[New RPG] Any different interpretations?

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Ulcrain
Protoform

Any different interpretations?

Post by Ulcrain »

Is there any charachters who you're playing differently to their other fiction and bio apperences?

With me its Mindwipe, who I'm playing very differently to his normal deception as a mystic, insted playing him as a ex cop with severe problums. This is because I want for him to grow into the mystic phase once Fallen came in.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

My characters aren't that much different from their originals.

I'm trying to establish Kup as the same kind of character he is in LSotW without the Cygar. He's pretty much a badass guy that'll kick the crap out of you if you don't follow orders. :p

Ultra Magnus is pretty much the super soldier that he was, altough I'm planning on adding some minor flaws to him in the hopes of making the character more interesting.

Volks was pretty much a blank slate, so I have free reign with the guy. :D

With Jazz, I'm trying something a little different. He's not going to be the same character that we know altough he might develop into that direction once we get to Earth.

Wheeljack is pretty much same old Wheeljack. Love the original so I want to play that as much as I can. :)

Who the heck would want to change the awesome character that is Tarantulas? He's pretty much his Beast Wars counter part with a little something of my own mixed into it so that he fits in the New RPG continuity. :)

And lastly Springer, but I'm not going to tell what I have mapped out for that guy :p
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ginrai is completely different from the original version. I always felt that Ginrai became the leader during the Masterforce era because he looked like Optimus Prime. Metalhawk picked up a lot of the slack and Ginrai learned on the go. I was/am quite curious to see what Ginrai does when he's not in command - especially with the history he has. He's honnestly the one characters I am REALLY looking forward to developing on Earth.

God Bomber is also different... in that he has a personality AND does stuff... He isn't just a Magic Mushroom for Ginrai. He's not going to be the nicest, most talkative guy on the planet.... but there's something to him. It will also be interesting to play a character that doesn't have a spark.

Fortress Maximus there has been so many different versions of FM that it would be impossible to really "stay true" to the character.

Alpha Trion is much more of a "for the greater good" character than he's ever been. He doesn't hold an allegance to one side or the other, but wants the war over. He's willing to do a lot more for the greater good and has done some very bad things that weigh heavily on him. He's even willing to make the ultimate sacrifice if nessisary.

Hunter Will end up pretty close to his in-cannon character... not sure if that's a good thing or not ;)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Mmm, Scorponok for one is more of a mad scientist-cum-Senator instead of a generic Japanese villain, a lifeless city transector, a Decepticon leader with doubts of his true competence or a Bond villain. A lot of Scorponok's portrayal is inspired by IDW and Marvel comics, certainly (the late old RPG Scorponok is basically the Marvel guy), but I'm trying a new spin on him.

Grimlock, meanwhile, is more like how Furman portrayed him in the Marvel comics, except that he is not so nice. Also, Decepticon. And when we get to Earth, he's not going to be the same Grimlock we know and love.

For Obsidian it's not so much taking him in a different direction in that I'm actually letting him get some screen time and developing the interesting background that the BM cartoon didn't explore. I've always felt that Obsidian (really, the Vehicons in general) are underused.

Sentinel Prime is a means to an end. I've only made his jerkassness more evident through his words and monologue, so he actually keeps himself in check around guys like Yoketron and Zeta Prime, but he's an absolute dick to everyone else. Although I have to admit, I ended up having fun playing him anyway.

Sixshot is a fresh spin on the character, but he's still the same old IDW weapon of doom. Albeit now he's probably more cold-blooded and less jokey.

Skywarp didn't have any proper appearances where he actually does something instead of just being another thug to speak of unless you count that dire Bumblebee miniseries from IDW. So you can say that basically making him what the Joker would be if he had teleportation powers and is a psychopathic dimwitted thug instead of a psycopathic mastermind might be a fresh start. Writing Skywarp makes me happy.

Prowl, again, while I try and take him in new directions, he's still the same prickly, manipulative Prowl that I loved from Nick Roche, Simon Furman, James Roberts and Zigzagger. You'll probably see him in action too, though, instead of stuck behind a desk all the time.

The Fallen, I'm taking in a direction that's more of a Satan figure (or at least a delusional Hitler that's able to lob eldritch power beams around) than his previous incarnations where he's more of a plot device than an actual character. He's trying to tempt everyone around him while trying to recover his spent powers. Also, he's a real coward as well, as inspired by his Movieverse incarnation. Screw anyone who thinks that Dreamwave's version of the Fallen is any good.
Starscreamg1
Protoform

Post by Starscreamg1 »

Older thread but I'm bumping it.

Yes I've taken a slightly different angle with my character in the RP

Starscream In some ways hes the same but in other areas Ive altered it bit. This RP is a reboot so Ive more or less rebooted my char. Hes pretty young, a Decepticon but has never /been/ a 'Decepticon', though.. he has been in his own way and doesn't realize it. He's arrogant as usual, somewhat outspoken ( >_> ), has an extreme sense of selfworth (he thinks hes all that and a bag of energon goodies). Hes educated and knows what he knows and knows a lot of it. Because hes young and somewhat inexperienced, hes got a lot of booksmarts but not a lot of street smarts...yet.

His hated for Megatron isn't there..yet. Who knows in this reboot it may never develop but whos to say. He's a scientist and a good one and he knows it. He has a cruel streak in him (particularly in some of his 'research' on 'specimens') and researching anything in any way to get the answers hes looking for is not above him, or beneath him. I've also kept the 'Explorer' skill/occupation he was known for in G1 as well.

This Starscream's 'flight or fight' instinct is a lot more controllable then other Starscreams. Meaning hes not the outward (mistaken for) coward it seems in a lot of canon hes labeled as. Though in an extreme situation you'd see the more traditional Starscream (after all, his life is the most important thing you know :p). Hes manipulative but in a very subtle way -- theres more finesse to it, or at least thats what I will be attempting to do.

But one thing is the same, he is best friends with Skyfire. I want to try and make that a more developed thing with this Starscream. Make it that much more important to him. And it will be his one weakness above anything else.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Starscreamg1 wrote:
His hated for Megatron isn't there..yet. Who knows in this reboot it may never develop but whos to say. He's a scientist and a good one and he knows it. He has a cruel streak in him (particularly in some of his 'research' on 'specimens') and researching anything in any way to get the answers hes looking for is not above him, or beneath him. I've also kept the 'Explorer' skill/occupation he was known for in G1 as well.
Well, I'm sure he dispises Tarantulas right now so it's a start :p

But one thing is the same, he is best friends with Skyfire. I want to try and make that a more developed thing with this Starscream. Make it that much more important to him. And it will be his one weakness above anything else.
Are you going to play Skyfire too? Wheeljack and Highbrow wouldn't mind some assistance in their work :D Unless he's going to be a 'Con :glance:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Starscreamg1
Protoform

Post by Starscreamg1 »

Springer85 wrote:Well, I'm sure he dispises Tarantulas right now so it's a start :p

Ohyea... Hahah too funny how those two instantly do NOT like each other. :lol: Is Tarantulas BW sized in this AU? IF so he'd be about half the height, if that, of Starscream, right? Im not that knowledgeable on BW. It wasnt my thing to be honest so I probably only know enough about BW to be stupid with it. hehe
Are you going to play Skyfire too? Wheeljack and Highbrow wouldn't mind some assistance in their work :D Unless he's going to be a 'Con :glance:
I am thinking about it. I can do 'alt interaction' pretty good if I say so myself and am considering it. I need to get a better feel of this verse first though I think before I give it a shot. If that makes any sense. Im actually thinking a bit from Skyfires POV as I consider taking him or not. I don't think hes going to switch sides but how he comes to that decision wont be so cut and dry perhaps. Least thats where it stands now. I will think about it for a little bit more and decide (on taking him or not)
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Quickswitch - All I've found of QS's canon is his tech spec and his toy commercial for official material. There will be a little bit of everything I guess. Not wanting to spoil his backstory or plans for him, though he is clearly "equipped with six different modes" like his tech spec indicates, rather than born that way like Sixshot.

Sky Lynx - Sky Lynx has a backstory, but he's also been evolving as I play him. He's indescribable and insufferably unique. He's a morale boosting lieutenant commander of the Autobot forces. Somewhere between dragon and gryphon, as well as part dino-bird and lynx, all stuffed into a space-shuttle with a massive cargo hold and an ego bigger than Cybertron.

Incision - Incision is an almost entirely different backstory for the character Cuthroat. He's an Autobot and aristocrat, a surgeon who will through turns of events join the Decepticons one day.
[sigpic][/sigpic]