• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2017-04-29, 11:43 AM   #961
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract - I imagine it's based on the comic arc of the same name but with the changes you'd expect from the from DC Comics' animated movies.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 10:28 AM   #962
HeavyArms
Unicron

The Magnificent Seven remake starring Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt, which i found rather cheap.

Old 2017-05-27, 07:01 PM   #963
HeavyArms
Unicron

Arrival and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter from JB HiFi during a 'Buy One Get One Free' promotion.

Old 2017-05-29, 04:38 PM   #964
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Are any of the Resident Evil sequels any good? I have the first one and I really like that, but haven't heard anything positive about the sequels...

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-30, 05:13 PM   #965
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

I love the first two Resident Evil movies. They flow together pretty well. The wheels really come off on the third one, although I got the feeling when it came out, it was meant to be the last one. The real problem, for me, is that the third one veers into wanting to be a mix of Resident Evil and Day of the Dead, which means we wind up with an average, though beautifully shot, zombie movie with Resident Evil beats. Afterlife and Retribution are okay, but part of their problem is they have to deal with the post-Extinction fallout.

But now I can find out what the plan for RE3 was, as my old DVD copy of Extinction had zip for special features, because I got Resident Evil- The Complete Collection on Blu-Ray.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 02:18 PM   #966
HeavyArms
Unicron

The first two are the best. The rest get steadily poorer as they go.

Old 2017-06-10, 12:46 PM   #967
HeavyArms
Unicron

Logan in a steelbook, which also included Logan: Noir, which is a black and white version of the movie.

Old 2017-06-10, 05:59 PM   #968
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Master of Robotics.

Richmond, Virginia USA.

I may/may not have mentioned this before, but I really want the animated STAR TREK series and THE MIGHTY HEROES series DVDs ssssoooo bad.

Thanks in part to Unicron's intervention, Starscream had a very short kingship, didn't he? Visit Links 1 , 2 , 3 and 4 . [no animations in sigs]
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-17, 05:09 PM   #969
HeavyArms
Unicron

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever - The mini-movie epilogue that finished up the mid-2000's Ninja Turtles cartoon, which I actually haven't watched yet.

Old 2017-06-17, 11:09 PM   #970
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Arcadia of My Youth on blu-ray.

Which of course my busted region A player refuses to play. First I got the menu animation but not the actual menu and on the second attempt the damn thing refused to load. My BD-ROM at least plays it but the tray is busted, it takes a dozen attempts to get it to close.

Guess I'll be looking into replacing or repairing the player next month at last.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 02:43 PM   #971
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

The 70's Wonder Woman!

A really fun show of the sort that frequently verges on being quite bad. Probably a masterclass in how you can get away with a lot on TV if your leads are likeable, and Lynda Carter is incredibly charming.

For a 70's show set in the 40's with a female lead it actually avoids any real sexism, beauty pageant episode aside (mainly because Steve, up till that point someone who treats his secretary in a professional and respectful way, suddenly starts coming out with stuff like "You can't go undercover here, we need someone who looks good in a bathing suit!" and "I wonder if Wonder Woman can cook?").

Wonder Woman having a speech every episode about the awesomness of womanhood might be a bit on the nose, but it's actually quite endearing and sadly probably still necessary.

Mind, I understand that the switch to the '70's in generally awful (though the episode where it happens in the main thing I remember from a--ITV?--repeat run back when I was a kid).

And Steve Trever should clearly be the name of the actor and Lyle Waggoner the character.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 07:56 PM   #972
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

A while back I picked up Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition on Bluray. For $13, it was a good deal - came with the Bluray, DVD, and Digital HD. It's an OK movie; I think it gets a worse rap than really needed. Too long though.

And prior to that I had snagged Rogue One on Bluray, preceded quite some time ago by TMNT: Out of the Shadows, if I hadn't posted that one way back when. Both of these are pretty stellar, IMO.

A week-ish ago VUDU had a sale going on, so I picked up a digital HD bundle of Green Lantern and Watchmen for cheap. I'm halfway through Green Lantern and it isn't as bad as I remember. Maybe I just haven't hit the really bad parts yet. Not much too it, though. Maybe that's why people didn't really care for it.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 09:26 PM   #973
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I bought the Lego Batman Movie - it came with a free mask and a wonder woman tattoo!

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-24, 07:18 PM   #974
HeavyArms
Unicron

I have the Beauty & The Beast remake on Blu Ray and packaged in a steelbook.

Old 2017-07-01, 03:19 PM   #975
HeavyArms
Unicron

I also have the Lego Batman Movie on blu-ray in packaged in a steelbook.

Old 2017-07-06, 11:25 PM   #976
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Beetlejuice on blu-ray - never seen this one, apart from a bit of the ending I caught on TV once and remember very little of, apart from some kind of a human high striker - and Jewel of the Nile on blu-ray, which I have seen but I'm pretty sure the last time was when the year number started with a 1 and again remember very little of. The only bit I do remember is a wingless jet plane driving into a sandstorm.

Old 2017-07-08, 03:12 PM   #977
HeavyArms
Unicron

Bought the 2017 Power Rangers movie this week.

Old 2017-07-09, 03:32 PM   #978
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Real Ghostbusters Volume 3: blind, stupid luck at f.y.e. netted me this one. So I now have all of the good episodes and a disc and a half of the ones that are..... Well, utter crap. Moral of the story? When a focus group shows up and offers to help a show that's really successful be even better, shoot the focus group and hide the bodies.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 09:10 AM   #979
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrad View Post
So I now have all of the good episodes and a disc and a half of the ones that are..... Well, utter crap. Moral of the story? When a focus group shows up and offers to help a show that's really successful be even better, shoot the focus group and hide the bodies.
Where do we draw the line anyway? At Lorenzo Music being replaced, or the actual title of the series changing?

Not that it makes that much of a difference, there's only like what, 13 episodes between the two, if even that?

Old 2017-07-15, 12:34 PM   #980
HeavyArms
Unicron

The Edge of Seventeen - Starring Hailee Steinfeld and Woody Harrelson, a coming-of-age drama/comedy set during high school.