• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > The TFArchive RPG > RPG Thread Archive

Old 2011-03-22, 04:36 AM   #21
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Roads

"Uh..." Chopster was thrown a bit by Road Hugger's question. "Are you compatible? I haven't met many bulks with Powerlink ports for a long time now."

Combaticon Field Bivouac, Uptown

"Thank you," Onslaught told Doublecross again.

Then he turned to Ironworks. If he'd been equipped for it, he would have grinned.

"I appreciate your contributions," he said. "If you could set up holographic checkpoints and weapons emplacements to draw enemy fire away from our actual troopers, it would help a lot."

Approaching Protihex

Acid Storm cut through the sky over the Lunatic Fringe border region, then into the sparsely-populated Foothills region.

"You want to give your buddy a shout now?" he asked Detour.

Old 2011-03-22, 05:39 AM   #22
Blackjack
Micromaster

Acid Storm's Cockpit

"Sure." Detour activated his commlink system. "Hugger, it's me. Do you copy?"

Streets

"I thought so... too good to be true. I-" Whatever Road Hugger was about to say next to Chopster went unsaid when Detour's transmission came. "What the frag? I'm busy, Detour. Call me back later."

Despite his tone, Road Hugger didn't hang up on the transmission.

"We're here in Protihex, Huggy. Thought you might be able to help me. Or vice versa."

"You and Blackjack?"

"Nah. Left old 'Jack at Darkmount. We're tired of the Civil War. Blackjack works so much better alone... he uncovered a plot and-"

"Get to the point, Detour! Who's with you?"

"A Seeker by name of Acid Storm. One of Shockwave's old crew."

"Shockwave is around." Road Hugger muttered. "Tell your Seeker pal to get to these coordinates ASAP! We can't hold out much longer. The Imperials are invading our planet!"

Detour raised an optic ridge. "Oh dear. You got that, Storm?"

Old 2011-03-22, 11:40 PM   #23
miked23
Powermaster

Burlington, Ontario Canada

Roads

“With pleasure.” Brawl replied to Road Hugger as began firing his tanks main cannon at the incoming Imperial fighters. He kept driving even though he knew it left him open to being dive bombed, but at this point it seemed like a better option than getting cut off from Onslaught’s forces.

Crackshot was following not far behind Brawl, seeing the threat he began firing at the Imperials.

Old 2011-03-23, 01:23 AM   #24
Blackjack
Micromaster

Default OOC- What is Crack Shot's alternate mode?

Streets

Road Hugger screeched to a stop behind what amounted to a dumpster in Cybertron and opened fire at the Imperial jets from there.

A shot slammed onto the dumpster and sprayed junk all over Road Hugger. "Oi! My finish!" The ex-Micromaster hissed, before moving away to find a different cover. He hated this. He never fought against flying enemies in large bodies before. Used to be the four of them scrambled around, finding covers in drainpipes, in ventilation shafts, in old boxes, then sniped the jets' engines from there. Good times.

"Detour, you best get your chassis here fast!"

Old 2011-03-29, 05:09 AM   #25
Warcry

Roads

The Imperial fighters danced through the air, neatly evading Road Hugger, Crack Shot and Brawl's fire. If nothing else, though, the Combaticons' shots were keeping the fighters from lining up for a tight strafing run that would do a lot more damage than their hastily-aimed potshots could manage.

Chopster quickly rolled down his ride's window, then added his arm-mounted machine guns to the equation.

"So who are you talking to?" he asked Road Hugger.

Approaching Protihex

Acid Storm made a put-upon noise as he steered in the direction of the coordinates Detour had given him.

"This isn't what I came here for, not at all. This 'friend' of yours...is he really worth fighting for?"

Old 2011-03-30, 09:02 AM   #26
Blackjack
Micromaster

Streets

"Backup. I hope." Road Hugger told Chopster. "One of my old Patrol — the yellow one — and a Seeker. Will even the odds if we're luckywhoaaahholdon!"

A blast slammed close to Road Hugger's right flank. Too close for comfort as he drifted round a corner to avoid the next fussilade. "Brawl, Crack Shot, keep moving! We're more difficult targets this way!"

Opening a commlink to Onslaught, Road Hugger said, "Boss, this is R.H. We're engaging the Imps!"

Acid Storm's Cockpit

"My friend? Yeah." Detour told Acid Storm half-hearrtedly. "He's part of the Sports Car Patrol." As if that explained everything.

"Put it this way, though... if the Imperials kill them, we'll probably be next in line. Coward I may be, but I don't leave my friends in the line of fire."

Old 2011-04-01, 12:04 PM   #27
Blackjack
Micromaster

Decepticon shuttle

Sixshot remained impassive as the Decepticon shuttle shot from Crystal City towards Protihex, sailing over the territories that the hexchanger had never bothered to learn the names about; he was created when the Autobots had wrestled command of Cybertron away from the Decepticons, and when he was created all he had known was battle. Screw geography!

"Protihex is in sight, Commander Spinister." Sixshot growled, deep flanged voice breaking the silence as he steered the shuttle at a breakneck pace towards where the laserfire were detected.

Old 2011-04-03, 06:12 AM   #28
Warcry

Roads

Chopster tried to grab onto something, but Road Hugger's warning came too late and he flew out of the other Combaticon's window when he swerved. He bounced across the pavement for a few seconds, then looked up to see an Imperial fighter bearing down on him.

"That's all I needed to hear," Acid Storm told Detour. What he didn't say, however, was which part of the Micromaster's speech had convinced him. "I see two Imperial jets in my sights, about a kilometre ahead. Switching to missiles...got a lock on both of them. Firing!"

Chopster was sure he was going to die, but before the Imperial could take a shot at him, the enemy jet snapped up and rocketed toward the sky. It took the Minicon a few seconds to see why: a heat-seeking missile was following in it's wake. The other Imperial fighter had similarly gone evasive.

"Now's our chance, guys! Hit 'em while they're distracted!"

The Minicon did what he suggested, opening fire with his machine guns on the nearer of the jets.

Decepticon Shuttle

"Can you see where the Imperials have made camp?" Spinister asked Sixshot. Seeing the intent way in which the hexchanger was steering the shuttle, he assumed the answer was 'yes'.

Combaticon Field Bivouac

"What's your location, and do you need backup?" Onslaught asked Road Hugger.

Old 2011-04-03, 06:31 AM   #29
Blackjack
Micromaster

Streets

"We're here." Road Hugger transmitted his coordinates to Onslaught. "CHOPSTER!" Road Hugger yelled as the Minicon was thrown out. Instinctively Road Hugger transformed and rushed towards the felled Minicon, Scrapmaker cannon shooting into the air to drive away the Imperial bearing down on the dimunitive Transformer.

"We're holding our own, and we've got a bunch of Decepticons coming in to help. Much as I want backup, I don't think you can spare any, boss." Road Hugger told Onslaught.

He whooped as the Imperials veered off, and opened fire with his scrapmaker at the duo of enemy jets. "Backup's here, boss."

Detour nodded. "Thanks, Storm. I appreciate it." The Micromaster said, pulling out his pinprick laser pistols. "Funny thing, isn't it? We go away from Polyhex to find peace but war finds us anyway."

He opened a commlink to Road Hugger. "Well, Huggy? Y'ain't gonna thank us?"

"Later. After we kill these bastards."

Decepticon Shuttle

"The explosions are thataway." Sixshot told Spinister, a glint in his optics. "Ergo, the Imperials are thataway." Sixshot tapped a few keys into the display computer before him. "There's something big with energy signatures matching Imperials. They are that way. Decepticons, get ready!"

Old 2011-04-06, 02:45 PM   #30
Warcry

Roads

After Road Hugger's scrapmaker cannon blew the wing off of one of the jets, Acid Storm finished him off with a double blast from his hyperion cannons.

"Don't even joke about it, Detour. And if I find out that you knew what we were walking into, there's going to be trouble."

Chopster hobbled back toward Road Hugger. "I'm alright...I think," he said as he almost lost his footing. "Might be better if you carry me for a while, though."

He transformed into gun mode and extended a conventional handle instead of a Minicon port.

"I think you'll hit them better with me at long range."

Decepticon Shuttle

Spinister nodded. "Good work, Sixshot. I want you to fly over the Imperial camp and empty our auxiliarly energon reserves over top of them. Then point the ship skyward and use the engine exhaust to ignite the energon. That should distract the Imperials long enough for us to rendezvous with the Combaticons."

Combaticon Field Bivouac

"You're right. We're barely holding the line here as it is." Onslaught frowned. "Who came to help, Road Hugger?"

Old 2011-04-06, 09:35 PM   #31
miked23
Powermaster

Burlington, Ontario Canada
Default OOC: Sorry for the delay. Crack Shot’s alt mode is a Humvee.

Roads

Brawl had managed to avoid the attacks from the Imperials. He transformed and was about to return fire when both jets were destroyed by missile fire. Though Brawl knew that they could have taken down the imperial fighters eventually, he was relieved knowing that they would not have to waste time fighting them when there were more important battles raging.

“Friends of yours?” Brawl asked Road Hugger, unsure of who had just taken care of their problem.

Old 2011-04-08, 07:31 AM   #32
Blackjack
Micromaster

Roads

"I didn't." Detour told Acid Storm, deadpan. "Not until we- I- called Road Hugger anyway."

"My Patrolmate is in that Seeker." Road Hugger told Brawl. "In the nick of time, I'd say. Onslaught, do you copy? Imperials fighters destroyed. Detour came with a Seeker that took them out for us."

The ex-Micromaster picked the gun-mode Chopster up. "Yeah. I suppose so." Road Hugger sighed. "Times like this makes me wish I stayed little..."

Decepticon Shuttle

"That will leave our ship vulnerable. We can't refuel until the battle is over." Sixshot said. It wasn't a complaint, merely a cold statement of fact. They can't leave until the battle is over.

The hexachanger pushed the ship's speed to its limits and headed towards the Imperial camp. "Everybody, hold on." Sixshot said, tone almost bored. "Coming in hot into Imperial camp in five... four... three..."

Repugnus transformed into robot mode and scampered towards where Hyperdrive was, attached to a ion displacer turret in the open-air hangar bay. The Monsterbot grinned as he wrapped his arms around a safety handle and pulled out his venom blaster, pointing it outwards. Two violent psychopaths locked optics with one another and grinned. No questions were needed... It's killing time. And some time after this, I'm coming to get you.

They were facing forwards, and as soon as the Imperial camp came into view, Hyperdrive pressed the handle on his ion displacer turret, aiming to gun down one or two Imperials in sight. Repugnus likewise opened fire randomly.

"..two... one. In position. Ejecting external auxiliary Energon reserves."

The tanks attached to the bottom of the Decepticon shuttle slid open noiselessly, and Energon, in the form of a light blue fluid, poured out like a solid monsoon down upon the Imperial camp.

As soon as the Energon was ejected, Sixshot brought the shuttle to a hard turn to allow the Energon to descend a little onto the Imperial camp before pulling hard on the control stick, jerking the shuttle vertically upwards. The engines' flames shot out directly into the energon, and the shuttle was pushed upwards as well.

In the forward-pointing open-air hangar, Repugnus was thrown off his perch by the intertia, slamming to a pile of crates.

Hyperdrive was cackling like a madman.

Old 2011-04-11, 10:47 AM   #33
Subs
Headmaster

Wales, UK

Decepticon Shuttle

As the shuttle made it's pass over the Imperial camp Submarauder let loose with the nose mounted proton cannons and strafed the enemy forces assembled below.

The Pretender was thrown back into the gunner's seat as the ship pulled up hard and flew skyward. Imperial flyers then came into view and Submarauder fired off the cannons again but with the trajectory it was difficult to get a clear shot.

Old 2011-04-17, 05:59 AM   #34
Warcry

Roads

Acid Storm watched the last jet fall, then banked and swooped around their rescuees in a long, wide arc.

"So...what now, Detour? By the looks of it, we've flown into a war zone."

"Trust me, you've got it better now." Chopster chuckled. "Then again, you could move around in your alt-mode so maybe it wasn't so bad for you."

Decepticon Shuttle

"Yes," Spinister told Sixshot as he tightened his grip on his armrests. "That is rather the point."

Once the sixchanger had carried out his orders, Spinister raised his voice. "Sixshot, land us behind the Combaticon lines. Everyone, get ready to disembark! If it's moving and it's got an Imperial paintjob, kill it. And if it's Thunderwing, kill it twice just to be sure."

Imperial Camp

"Oh, well played..."

Several dozen of his own troops had just burst into flames and yet more of them pounded into debris by proton bursts, but Thunderwing couldn't help but smile.

They're not going to make this easy for me. Good.

"All fighters, to the skies! Ground troops, move out immediately! No quarter shall be given, and none asked! Slay them all!"

Combaticon Field Bivouac

"A seeker?" Onslaught asked. "One that you're familiar with, Road Hugger?"

Before the other Combaticon could reply, though, Onslaught's attention was drawn to the camp's forward picket line. Through the gunfire and explosions, he could clearly see the Imperials rushing his men.

Taking up his concussion rifle, he squared his shoulders and marched forward.

So it begins...

Old 2011-04-20, 01:49 PM   #35
Blackjack
Micromaster

Roads

"Sadly so, yes." Detour told Acid Storm. "Had it been anyone other than Hugger down there, I'd say we follow instinct and turn tail. What do you say, though?"

"I like being a tiny car." Road Hugger told Chopster. "Nobody aims for a tiny car, and you're just as fast small as big. Much easier to swerve and do crazy stunt stuff. Though tiny guns ain't as powerful as Scrapmaker miniguns."

"A bright green one with camo decals, Onslaught. And- ah, blast it." Road Hugger could hear the explosions from the commlink. "Brawl, Crackshot, let's move! Onslaught needs all the help he could get."

Decepticon Shuttle

"Aye, Commander." Sixshot told Spinister as he set the shuttle down behind the Combaticon lines. "You heard him! Take everything you can take from the shuttle, and get out there to kill the Imperials! DEATH!"

Sixshot strode towards the open hatch, transformed into his armoured ramming vehicle mode, hypersonic concussion cannons locking into place, and shot out of the shuttle, racing forwards towards the front line, aiming to charge headlong and break through the stormtroopers before doing more serious damage.

The main course.... Thunderwing.

Hyperdrive and Repugnus likewise regained their bearings. The former charged forwards, waving his bazooka like a madman, launching a shell at the swarm of flying Imperials.

Repugnus transformed into beast mode and followed Sixshot, coming onto step beside Onslaught. "Hey, fellow ex-Autobot! Remember me?" Before swinging his schytes as he leapt and hacked onto the first Imperial he saw.

Old 2011-04-23, 06:30 AM   #36
Warcry

Roads

"What do I think?" Acid Storm asked dryly. "My head says it's time to give you another taste of my ejector seat, dump you here and take my chances anywhere else." He chuckled. "But if I listened to my head, I wouldn't be in this mess to start with. If you want to fight them, Detour, then I'm with you."

"Whereas when you're a gun or an axe," Chopster told Road Hugger, "the only time anyone cares about you is when they can use you to kill something."

Decepticon Shuttle

Where Sixshot was radiating intensely focused hat, Spinister was the epitome of calm. He strode slowly out of the cabin and collected his two Nebulan partners, then waved Needlenose over.

"What do you need me for, boss?"

"Air cover," Spinister told him. "I only saw one seeker out there on our way in. Hopefully that's not the Combaticons' entire air force. Either way, I need you to keep the fighters off of our ground troops."

"Got it," Needlenose nodded. "What 'bout you?"

"Thunderwing is our there," Spinister said, as if that was an explanation. And to Needlenose, it was.

The other Targetmaster just nodded and said, "Good hunting, boss. Try and come back in one piece."

"And you," Spinister told him before he transformed and flew off.

Combaticon Field Bivouac

"Not especially," Onslaught told Repugnus. He smashed an oncoming Imperial aside with his shield, then blasted another with his concussion rifle. "But as long as you're here to kill the guys in green, welcome to the team!"

He might have said more, but the sight of an achingly familiar, dreadfully remembered robot drew his eyes. Standing at the back of the Imperial legion that was overrunning his camp, his face alight with haughty pride, was Thunderwing himself.

"Combaticons, attack!" he shouted. "Tomahawk, Tailwhip and Windburn, give me some ground troop support! Darkstream, Sunspot, Jetblade and Skyburst, get in the air and take on those fighters! Backfire, Brimstone, Oil Pan, Payload and Chopsaw, stay behind cover and pick off any Imperials you can find. Breacher, Crankstart, Steelshot and Firetrap, transform to vehicle mode and follow me in!"

As his troops, such as they were, fell into line, Onslaught himself transformed to armoured carrier mode and charged the Imperial line. He didn't plan on slowing down until he'd sunk the blades of his minesweeper into Thunderwing's chest.

Old 2011-04-23, 10:15 AM   #37
Blackjack
Micromaster

Roads

Detour chuckled dryly as well. "Thanks, Storm. I really appreciate it, I really do. Now let's go protect our home."

"Smolder seems to like you a lot." Road Hugger told Chopster as he transformed back into vehicle mode, hand retracting with Chopster still on it, which caused the Minicon to end up back on the driver's seat. "My transmission is shot, but I think we can get up that building. Snipe the Imperials. Unless you want to use that fire ax mode of yours?"

Combaticon Field Bivouac

(OOC: What, no Spastic?)

Repugnus whooped. "Let's par-TAY!" the Monsterbot launched himself into the air with his powerful hind legs, bouncing off the now-mutilated Imperial, whirled in the air and landed atop Onslaught's vehicle mode, his schyte-claws and meat hooks unsheathed, ready to dive deep into Thunderwing when Onslaught impacted.

His optics shone brightly, sending his strobe effect onto any Imperial stupid enough to charge Onslaught.

Like Onslaught, Sixshot had spotted Thunderwing. His wheels ground the chest of the Imperial he had slammed to carve a way past the front lines, then he transformed into his tank mode and opened fire, tearing down several of the Imperials in his way.

He knew someone else who held a grudge... "Spinister! I have located Thunderwing." he spoke to his commlink.

The hexachanger then transformed into jet mode, took into the air and began opening fire with his hypersonic concussion cannons, sending solid energy at the former noble, former Decepticon, former leader... and now traitor to all.

Hyperdrive launched another bazooka blast towards the Imperial forces, watching with glee as two or three troopers died. When Onslaught called for a charge, the Micromaster ran like a madman possessed, making unintelligible sounds as he charged beside the Combaticons.

Old 2011-04-30, 05:09 AM   #38
Warcry

Roads

Acid Storm was about to respond to Detour when Needlenose dropped in on his wing.

"Hi!" the Targetmaster chirped, all too cheerfully. "Looks like you guys could use a little help. Should I..." He trailed off, evidently recognizing the markings on the seeker's wings. "You two were in Kaon," he said. "You're with Megatron. We're not going to fight now, are we?"

Chopster returned to robot mode so his blades wouldn't shred Road Hugger's interior.

"You're the soldier," he said with a shrug. "Me, I just point and shoot."

Combaticon Field Bivouac

(OOC: I didn't want anyone calling the British tabloids on me...)

Onslaught rolled right over one Imperial, then blasted a second apart with his turret gun. The rest of his small armour unit did the same, forcing the Imperials' ground troops to retreat back toward defensible positions. Tactically, it was a victory. But from a personal perspective Onslaught found it vexing. If the Imperials had continued their surge, it would have been so much easier for him to tear into Thunderwing... Now, the traitor had withdrawn to the safety of the Imperial lines.

"That only means we kill more of his troops before we find him," Onslaught said to himself as his cannons fired.

"So have I," Spinister told Sixshot as he hovered over the battlefield. "Draw him away from our allies so that we can target him with the full brunt of our firepower."

Old 2011-04-30, 07:39 AM   #39
Blackjack
Micromaster

Roads

"Tell him we quit!" Detour all but yelped at Acid Storm when he recognized the other Decepticon. "Tell him we quit Megatron, Storm! That's Needlenose, that's a Mayhem, he'll kill us!"

Despite Needlenose being... Needlenose, Detour was all aware of the Mayhem Attack Squad's infamous reputation.

Road Hugger chuckled, revved his engines and headed towards the building he had pointed out.

Combaticon Field Bivouac

(OOC: You're Canadian. Screw the British tabloids!)

Repugnus continued to use his strobe effect to stun any Imperial troops that charged them. "You make it sound like a bad thing, Chuckles." He leapt onto a group of Imperials and used his powerful hind legs to kick him onto the ground, and slashed down with his schyte-claws at the trooper immediately in front of him. His maw flared up and he spat out a tiny fireball at another Imperial trooper. "Tell me this, Onslaught... are y'all what's left of the government here?"

"Done." Sixshot told Spinister as he banked down towards Thunderwing, and roared with rage as he launched a strafing run with his hypersonic concussion cannons, targeting all his fury at Thunderwing.

All the pain, all the betrayals... payback!

"THUNDERWING!" Sixshot roared, transforming into robot mode and hovering in the air, a concussion cannon held in one arm and his nanosword held in the other. "COME FACE ME!"

Old 2011-05-07, 04:26 AM   #40
Warcry

Roads

Acid Storm was about to try and calm Detour down when Needlenose piped up.

"I haven't been a Mayhem in a long time, thank the Matrix, so your little buddy can calm down. I don't wanna kill anyone but Imps today."

"That makes three of us," Acid Storm told him. "Detour, I'm going to set down so that you can get out and help your buddy. Needlenose and I are going to cover you."

Combaticon Field Bivouac

Onslaught grunted to Repugnus. "Allegedly there's a mayor," he told the Monsterbot. "But considering what we're in the thick of, I wouldn't count on him or any of our Autobot allies being alive."

The Combaticon leader transformed to robot mode, swatted a grenade back at the Imperial who'd thrown it with his shield and followed up with a sonic blast from his wrist gun.

"Why do you ask?"

Thunderwing looked up at Sixshot with an expression of vague disinterest on his face even as the strafing run blasted several of his guards. "Hmm...have we met?" he asked. "I pride myself on not forgetting a face, but really I only bother to remember someone who matters. Peons like you just blur together."

Spinister was taken aback by the overconfident tone in Thunderwing's voice. He'd heard it before, along with the slight hint of madness that accompanied it. The Targetmaster he heard his former leader talking like that aboard the Ark when the power of the corrupted Matrix was flooding him, and again when he'd fallen under the sway of Unicron's life-force.

By now, Spinister thought dryly, you really think he'd have learned his lesson...