• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2015-12-27, 02:02 PM   #781
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
My family got me City of Lost Children on DVD. Haven't seen it for a while, but remember really enjoying the bizarre fairy tale. I told my wife we have to watch it again ourselves to make sure that it's acceptable for the children before subjecting them to it!
Incredible film!

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-28, 12:29 AM   #782
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Ant-Man BD - Hadn't seen it, still haven't. Bought due to compulsive completionism.
Spider-man 3 BD - Previously the only Spider-man movie I didn't own. Hooray, I guess.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 07:53 PM   #783
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Finally got Batman: The Animated Series Volume 2, completing the pre-Superman run. Once I get Volume 4, I'll have all of the pre- Justice League Batman episodes.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 06:21 AM   #784
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Smile

It was a year or two ago now, but when my wife found V4 for me it was on Barnes & Noble's site. Maybe check there?

TAS really is a great show, isn't it? Well worth tracking down.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 06:45 AM   #785
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

I just found out that I accidentally won seasons 1 and 2 of Everybody Hates Chris for 97 cents apiece. Plus $4 shipping, but that's still not too bad. Unfortunately the guy doesn't combine shipping, and someone outbid me on season 3, and he didn't have season 4. I was kind of hoping to get outbid on all of them and just get the whole series from Amazon for $30, but now the hunt will be exciting.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 01:06 PM   #786
Heinrad
Ironmod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
It was a year or two ago now, but when my wife found V4 for me it was on Barnes & Noble's site. Maybe check there?

TAS really is a great show, isn't it? Well worth tracking down.
Hadn't thought of checking there. I'll given them a shot.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Old 2016-01-02, 02:15 PM   #787
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' - A direct sequel to Battle Of Gods, which I find to be the superior of the two. I'm not saying Resurrection 'F' is bad but I feel like BOG was just simply better.

The Road - Starring Viggo Mortenson and Kodi Smit-McPhee is based on the book of the same name, written by Cormac McCarthy.

True Dectective season 1 steel book - A highly acclaimed tv show starring Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson and Michelle Monaghan.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 02:51 PM   #788
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

Night Court: Seasons 7-9 The final 3 seasons from one of the 4 sitcoms that I actually love. An insanely funny show about the misadventures of an NYC court. Great cast, fairly decent continuity for an sitcom from the 80s-90s. The final 3 seasons feature some decent attempts at serialization with season long subplots and even some more "serious" dramatic stories and the occasional social commentary while still still having one of the most funniest, kind of surreal and bizarre season finale cliffhangers at the end of season 8 and equally funny, touching, surreal, bizarre and definite "this is the end" series finales at the end of season 9 you can find in American sitcoms.

Spider-Man Trilogy on Blu-Ray I found all 3 in the 8 dollar bin at Wal-Mart and figured what the hell? My birthday is coming up and I want these films.

Orange is the New Black: season 2 on Blu-Ray.

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 03:13 PM   #789
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

I miss Night Court. Watching Cheers, I've seen the odd appearance of Harry Anderson as Harry the Hat, which is what I like to imagine Judge Harry does on his days off, and it's given me the desire to rewatch that series. John Larroquette, too, as I've been watching The Brink, and he really was at his best on that show.

Old 2016-01-04, 09:59 AM   #790
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrad View Post
Finally got Batman: The Animated Series Volume 2, completing the pre-Superman run. Once I get Volume 4, I'll have all of the pre- Justice League Batman episodes.
I thought Volume 3 also had pre-Superman episodes...unless you own that one already

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 11:08 AM   #791
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Also, Event Horizon on blu-ray! Haven't had this one since VHS - and I amusing remember more about the circumstances where I acquired it back in '99 or whatever than I do about the movie.

Also, uh, MLP:FiM season 2 on dvd.

Old 2016-01-04, 07:24 PM   #792
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Walmart has cheap Tarantino movies for Hateful 8, so I picked up Reservoir Dogs on BluRay for five bucks.

Old 2016-01-10, 02:08 AM   #793
Heinrad
Ironmod

Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse - I wanted to see this movie when it hit theaters....... but it never showed up around here. It's a fun movie.

Old 2016-01-13, 02:07 AM   #794
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man Wade View Post
I miss Night Court. Watching Cheers, I've seen the odd appearance of Harry Anderson as Harry the Hat, which is what I like to imagine Judge Harry does on his days off, and it's given me the desire to rewatch that series. John Larroquette, too, as I've been watching The Brink, and he really was at his best on that show.
I don't know if any VOD and streaming services that have it, seasons 1-3 are reasonably priced but seasons 4-9 are really expensive due to them being MODs (made on demand) from Amazon and WB's sites going close for $30 US a pop. The only reason I got the last 3 seasons was dumb luck due to having money and they were on sale for $20 a pop during a 12 hour window sale and I had the money and checked on Amazon.

My birthday was on the 10th and I got:
The Terminator, The Patriot: The Extended Cut, and It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie on blu-ray.

Old 2016-01-16, 12:57 PM   #795
HeavyArms
Unicron

Ex Machina - A great, thought provoking independent film about an Internet billionaire who asks one of his employees to administer the Turing test to an android with artificial intelligence, starring Domhnall Gleeson, Alicia Vikander and Oscar Issac.

Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem.

Spy - Action/Spy/Comedy starring Melissa McCartney, Jude Law, Rose Byrne and Jason Statham.

Old 2016-01-23, 03:21 PM   #796
HeavyArms
Unicron

American Ultra - Starring Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart in an action comedy about a stoner slacker who finds out that he's a sleeper agent.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Volumes 10-12.

Old 2016-01-26, 01:55 PM   #797
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

I rarely buy domestic movies on DVD, mostly because the popular film genres in Finland are really not to my tastes, and I have little to no interest in the "classics" which are often just bland and unambitious period pieces, but this one is an exception; Sampo, a 1959 fantasy film based on the national epic, and some of you might even recognize it by it's American title The Day the Earth Froze which was featured on MST3K.

Old 2016-01-26, 09:46 PM   #798
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

The video rental store across the street is consolidating with the one across town, so they put up all their stuff on sale. Oddly, just bought a bunch of things on Blu Ray for the kiddos:

How to Train Your Dragon
How to Train Your Dragon 2
The Princess and the Frog
Tarzan
Minions

Man, thought I got a friggin' steal with Minions for $12 - usually it's $25-30 brand new. Then Target goes and puts the damn thing on sale for $10 the week after I made my purchase. Bummer, but that's just the way life goes I guess.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 09:10 PM   #799
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

Yojimbo & Sanjuro on Blu-Ray. A pair of genuine classic films by a master filmmaker.

Old 2016-01-29, 11:16 AM   #800
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Finally gotten round to the Spanish Witness for the Prosecution Spanish blu ray I bought a few weeks ago. Annoyingly the English soundtrack is ever so slightly, and annoyingly out of sync meaning I've going to have to sort out returning something to Spanish Amazon ("El faulty disco gringo").

I've seen it before, but I also picked up the blu of The Third Man, staring Transformers the Movie legend Unicron.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote