The Transformers Archive Skip to main content / Also skip section headers

[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

 
  • transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-31, 02:28 AM   #21
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker
 
Jaynz's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagger View Post
Seeing as (so far) two figures in the set are Diaclone throwbacks*, it's a shame the rest won't be following the same theme.
Did I miss something? What other one is a Diaclone throwback?
 
Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 02:35 AM   #22
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause
 
zigzagger's Avatar
 
Default

Ultra Magnus.

That's the word on the street, anyway. I think most folks are going by the promotional art on the front page of the Botcon website.
 
zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 02:38 AM   #23
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker
 
Jaynz's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagger View Post
Ultra Magnus.

That's the word on the street, anyway. I think most folks are going by the promotional art on the front page of the Botcon website.
That's really stretching it.. there's some Diaclone look to him, but not all that much. Maybe if Diaclone Powered Convoy and Laser Ultra Magnus had a baby.. that was evil...
 
Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 08:04 PM   #24
Tramp
Unicron
 
Tramp's Avatar
 
Buffalo, NY
Default

The SG Tracks looks sweet. I wonder how many people are actually going to slap a couple of red Autobot symbols on him and repurpose the figure as Road Rage. I've already repainted a RTS Tracks into Road Rage, though I do still need a flame decal for the hood. (I kept the rub sign too.)
 
Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 10:45 PM   #25
poyguimogul
Life is.. So unpredictable..
 
The mini-apple.
Default

*Way off the botcon topic, but I want to share a random thought.

So Decepticharge, the original mold that BT Arcee is made from, is just a BT Overdrive/ALT Windcharger with a new head & paint job. That head was originally designed to be Megatron. So wouldn't BT Arcee be like Super Shattered Megatron.


 

Last edited by poyguimogul; 2011-12-31 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Just for you Tramp :p
poyguimogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 10:49 PM   #26
Tramp
Unicron
 
Tramp's Avatar
 
Buffalo, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyguimogul View Post
*Way off the botcon topic, but I want to share a random thought.

So Decepticharge, the original mold that BT Arcee is made from, is just a BT Overdrive/ALT Windcharger with a new head. That head was originally designed to be Megatron. So wouldn't BT Arcee be like Super Shattered Megatron.
Actually, that head was originally designed for WindCharger, as stated in the notes on the TFWiki pages for both Decepticharge and Windcharger.
 
Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 11:17 PM   #27
poyguimogul
Life is.. So unpredictable..
 
The mini-apple.
Default

I've heard it both ways.
 
poyguimogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 05:38 PM   #28
Knightdramon
Primus
 
Knightdramon's Avatar
 
York, UK
Default

Soundwave revealed today.

Man, so far, this set was supposedly going to rock our socks off. It's more MEH than the Wings of honour giftset.
 
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 05:42 PM   #29
poyguimogul
Life is.. So unpredictable..
 
The mini-apple.
Default

Shattered Soundwave (aka Cold Slither tour van?) G.I. JOE nod
His head is BIG because there is an ADD-ON Headband avail. @ Botcon.



(Despite how it may look, I'm a rare expensive exclusive release, not a knock-off.)


 

Last edited by poyguimogul; 2012-01-03 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Bot is a mess. So is the SUV, but at least it's more visually appealing. (minus Zartan's band is more G2 First-Aid to me)
poyguimogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 06:03 PM   #30
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker
 
Jaynz's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
Soundwave revealed today.

Man, so far, this set was supposedly going to rock our socks off. It's more MEH than the Wings of honour giftset.
I'm glad I went from Transformers to Gundam toys, honestly. This guy was supposed to be a 'centerpiece' for this year's set.. and it's rather uninspiring. Bad mold (honestly, the worst of the Classics-Verse by far), odd new head, and rather uninspired deco.

Come on, let SG just die already.
 
Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 07:54 PM   #31
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster
 
inflatable dalek's Avatar
 
Kidderminster UK
Red face

Well... Tracks was really good wasn't he?
 
inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 08:01 PM   #32
poyguimogul
Life is.. So unpredictable..
 
The mini-apple.
Default

There is a remaining mold rumor list on another site, which I have transposed here. They claim from a reliable source, which probably means some *expletive deleted* chinese factory worker blogged about it somewhere.
Take it with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila.

The remaining mold rumor list :

- Metalhawk (Generations THUNDERWING repaint with new head)
- Gigatron (Overlord) (Revenge of the Fallen BLUDGEON repaint with new head)-confirmed!
- Octopunch (Hunt for the Decepticons SEA SPRAY repaint with new head)
- Spinister (Hunt for the Decepticons TOMAHAWK repaint)
- Treadshot (Reveal The Shield JAZZ repaint)-confirmed!
- Kick Off (Reveal The Shield JAZZ repaint)
- SG Tracks (Reveal The Shield TRACKS red repaint)-confirmed!
- SG Ultra Magnus (Reveal the Shield G2 OPTIMUS PRIME repaint)
- SG Soundwave (Universe IRONHIDE repaint with new head)-confirmed!
- SG Junkions (possibly Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrapheap done in Insecticon colors)
- SG Swindle (Universe HOUND, this one strikes me as possibly incorrect because of how similar Swindle would be to BotCon 2011 Turbomaster and because of the gang molded Ravage)
 

Last edited by poyguimogul; 2012-01-06 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Treadshot is a disappointment, as it's not a classic GUN Megatron in black w/ new head. Rubbish! Metalhawk = make or break it
poyguimogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 08:03 PM   #33
Tramp
Unicron
 
Tramp's Avatar
 
Buffalo, NY
Default

Tracks and Overlord (aka Gigitron) look good, IMO. Soudwave, however, I've never liked that base mold, so meh.
 
Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 08:37 PM   #34
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door
 
Cliffjumper's Avatar
 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyguimogul View Post
- Spinister (Hunt for the Decepticons TOMAHAWK repaint)
That one actually has promise if they don't screw the colours up; I probably would have bought Tomahawk by now if he was a real character. But then I keep getting tempted by Highbrow, so what do I know?
 
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 08:40 PM   #35
poyguimogul
Life is.. So unpredictable..
 
The mini-apple.
Default

/\* Did you pick up JP-DotM Vortex? Decent Tomahawk repaint/ remold.
(though it substituted the proper 3mm missiles w/ rubbish mechtech gun)

/\** Highbrow, (while not the namesake) is still pretty awesome.
High detail WWII plane. Pilot looking bot. KINDA reminds me of Gobot BOLT.

-Spinister, can easily have some Targetmasters retrofitted with 3mm clips.
So like you say, it's all about the colors. RotF Spinister was pretty decent for a str8 repaint and a legend. Hopefully that's a positive sign... but probably not related.

*Edit* Wishful Thinking : Since Treadshot is RUMOR'd to be a Jazz repaint, I hope they are going for UNIVERSE Treadshot, which was a car, and was in fact an unoffical DEAD-END homage, that would be delightful. Unless like the Universe figure it had his name painted on him. That would be annoying.*
 

Last edited by poyguimogul; 2012-01-04 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Doesn't know the facts....
poyguimogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 09:59 PM   #36
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause
 
zigzagger's Avatar
 
Talking

Ha! Wow, that's...that's just awful.

Agree that the rumored Spinister sounds promising, though. As does that Kick Off.
 
zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 05:11 PM   #37
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door
 
Cliffjumper's Avatar
 
Smile

It really does look like a KO, doesn't it?
 
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 05:36 PM   #38
numbat
Legends Class
 
numbat's Avatar
 
Scotland, UK
Default

Wow...

Those are remarkably uninspiring...

In particular, Overlord is a total cluster*&^$.
 
numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 11:28 PM   #39
poyguimogul
Life is.. So unpredictable..
 
The mini-apple.
Default Treadshot

While I assumed correct that it was Universe Treadshot, the colors do no justice to support the original versions, Dead-End homage. Sad? A little. But still a decent looking figure. Much better then the original which was an Armada Sideswipe repaint. Just the worst mold of Transformers:Armada.*Edit* He's shattered yet uses his normal colors?





*Edit2* His original colors are more purple, to make this guy shattered they have rendered him in Armada Sideswipe colors.. Crazy-ness..



**These two had a kid.. and this is it..**
 

Last edited by poyguimogul; 2012-01-06 at 01:38 AM.
poyguimogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 11:31 PM   #40
Tramp
Unicron
 
Tramp's Avatar
 
Buffalo, NY
Default

Not bad. It would look even nicer if that silver extended down the entire length of the car mode though.
 
Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
 
[the-hub.co.uk]
[transfans.co.uk]
[oneshallstand]
[unicron.com]
[counter-x.net]
[ntfa.net]
[allspark.com]
[transformertoys.co.uk]
[tfu.info]
[botchthecrab.com]
[obscure_tf]
[tfradio.net]
 

[TFArchive button]
Link graphics...

BOOKMARK US
Or in FF, hit Ctrl+D.