MP-16 will be Frenzy and Buzzsaw.

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 08:37 PM   #22
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Mostly have wanted one for the base mode, yeah. And even if the initial release bombs like Ginrai, five years down the line the reissue will recoup and probably gain value... like Ginrai
Fort Max would do infinitely better being sold on however much it tanks because you'd already have stumped up the transatlantic and there'll always be domestic interest.

That said I think this one is going to be more of a Predaking/Star Convoy with relatively small quantities released compared to some of the other reissues - they surely can't be putting out more than a thousand or so of these.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 09:00 PM   #23
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Smile

BBTS apparently had 500 preorders available, if I'm remembering what I was reading yesterday on a different board. I can't imagine they got half of the production run, so read into that what you will. Personally I'm hoping they're overproduced and wind up getting clearanced...I might bite if the price dropped like Ginrai or the Seacons did when they started keeping warehouse shelves warm.

They definitely won't make as many of him as Jazz or Soundwave though.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 09:17 PM   #24
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Thousand might be a bit low then but I doubt it's more than 2-3k. BBTS actually have a surprising amount of clout - wouldn't surprise me if they're the only Western stockist.

Old 2012-10-05, 07:17 AM   #25
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Even if it is a BBTS exclusive, if it's anything like the Seacons an amazing amount of him will wind up in the hands of British suppliers, so it may well be worth holding out for them for us UK bods as even with a mark up it's unlikely to come anywhere close to what trans-Atlantic postage will add to this bad boy.

Out of curiousity, would PM Prime (when fully suited and booted) be about in scale with Max for how they were portrayed in the Marvel comic?

Ohhh, screw fixing Scorponok's head, I demand they remold Max so he's pulling faces at Daniel now.

inflatable dalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 07:54 AM   #26
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I don't think so - Max is, IIRC, 22" and even with God Platforms Ginrai can't be much North of 14-16" - maybe for the couple of issues where they remembered they incorporated Cerebros before he shrank again? In all fairness to Max I can't think of an awful lot of non-Jumbo Machinder stuff that's close in size. The tallest thing I own is Proper Voltron, and he's about 14-16". Rough estimate is about twice the height of MP Prime. There's probably not a lot in the Transformers line full stop that comes above his waist by more than a head.

For anyone who doesn't own many big robots it's worth getting out a tape measure or whatever, extending it to 22" and comparing it to what you have. Whatever else you can say about Max, he's ****ing HUGE.

Old 2012-10-05, 07:57 AM   #27
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

I almost preordered Fortress Maximus when I received an e-mail alerting me to his existence - the price is affordable compared with what the original goes for in eBay.

I always wanted Fort Max as a kid (who didn't want the biggest ever Transformer), and thought he'd display well with WSTs, but my wife talked me out of it (nice of her not to just put her foot down, although it came very close to that...). At the end of the day, he'd no doubt compare very poorly to modern figures and I could not possibly display him (I don't have enough room anywhere to display Primus or Unicron anyway, which are probably better figures), so would live life in the attic mostly probably.

I did order the cassettes though. They look great, and will go nicely with MP Soundwave. There's a childhood dream being realized in a proper fashion. Although, I ama lso confused as to what will happen with Ratbat...

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 07:58 AM   #28
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Ah, probably a no go for me then, the only place I'd have room for him is in my bed.

SPOILER! (select to read)
And I'm not moving Pirahnacon out.

inflatable dalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 08:07 AM   #29
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I don't like being a Jonah but I'd seriously advise any Europeans (or anyone ordering the thing overseas) to wait for some idea of shipping costs before getting too excited because they're going to be bloody huge - I'd wager not a million miles from another $100 once you've added in insurance and an almost inevitable customs fee.

Old 2012-10-05, 08:21 AM   #30
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
I don't like being a Jonah but I'd seriously advise any Europeans (or anyone ordering the thing overseas) to wait for some idea of shipping costs before getting too excited because they're going to be bloody huge - I'd wager not a million miles from another $100 once you've added in insurance and an almost inevitable customs fee.
Shipping from RobotKingdom is $108.19 USD to UK (excluding insurance if you want it). Fort Max costs $299.90 USD making the total $408.09 USD from them, which is around 255 GBP total from them.

Still a decent price.

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 11:13 PM   #31
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
Although, I ama lso confused as to what will happen with Ratbat...
My guess is probably as an exclusive with a Soundblaster repaint, at least at first.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 01:29 AM   #32
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

I'm not going to lie, I about shat myself seeing Fort Max as an Encore. My wife has already said she's looking at getting me one for my birthday. XD I have this thing when it comes to large transformers and the city bots in particular, so this is right up my alley. I've also got a bunch of the smaller Transformers from the Prime line, so I think they'll have a display buddy.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 09:11 PM   #33
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Looks like I was spot-on in my guess on how much Fort Max is gonna go for on HLJ; $302 dollars. Placed my pre-order there. I will have enough money by the end of February, one way or the other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderwave View Post
I have this thing when it comes to large transformers and the city bots in particular, so this is right up my alley.
"I like big bots and I cannot lie"

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 06:08 AM   #34
The Reverend
Double Targetmaster

Knoxville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
I always wanted Fort Max as a kid (who didn't want the biggest ever Transformer), and thought he'd display well with WSTs, but my wife talked me out of it...
You could grab the "Quick Change" KO of Maximus (WST scale) if you want.

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 11:40 PM   #35
The Reverend
Double Targetmaster

Knoxville, TN

My wife is holding out for MP Slugfest. LOL.

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 03:45 PM   #36
Springer85
Unicron

All your base

Don't think these were posted yet, but there are some images for available Transformers Prime AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leuo Prime (I think?) and AM-29 Shockwave.

Magnus: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products.../tf458425.html
Leo: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products.../tf458432.html
Shockwave: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products.../tf458456.html

Springer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 04:49 AM   #37
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Have some in-hand photos.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote