[New RPG] Do they have a choice?

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Shine

Do they have a choice?

Post by Shine »

I don't know if this question ever came up in the old(er) game, but I thought I'd ask you guys anyway. This might sound weird, too, so please just hear me out. lol

In regards to the creation of certain technology, such as Pretender shells, Head, Power and Targetmasters, will the Transformers designed for such technology be given a choice to accept it or not?

To be completely honest, I've never liked the whole 'Master thing. And writing for some little robot who spends a good deal of time sitting inside a larger robot's head confuses me somewhat. That, and I don't exactly care about the little fella; I'm more interested in writing for my actual Transformer. Pretenders are fine, it is just the 'Master concept that makes me pull funny faces.

When these certain technologies come about, would it be possible for the players, who don't fancy them a whole lot, to decline whatever it happens to be and keep their character(s) as they are?

Again, I know this is weird. But I had to ask. I really did.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

As far as I'm aware we're breaking new ground so if ,and theres no guarantee they will be developed the master technologies appear we could have Huffer headmaster or Sky Lynx or Mixmaster as a targetmaster. Just because a character has a certain gimmick in the toyline doesnt mean it needs to be repeated in the new RPG
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Their fate is in our hands, I suppose. I mean, Pretender Finback and six-changer Sixshot are still the same way as things are always were, but I don't see Scorponok becoming a Headmaster in this continuity.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Highbrow will, almost assuredly, not become a Headmaster. I don't forsee any of my characters going that route. Targetmaster or Pretender or Action-Master... maybe. Just never cared for Headmasters.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

I doaut that Chromedome is going to become a headmaster, Mindwipe is likely and I'm planing for another one of my characters to become one, but not Chromedome
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I doubt Nightbeat's going to become a Headmaster, Bludgeon's definately not going to become a Pretender.

Prime might become a Powermaster......... Might. But probably won't.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642