrimeSucks!
Protoform

Amen!Why can't the decepticons ever win?!Man if only they would do a dbz type decepticon then there would be trouble!The autobots would get their afts royally kicked!Imagine a vegeta like decepticon...bring on the hurt!And nest they sicken me!Better yet do a clas with generator rex and ben 10 lets see how they would fare against evos and super powered aliens!

OptimusPrimeSucks! is offline   Reply With Quote